Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

just click faster :dukedog:

attack move is fine and a reasonable way to play, technically speaking if you are capable of max apming it always do that as it is slightly better, but if you struggle mechanically to keep up the high apm to keep your character from doing stupid pathing go ahead and just use attack move. less error prone

pidan posted:

Do I absolutely need to use "attack move" when playing as ADC, or can I just try right clicking things forever

most pro adcs use attack move extensively but the really insane ones only right click. off the top of my head that's how both uzi and doublelift (and rabidsquid) play. its kind of funny because learning to use attack move seems daunting at first but is fundamentally going to be easier in the long term for probably 90% of the population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

most pro adcs use attack move extensively but the really insane ones only right click. off the top of my head that's how both uzi and doublelift (and rabidsquid) play. its kind of funny because learning to use attack move seems daunting at first but is fundamentally going to be easier in the long term for probably 90% of the population.

yeah i am not sure if i did a good enough job explaining the difference between attack move and manually clicking only is minuscule and only comes out when you master a champion, it is what lets uzi do gross rear end poo poo on caitlyn and doublelift feed in really cool ways as vayne, but it is absolutely not necessary to play at any level

E: seriously it is so unique that manually clicking everything is both "strictly better" and also "completely unnecessary". where else does that come up in gaming

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 15, 2019

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Most insane pro habits is probably the pros who don't use any hotkeys. I know Dopa, the famous Korean streamer, never uses hotkeys and honestly watching his streams he seems as fast as someone who would use hotkeys. Also I think many Koreans do that as well.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hot keys to do what, exactly?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I think they make fire.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think they make fire.

right, the "D" key makes fire, as opposed to "F" which always is used for the flash summoner spell.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

press D to dance

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

am i just dumb, i went to the settings to try and set L click to a move and it wont let me bind it?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You have to edit some game files bind stuff to left click

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
you don't have to edit anything to enable left-click attack move. there's a checkbox at the very bottom of the options on the Hotkeys page that is labeled something like "bind left mouse click to attack move"

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hmm I don't remember that being there.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
it was added about a year ago

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

pahuyuth posted:

you don't have to edit anything to enable left-click attack move. there's a checkbox at the very bottom of the options on the Hotkeys page that is labeled something like "bind left mouse click to attack move"

What does left click normally do? Show the stats of the clicked thing in the top left corner?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
All this left click chat has made me realise I dont use left click for anything. Time to tentatively try attack move I guess

Also don't you need attack move to play kalista competently?

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
Played Leona for the first time the other day. She is fun as hell, I love her. Annoying if your team sucks and can't carry or make use of the constant CC Leona puts out. God I need to get out of bronze.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Despite her simple kit, good Leona play also requires a decent sense of what's happening in the game. In lane she is absolutely brutal - however once you get to team fight time you have some decisions to make. Since you're completely useless when your Q is on cooldown you need to judge how to use it best. If they have a fed diver/assassin, should you be sticking to your ADC to peel or should you be looking for picks and engages? Keep in mind if you E to their back line, your back line is also now completely exposed as you're half a screen away.

Bronze tends to have awful vision control - you can get the edge by warding possible flanking routes if you forsee a brawl happening in the next 20 seconds. This can help you decide to go ham if you can see all 5 enemies, or to guard your squishies if that kha zix is in the fog somewhere

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also full disclaimer I never take my own advice on Leona. I rush mobis + righteous glory and go ham 24/7

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

el dingo posted:

Also full disclaimer I never take my own advice on Leona. I rush mobis + righteous glory and go ham 24/7

This is the only correct way to play Leona no matter what advice you read. I legitimately warn my ADC that I'm going to be going ham 24/7 anytime I pick her

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Umbreon posted:

This is the only correct way to play Leona no matter what advice you read. I legitimately warn my ADC that I'm going to be going ham 24/7 anytime I pick her

correct - if you are going to play that way, be sure to warn your adc. there is nothing more frustrating than locking in a hypercarry and preparing for a slow game only to have last pick leona with no warning trying to all in all the time. communication is important

Dancer
May 23, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

correct - if you are going to play that way, be sure to warn your adc. there is nothing more frustrating than locking in a hypercarry and preparing for a slow game only to have last pick leona with no warning trying to all in all the time. communication is important

Pinging the enemy ADC is communication right

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dancer posted:

Pinging the enemy ADC is communication right

as long as you ping ~3 seconds before you go in and not while you are mid animation

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just noticed that Pekin Woof has some nice mid-lane oriented educational YouTube videos (just ignore the clickbait titles). Watched a few and I've got to say that I'm impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?PekinGaming?videos

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So what exactly do you do against Yi? Every part of his kit just feels so unbelievably spiteful to play against. He doesn't physically exist half the time, laughs off your big moves and turret shots with W, and fights like he's at full build 20 minutes in. I do my part landing my Exhausts and Grievous Wounds on him but then he just ults away and comes back in 10 seconds to solo a teamfight.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Leona only goes one direction, you either kill them and keep going forward or die and ? ping your bot laner/jungler.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

So what exactly do you do against Yi? Every part of his kit just feels so unbelievably spiteful to play against. He doesn't physically exist half the time, laughs off your big moves and turret shots with W, and fights like he's at full build 20 minutes in. I do my part landing my Exhausts and Grievous Wounds on him but then he just ults away and comes back in 10 seconds to solo a teamfight.

Yi is a weak little pissbaby unless he's been allowed to free farm for 20 minutes. Either gank the poo poo out of his lanes so they're all too far behind and tilted or invade constantly to deny him his farm.

If he's got items completed and is a threat then you have little choice but to focus him in team fights before he pentas you.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

njsykora posted:

Leona only goes one direction, you either kill them and keep going forward or die and ? ping your bot laner/jungler.

In all seriousness, the parts of a CC spamming support that makes them great engagers also makes them great peelers for your carries late game. The Leona stuff I posted above pretty much applies to alistar, pyke, thresh, nautilus etc. Naut in particular is drat near impossible to get past

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
I didn't even think of Naut. I will try him tonight! The problem I was running into after a while of Leona definitely was going too ham and leaving my ADC, whoopsie.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

Yi is a weak little pissbaby unless he's been allowed to free farm for 20 minutes. Either gank the poo poo out of his lanes so they're all too far behind and tilted or invade constantly to deny him his farm.

If he's got items completed and is a threat then you have little choice but to focus him in team fights before he pentas you.

not true. please do not disrespect the master like that.

master yi is a champion for opportunists, and ideal master yi play is about predicting where the opportunities are and seizing them to gain power - lategame, yi is a master duelist and an incredible pusher and uses both in tandem to snipe enemy carries assassin style and shove towers tryndamere style.

yi only farming is not ideal. as a yi player, i am always looking for the early gank - yi is very scrappy due to his w being an auto reset and being able to burst someone and get a kill goes a long way to enacting The Yi Zone. preventing yi from snowballing is your utmost goal, and this means you have to treat yi like hecarim or some other snowball jungler out of respect. judging by exhaust i assume you play support - get wards up. do not let yi get early ganks.

lategame team fighting - pretend yi is zed. how do you deal with zed? do that for yi. he is not strictly a carry - his ult movespeed and w and tendency to focus down carries makes him a unique blend of adc and assassin, and by treating him like an assassin you are better equipped to deal with his poo poo. that means take preventative measures position wise, and prepare lots of stuns.

ultimately though, these plans are just simple. yi is a ticking time bomb, as he scales incredibly well and provides insane objective control when he pops off. your goal is to accelerate the games tempo and try to make as many plays before yi can take off with a game. do not let yi get any inch, because for each inch he gets a mile. with that said, if you pull this off, he is not contributing to his team. master yi can not forcefully take over a game unless you let him - and if he can not do that, he is just a lovely right clicker who gets focused down immediately and dies.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

if you like "infuriating amounts of cc on drat near every part of their kit" let me tell you noot noot is your fuckin BOY. I was so sad when he got shoved out of jg/top. He's still a very solid support.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
4 out of 5 parts in nauts kit are CC. He's a good boy

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Naut owns and was my favourite champ back in the day. Shame he can't jungle anymore but I still love him.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

As much as I love Leona I have a bad problem just diving constantly at the expense of levels.

StevieWonder
Dec 27, 2012

Smol posted:

Hot keys to do what, exactly?

I think he's talking about quickcast. He doesn't quick cast anything if you watch his replays on youtube.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

judging by exhaust i assume you play support - get wards up. do not let yi get early ganks.

lategame team fighting - pretend yi is zed. how do you deal with zed? do that for yi.

I play Karthus Mid, actually. I usually do fine vs ganks but unfortunately I cannot speak for the rest of my team. Also I always ban Zed so I actually have no idea how to deal with him either :shobon:

Retroactively, however, I found out the real problem with the match was that they changed Wit's End to a healing item at some point, sp nobody thought to/knew to build a GR item. Knowing that level of absurd healing isn't inherently part of him helps a lot!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
E Shadow Assassin cooldown decreased.

Shadow Assassin has almost always been overshadowed by Rhaast. We're hoping that by doubling down on Shadow Assassin's signature mobility, Kayn players will have more of an option when deciding between the two.

E - Shadow Step

SHADOW ASSASSIN COOLDOWN21/19/17/15/13 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds at all ranks

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

I play Karthus Mid, actually. I usually do fine vs ganks but unfortunately I cannot speak for the rest of my team. Also I always ban Zed so I actually have no idea how to deal with him either :shobon:

Retroactively, however, I found out the real problem with the match was that they changed Wit's End to a healing item at some point, sp nobody thought to/knew to build a GR item. Knowing that level of absurd healing isn't inherently part of him helps a lot!

hm. my mid game is complete poo poo tier, but it sounds like your problem is not knowing how to deal with safe assassins rather than master yi specifically. try letting zed through in controlled settings to improve the matchup, and you can use that to get better at dealing with yi in team fights. also, if you are winning lane, try working with your jungler to steal his blue. that will piss him off

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

CC is Yi’s weakness. Anyone with half a brain won’t pick him into a team with a bunch. That’s why he’s the player’s choice pubstomper cause rando teams like to play teams with hypercarries to live their master league dreams.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Nautilus mid has been gaining some popularity in Korea lately, he might be making a comeback to the meta.

Regarding Yi, the old adage still applies: "Just cc him bro". :smuggo:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smol posted:

Nautilus mid has been gaining some popularity in Korea lately, he might be making a comeback to the meta.

Regarding Yi, the old adage still applies: "Just cc him bro". :smuggo:

a lot of doinb respecters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

not true. please do not disrespect the master like that.

master yi is a champion for opportunists, and ideal master yi play is about predicting where the opportunities are and seizing them to gain power - lategame, yi is a master duelist and an incredible pusher and uses both in tandem to snipe enemy carries assassin style and shove towers...

just popping in to say I totally agree with this. played well, Yi can be an objective taking monster.