Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hyrule Warriors is the musou game I gave a solid shot to and it reaffirmed my opinion that the series just isn't for me

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I could probably like a Mosou if it was about a franchise I care about but even then I don’t think I could ever play one for very long.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're great mindless dopamine factories, kinda like clicker gamers or progress games on phones. The Zelda touches are nice but aren't really much of a factor unless you're a hyper nerd.

The adventure mode is the real meat of the game and if you're into it you can milk a few hundred hours of content out of it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A transformers musou would be immense.

Grimlock wrecking poo poo, optimus primal on his hoverboard ripping faces. Starscream being Starscream. Give it to me you cowards!

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 15, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Folt The Bolt posted:

Depends:

First of all, do you like Zelda gameplay elements or Fire Emblem gameplay elements more? Which one you answer yes to should probably be a major influence in your decision to buy one.

But I'll list some pros and cons:

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (since I guess this is the one you're going for):

Fire Emblem Warriors:

For the record, unlike most people, I think Fire Emblem Warriors is the slightly better one of the two, but either game is among the best modern Musou games.

Thanks! It's looking like definitely Hyrule Warriors then for me. Man I haven't played one of these since the Gundam ones.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Ports come out after the original release. Its a multiplatform release for both the WiiU and Switch.

Not necessarily. Port is a technical definition that applies to certain products irrespective of release date.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reggie is so pure, I love him :qq:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Reggie is so pure, I love him :qq:

You will learn to love Bowser. Or you will burn.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

Grimlock wrecking poo poo, optimus primal on his hoverboard ripping faces. Starscream being Starscream. Give it to me you cowards!

So disappointed Fall of Cybertron will never come to Switch or back to PS4/Steam.

The only good Transformers game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want Power Rangers Musuo

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Same except Samurai Pizza Cats.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Warriors guys are helping make the new Fire Emblem and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games right now. It's gonna be awhile before we see a new Musou out of them :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't know that they hired them to help on Fire Emblem Three Houses. That's pretty neat. I can see how they'll make the battlefield scenes seem more like a war zone than the previous games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is Nintendo selling the VR extension kits yet? I want the set that includes everything but my Best Buy only has the base set.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I want Power Rangers Musuo
They made a Kamen Rider Musou, is that close enough

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Nintendo selling the VR extension kits yet? I want the set that includes everything but my Best Buy only has the base set.
Seems like it's only sold on the Nintendo website right now

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Depends:

First of all, do you like Zelda gameplay elements or Fire Emblem gameplay elements more? Which one you answer yes to should probably be a major influence in your decision to buy one.

But I'll list some pros and cons:

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (since I guess this is the one you're going for):

Fire Emblem Warriors:

For the record, unlike most people, I think Fire Emblem Warriors is the slightly better one of the two, but either game is among the best modern Musou games.

This is a phenomenal post and should go into the Warriors thread OP.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Nintendo online store might be.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

Remakes, HD releases, ports, virtual console releases, idgaf. Think of how many Zeldas you can play on the Wii U in comparison. It's bad.

at the two year mark Wii U only had WW and Minish Cap, it's not like every zelda game came out all at once.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a way to max out both health and stamina in Breath of the Wild if you have the expansion pass.
I've finished up Champion's Ballad and all 120 base game shrines and I'm two hearts short.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No there isn't. It's bullshit.

There are even eight more shrines you did in the dlc! They could have given you sprit orbs, but didn't!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mister Facetious posted:

So disappointed Fall of Cybertron will never come to Switch or back to PS4/Steam.

The only good Transformers game.

Devastation is better.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

homeless snail posted:

Seems like it's only sold on the Nintendo website right now

Thanks. I’ll just wait then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No there isn't. It's bullshit.

There are even eight more shrines you did in the dlc! They could have given you sprit orbs, but didn't!

Eff you Nintendo!!

I mean the reward you get is definitely better than two hearts but it's a big fu to OCD folks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Eff you Nintendo!!

I mean the reward you get is definitely better than two hearts but it's a big fu to OCD folks.

Let me give you a cure for OCD

Give yourself 2 4/5 stamina wheels, and 29 hearts

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Eff you Nintendo!!

It mildly bugged me that they added more shrines in the DLC but only 4 more orbs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sad to see Reggie leave just like I was bummed when Iwata passed on but here are still a lot of affable personalities there. Yoshiaki Koizumi is a ridiculously talented guy who really picked up the ball in hosting the Directs, I'm sure BOWSER will be good too.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Speaking of Transformers I'd be pretty happy to double dip on a port of Transformers: Devastation, the 2015 Transformers game PlatinumGames made which was exactly in the style of the G1 cartoon and had all the original voice actors.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mods!?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just max out the Stamina wheel and then eat Hearty meals for the missing hearts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RBA Starblade posted:

As a Non-WiiU owner, I'll allow it!

If I had to get one btw would Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors be a better buy

Hyrule Warriors is my favorite musou

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

THE loving MOON posted:

Fire Emblem warriors sounds like it would be great on paper, but they made some weird decisions that kind of kneecapped it. Being able to switch between, and order around multiple characters was cool, and theoretically the weapon triangle could have translated well. It's issues have been talked to death, but I still think a sequel could fix most of them pretty easily just because they can diversify with the first game's roster to build off of.

edit: In short, yeah Hyrule Warriors is a better game

edit: Hyrule warriors has issues too, btw. After the first few times the giant boss monsters can range from tedious to infuriating.

I did an adventure stage with TWO gohmas and it was the most bullshit thing

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Hey Folt, does the Max Rupees Glitch still work in the Switch edition or did it get patched out? I would play Hyrule Warriors again potentially but only if that still works for way easier/quicker progression.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My body was not ready for today :smith:

https://i.imgur.com/riNj2oh.mp4

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DoctorWhat posted:

Devastation is better.

The story in Devastation is worse, the voice acting is worse, the graphics are worse, and the game mechanics are worse.
The only thing it has is the Platinum dev name attached to it but it's easily one of the worst things they've put out.
Their entire Activision partnership output (Korra, TMNT, etc.) was subpar.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The VR blaster is a real bear to put together, but I just got finished with. Totally worth it, the on-rails arcade shooter thingy that comes with it is actually a lot of fun! Don't get impatient and rush ahead folding stuff while you're building it, it's easy to accidentally fold something that looks like it should be folded, but actually shouldn't. Just follow the directions, it walks you through like you're tragically, aggravatingly stupid :downs:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

THE loving MOON posted:

The VR blaster is a real bear to put together, but I just got finished with. Totally worth it, the on-rails arcade shooter thingy that comes with it is actually a lot of fun! Don't get impatient and rush ahead folding stuff while you're building it, it's easy to accidentally fold something that looks like it should be folded, but actually shouldn't. Just follow the directions, it walks you through like you're tragically, aggravatingly stupid :downs:

It's made for children.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

It's made for children.

Uh, yeah. :confused: Not sure what your point is, it's a long, tedious process no matter how old you are.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Stan Taylor posted:

It's made for children.

It’s the Nintendo thread, we’re all children at heart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stan Taylor posted:

It's made for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's usually intended to be made by children though