Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Heyward is currently the #10 ranked player in this league.

lol that’s the height of a bad-faith argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What a lovely week for pitching. 0 saves and my team of scherzer, degrom, cole, and Flaherty somehow lost every category

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I put up 675 pts in a H2H points league, with the next closest guy below me in a different match up, last years champion, hitting 594. Of course I faced the guy with Khris Davis and Altuve who totaled 713. :waycool:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gonna need Travis Shaw to wake up now. Somehow made it through waivers to me

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is there something wrong with Kirby Yates? Someone dropped him for Max Fried when they had other options like Yan Gomes and Scott Schebler

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
In a points league, didn't remember to set my lineup in time to get David Price in yesterday. Our scoring had him with 58 points and I lost by 30. Gotta love it!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is Vogelbach legit? Not asking if I should grab him in a deep league, because duh, but is he actually for real?

Simpsons Reference posted:

Is there something wrong with Kirby Yates? Someone dropped him for Max Fried when they had other options like Yan Gomes and Scott Schebler

Unless there's some injury I'm not seeing, that person is a dumbass.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I forget where I read it but someone wrote that his underlying metrics suggest he could be. So who knows?!?!

I think the biggest question in the future is playing time if/when he cools off

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 15, 2019

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nick Burdi is going to get a lot of opportunities for holds, and I suspect some saves, and just about nobody outside of Pittsburgh knows a thing about him.

Here's some good analysis on him from the sabr-focused Pirates beat --> Nick Burdi Is More Than Just Velocity And Spin at Point of Pittsburgh

--> The Characteristics Of The Slider at Rumbunter.

W/ Crick injured and Richard Rodriguez & Keone Kela both struggling early, Felipe Vazquez can't carry the whole load. Burdi has looked excellent and reports are that the Pirates FO is very high on him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm still peeved every time I look and German Marquez and Shane Bieber aren't on my roster. I actually wanted to keep Marquez, I loved him last year, and I was in on Bieber since I saw him mentioned in this article before last season!
https://thedynastyguru.com/2018/03/20/pitchers-flourishing-obscurity/

I didn't keep Marquez only because I thought I would just draft him in the 1st round after keepers, and I could've, but Eugenio Suarez was unexpectedly still available and I gambled I could still get Marquez the next round. Just missed, then got flustered and took the best player available, David Peralta, only for Bieber to fly off the board right after. So I ended up missing out on both of my most desired players not even because I wanted other guys more (though I do love Suarez), but just because I underestimated the demand on them. Immediately started trying to trade Suarez, Peralta, and other pieces to get them but no dice.

If only I had one of them I wouldn't be bothered so much, but what really makes it stink is that among my keepers I already had an LF (Soto), so don't need Peralta, a 3B (Guerrero Jr), so don't need Suarez for long, and I even already have a Util-only guy (Ohtani). So I got these two good hitters that I not only didn't need, but that I'm also going to struggle with lineup choices on going forward. I write this post fully knowing that there's no reason for any of you to give a single poo poo, but I'm just so frustrated that even knowing that, I'm making this annoying pointless post!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

to contribute something more useful, let me suggest you check out Tyler O'Neill. Big potential w/ power and defense, sporadic playing time so far, but Harrison Bader is slightly dinged up (hamstring, but not serious) and Dexter Fowler isn't playing great, so he may start getting more starts. I just added him hoping he gets CF eligibility eventually.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
"Philadelphia Phillies — David Robertson was placed on the injured list Monday afternoon with right elbow soreness. The Phillies’ ninth-inning situation will become even more unsettled, with Hector Neris, Seranthony Dominguez, and possibly the revitalized Victor Arano contending for saves"

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Good pitchers you can become good again at any time now. Nola, Thor. Preemptively Bauer at this point

Bregor
May 31, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

Good pitchers you can become good again at any time now. Nola, Thor. Preemptively Bauer at this point

I’m gonna bench Sale tomorrow and he’s gonna destroy the Yanks isn’t he

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Hopefully

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

to contribute something more useful, let me suggest you check out Tyler O'Neill. Big potential w/ power and defense, sporadic playing time so far, but Harrison Bader is slightly dinged up (hamstring, but not serious) and Dexter Fowler isn't playing great, so he may start getting more starts. I just added him hoping he gets CF eligibility eventually.
Lol pulled after a couple innings with a hurt arm. I also just dropped Seranthony yesterday because Robertson has started looking solid!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why must all of my pitchers turn to poo poo as soon as I draft them? Every single year...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey just gotta say the Fire and Forget and Dingerball leagues rule because I get to watch numbers go up and down but don't have to spend any time setting a lineup ever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey just gotta say the Fire and Forget and Dingerball leagues rule because I get to watch numbers go up and down but don't have to spend any time setting a lineup ever.

:tipshat:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

agree, best leagues. set up a dozen more leagues like them next season, and i'll join them all

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Home league trade proposal, which side would you want? 11-team roto 5x5, 4 OF 1 Util:

Chris Sale

Carlos Carrasco + Austin Meadows

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

Home league trade proposal, which side would you want? 11-team roto 5x5, 4 OF 1 Util:

Chris Sale

Carlos Carrasco + Austin Meadows

depends on who meadows is displacing and who's replacing him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Maybe I’m too in on brewers hitters but I’ve seen mass drops of Aguilar and Shaw and yea they’ve been very slow but what the gently caress.

Shaw moreso since he doesn’t have a Thames lurking

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The Pussy Boss posted:

Is Vogelbach legit? Not asking if I should grab him in a deep league, because duh, but is he actually for real?

yes. all he ever needed was playing time.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

Maybe I’m too in on brewers hitters but I’ve seen mass drops of Aguilar and Shaw and yea they’ve been very slow but what the gently caress.

Shaw moreso since he doesn’t have a Thames lurking

Yeah, I've seen a Shaw and Aguilar drop, I'm thinking about dropping Aguilar myself if I can land Segura who was also dropped.

In another league, someone dropped Clevinger.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Add Eloy to the confusing drops category

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah, I've seen a Shaw and Aguilar drop, I'm thinking about dropping Aguilar myself if I can land Segura who was also dropped.

In another league, someone dropped Clevinger.

Wait, Jean Segura? .323/.380/.462 starting SS for the Phillies Segura?

:wtc:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait, Jean Segura? .323/.380/.462 starting SS for the Phillies Segura?

:wtc:

I know right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

He was my 5th round pick, when did he go in that league? More importantly: Who the hell did the dude fill his position with?!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

He was my 5th round pick, when did he go in that league? More importantly: Who the hell did the dude fill his position with?!

He dropped him for Freddy Galvis. He drafted him at the end of the 5th round.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

Nick Burdi is going to get a lot of opportunities for holds, and I suspect some saves, and just about nobody outside of Pittsburgh knows a thing about him.

Update, he's profiled briefly in this Paul Sporer post on Rotographs so I'm not the only one who took notice lol

Bregor
May 31, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

depends on who meadows is displacing and who's replacing him

I have Sale now, Meadows is displacing Kiermaier or Mallex. I’m leaning no but getting anything for Sale right now seems like a lifeline.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Matz :gonk:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Checking pitching stats feels exactly like watching a Jenga tower wobble

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Next year we should have a league that's the opposite of Fire and Forget, where we all auto-draft and then compete to see who's the best at cleaning up their mess.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving hell Jack Flaherty is bad against Milwaukee.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monday_ posted:

Next year we should have a league that's the opposite of Fire and Forget, where we all auto-draft and then compete to see who's the best at cleaning up their mess.

I'm in

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
WHAT THE gently caress I HAVENT HAD A SAVE IN OVER A WEEK AND CASTILLO GETS IT OVER ALVARADO 😡

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Monday_ posted:

If this is a thing, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Why wait til next year?