Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If any party goes with Cock they can only blame themselves when the exact same scenario that Kepu is dealing with now happens to them. If they truly think that they can escape that scenario against everything that history tells us...well I'm sure that this time chaining yourself to a hungry hyena will end up with a great friendship and not a chain without anyone and a noticeably fat hyena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hei oliks kellään heittää sitä eroottista eduskunta-twitterii mis soini ja stubbi vetää kuusysissä jne.

googlasin puoltoist minsaa enkä löytäny

DarkCrawler posted:

If any party goes with Cock they can only blame themselves when the exact same scenario that Kepu is dealing with now happens to them. If they truly think that they can escape that scenario against everything that history tells us...well I'm sure that this time chaining yourself to a hungry hyena will end up with a great friendship and not a chain without anyone and a noticeably fat hyena.

I guess this is exactly what will happen. SDP's turn :getin:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Paavo is still missing. I thought I saw him yesterday but it was just a random deeku.

Please report any potential Paavo-sightings to the police immediately! He is very friendly to bald men with rimmed dark glasses so you if you find Paavo, find one of the bald men and give them some beef jerky and you might be able to coax him from a crevice or under a car.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 15, 2019

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Rinne is a loving blind idiot. I can only hope some cosmic catastrophe destroys all life on Earth forever so others don't have to deal with this poo poo anymore.

fart_man_69 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 15, 2019

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Speaking of hilarious Hesari headlines, got a hearty chuckle out of this:

Maybe Paavo's holed up with the Blues?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Docent Johan Bäckman exposing the ongoing conspiracy that robbed TF their victory WAKE UP SHEEPLE

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Let's all post the most schizophrenic, reactionary tweets we can find, in this thread, to bring joy to our fellow posters. Just kidding don't do that please

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

fart_man_69 posted:

Let's all post the most schizophrenic, reactionary tweets we can find, in this thread, to bring joy to our fellow posters.

here you go:

fart_man_69 posted:

Rinne is a loving blind idiot. I can only hope some cosmic catastrophe destroys all life on Earth forever so others don't have to deal with this poo poo anymore.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
That doesn't apply at all.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

If you meet Paavo on the road, do NOT accept party membership cards from him.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
First of all, it's not even a tweet you illiterate twat.

Also lol at the notion that criticizing the SDP is reactionary. Or a tweet. drat dude are you blind? Is your screen reader functioning correctly?

I apologize for the dumbass rhetoric but people I know might actually die because the Finnish left is so loving impotent. That joke wasn't funny dude

fart_man_69 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 15, 2019

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fart_man_69 posted:

First of all, it's not even a tweet you illiterate twat.

Also lol at the notion that criticizing the SDP is reactionary. Or a tweet. drat dude are you blind? Is your screen reader functioning correctly?

I apologize for the dumbass rhetoric but people I know might actually die because the Finnish left is so loving impotent. That joke wasn't funny dude

Why are you tweeting your meltdown at us?

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Why are you tweeting your meltdown at us?

You son of a bitch

what else is this miserable thread for

edit: just don't post tweets from people who've suffered traumatic brain injury as a result of crashing their audi/toyota into a tree / pedestrian at 120km/h when they were 20 years old. Please.

fart_man_69 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 15, 2019

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

fart_man_69 posted:

Let's all post the most schizophrenic, reactionary tweets we can find, in this thread, to bring joy to our fellow posters. Just kidding don't do that please

How about iltiksen kommenttiosaston kermaa? Most of the people there (judging by the comments and the upvotes) seem absolutely convinced SDP will just be powercucked out of the government by a Perskeko 2 coalition, supplemented with KD which is funny because even Sipilä isn't that motherfucking stupid to fall for the same trick a second time and crater the smouldering remains of Keskusta's support.

Right?? Surely kepu will not pettää tällä kertaa?

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Can someone lay out what they think is the most probable coalition to emerge from this shitshow?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fart_man_69 posted:

Can someone lay out what they think is the most probable coalition to emerge from this shitshow?

SDP/Kok/Vihr/RKP

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart_man_69 posted:

Profitable for Björn Wahlroos or profitable for humans?

e: oh gently caress sorry I had a few lagers and can't read.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

Andrast posted:

SDP/Kok/Vihr/RKP

The Hell Government

Honestly it might not be that bad as long as the greens keep with their ideological commitment to a better future (lol) and sdp keeps talking about work or whatever it is they do (lmao).

fart_man_69 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 15, 2019

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
It's going to be so loving bad oh my god

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

You will take your half-dysfunctional, half-gently caress the poor government and you will like it

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

fart_man_69 posted:

SDP+kepu+vihr+vas+rkp

You are delusional if you think that SDP will go with Koks after the shitshow that was Kataisen hallitus.

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.
Susanna Kuparinen made a goddamn hit play about the shitness of that government.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Docent Johan Bäckman exposing the ongoing conspiracy that robbed TF their victory WAKE UP SHEEPLE

This is almost as funny: https://www.iltalehti.fi/eduskuntavaalit-2019/a/161519b5-e4c0-4ff8-b166-99cb9262bfbe

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Man, Romakkaniemi has been getting increasingly crazy and Extremely Online after the 2015 election. Probably joining PS by 2023.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

Fated To Be Fat posted:

SDP+kepu+vihr+vas+rkp

You are delusional if you think that SDP will go with Koks after the shitshow that was Kataisen hallitus.

Why do you think this? SDP and Kok/Keskusta fundamentally believe - or pretend to believe - in the same lie, e.g. that "competitive" capitalism or "social democracy" is the cure for the ills of our nation. Their motivations are different, but who else is the SDP going to go with? They're cowards, opportunists and sellouts. It seems to me that even the best of them do not have the courage or even an ideological understanding of how to create a better society for all. They may shun Kok for political reasons but what is going to be the result of that? I'm not looking forward to the next government and that is incredibly depressing after the last 4 years.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Fated To Be Fat posted:

SDP+kepu+vihr+vas+rkp

That'd be an incredibly weak and difficult government setup and I don't think Kepu is interested in governing with the massive loss in the elections. You're delusional if you think Kok is being kept out of government this time round. It just isn't a realistic scenario.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruflux posted:

That'd be an incredibly weak and difficult government setup and I don't think Kepu is interested in governing with the massive loss in the elections. You're delusional if you think Kok is being kept out of government this time round. It just isn't a realistic scenario.

Kept would be fine going to the government after a bit since Sipilä will probably resign and the new person will want to be a valtiovarainministeri.

I don't think it will come to that though since I doubt SDP and Kok are going to have any difficulty forming a government together

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

Andrast posted:

I don't think it will come to that though since I doubt SDP and Kok are going to have any difficulty forming a government together

Dude you're being completely delusional, don't you remember Katainen? Jyrki Käteinen, soittaako kelloja???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_zXKsuN4Ck

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

fart_man_69 posted:

They're cowards, opportunists and sellouts. It seems to me that even the best of them do not have the courage or even an ideological understanding of how to create a better society for all.

No disagreement here. I'm just optimistic that SDP finally sees kokoomus as the clog in the gears of recent governments. Even the historically right wing sipilän hallitus had troubles because of their market extremism. Rinne might be a charisma void, but he isn't stupid.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

se on vaan suolainen koska yksikään venäjänkielinen ei päässyt läpi: https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000006072440.html

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

SDP/Kok/Vihr/RKP

veikkaan samaa

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

Fated To Be Fat posted:

Rinne might be a charisma void, but he isn't stupid.

These things are almost functionally equivalent when it comes to actually effecting anything. I'd argue the former is actually much, much worse in this situation.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The kepu camp has actually broken with tradition and has signalled it might be willing to enter into a government; Sipilä loving off and the party getting some new faces who work with SDP for four years to rehabilitate their image might work almost as well for them as sitting in opposition with the obvious benefit of actually having influence on things.

Of course this is just wishful thinking, but if I were in charge of the unenviable task of rescuing kepu's popularity, that'd be my proposal. And if you can position yourself as the actual centre party, you can leverage a constant 30-35 seats into a coalition membership for many coalitions in a row, given how fragmented the field has gotten since 2011.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sulphagnist posted:

The kepu camp has actually broken with tradition and has signalled it might be willing to enter into a government; Sipilä loving off and the party getting some new faces who work with SDP for four years to rehabilitate their image might work almost as well for them as sitting in opposition with the obvious benefit of actually having influence on things.

Of course this is just wishful thinking, but if I were in charge of the unenviable task of rescuing kepu's popularity, that'd be my proposal. And if you can position yourself as the actual centre party, you can leverage a constant 30-35 seats into a coalition membership for many coalitions in a row, given how fragmented the field has gotten since 2011.

A plus to them is that SDP doesn't actually oppose benefits to farmers. They'll come with more strings than Kepu ones, but they'll be fatter than Kok ones.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Vittu mitä paskaa.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!
Yeaup, kepu is a probable candidate for coalition with SDP.

Their voters pretty much voted against leikkaukset. I'm sure Sipilä wants to get through his maakuntamalli.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, SDP+Kepu+Vihr+Vas(+RKP) is probably the best we can hope for at this point.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
You people suggest Kepu+Cock shutting out SDP but do you really think that Sipilä wants to listen to more talks about Valinnanvapaus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

throw to first drat IT posted:

You people suggest Kepu+Cock shutting out SDP but do you really think that Sipilä wants to listen to more talks about Valinnanvapaus

Depends how much neoliberalism has rottened his brains.