Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

The Ultraman in the Ultraman manga is regular person sized

Doesn't sound very Ultra to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Well, they could have gone with Megaman but that might have caused problems

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
His face makes me think of an extremely armored parrot, but that kit looks really well done, good job.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I have a question about topcoats. I know that when I’m using a matte topcoat I should cover any clear plastic, as it causes it to fog, but should I do the same with foil stickers?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

I have a question about topcoats. I know that when I’m using a matte topcoat I should cover any clear plastic, as it causes it to fog, but should I do the same with foil stickers?

If you want them to stay shiny, yes. The matte doesn’t change clear plastic to make it foggy, it puts a microscopically bumpy layer over the surface that reflects light more diffusely.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Doesn't sound very Ultra to me

Wait until you hear that there's like, 6 Ultramen in it instead of one.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I went to the local gunpla group's build off meetup with my Dijeh and got third place. Here's a couple of pictures and the full album here:

https://imgur.com/a/0MCKoqO

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Do you plan on adding people to it, like in a miniature old european square diorama with birds nesting on its shoulders. It looks the part marvellously.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not gonna lie, I'm curious to see what beat you, because that robit is absolutely stunning!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

I absolutely adore the tiny leaves, you brightened my day with this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's the biggest maple leaf I've ever seen. I approve.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Mordja posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm curious to see what beat you, because that robit is absolutely stunning!

For real!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Here's what got first place, dude who built it is super cool and basically my nemesis because he always places higher than me haha.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like yours better but I'm automatically biased against SD stuff.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm actually happy that the winner was an SD and not another strike/unicorn variant.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It may look menacing at first but that's just the Nightingale on some Neo Zeon wreckage. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

From what I remember of the level of detail the SDs are that's really good work. But I really like the mossy appearance and texture on yours too, That Gobbo!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Gobbo posted:

Here's what got first place, dude who built it is super cool and basically my nemesis because he always places higher than me haha.

It's cute but uninspiring. You're #1 in my book!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

You got robbed if that beat yours.

Like it's good but exceedingly pedestrian aside from being SD.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. The builder put in a lot of work and scratchbuilding and his entry was my favorite of the bunch even if it was a SD. The group admins are still trying to work out the kinks in their judging criteria for our build-offs and have been trying different stuff. They started off with IPMS but that ended up too exhaustive and took forever so I think they were working with a very reduced down list of categories to work from. I ended up having the fewest categories, due to no decals or modifications to the kit, so any hit to a score hurt more than others. I don't believe there wasn't anything with regard to 'creativity' or 'uniqueness' so I will provide some feedback on that. I always do different stuff like that so it feels almost self-serving to give feedback like that...

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Those are both amazing.

I finally completed the RG zeta I picked up from Gundam Front a few years ago.

It's not quite a grenade but it's pretty weak. I think it's pretty awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Zerachiel Gundam is an Absolute Unit of an HG Gunpla and I love it dearly :allears:. It's also the only HG kit I've seen that uses the entire runner of Polycaps, stuffing them into every single joint right down to the sword/wing-holders. The arms don't even sag when holding the big-rear end cannons. Not a lot you can really do to customize it like some HGBF/D kits because it has no accessory tabs, but it does one thing (well, three, technically) and does it very well. It's a fun build and well worth a buy.

edit: Photos!

It flies!

It Tanks!

It poses dramatically!

It has Sick-rear end GunbladesTM!

The only actual partsforming on it is the kneecaps, incidentally. There's a neat little RG-like mechanism inside the lower legs that let them telescope up and down for retracting them in the vehicle modes, and the kneecap keeps the lower leg locked in place for robot mode. Pop it off, shift the leg up or down, pop it back on.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 16, 2019

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

That's a great SD and there's no shame in coming in second. You guys both did great work and it must have been a close call.

I can relate to being a little salty in coming in second. Happened to me at the last model show I entered. So much of this hobby does seem subjective.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Zerachiel Gundam is an Absolute Unit of an HG Gunpla and I love it dearly :allears:. It's also the only HG kit I've seen that uses the entire runner of Polycaps, stuffing them into every single joint right down to the sword/wing-holders. The arms don't even sag when holding the big-rear end cannons. Not a lot you can really do to customize it like some HGBF/D kits because it has no accessory tabs, but it does one thing (well, three, technically) and does it very well. It's a fun build and well worth a buy.
The only actual partsforming on it is the kneecaps, incidentally. There's a neat little RG-like mechanism inside the lower legs that let them telescope up and down for retracting them in the vehicle modes, and the kneecap keeps the lower leg locked in place for robot mode. Pop it off, shift the leg up or down, pop it back on.

Could you please take pics of the leg telescope mechanism and the torso folding parts, I'm in the process of engineering a transformable kit and in desperate need of inspiration.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

That Gobbo posted:

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. The builder put in a lot of work and scratchbuilding and his entry was my favorite of the bunch even if it was a SD. The group admins are still trying to work out the kinks in their judging criteria for our build-offs and have been trying different stuff. They started off with IPMS but that ended up too exhaustive and took forever so I think they were working with a very reduced down list of categories to work from. I ended up having the fewest categories, due to no decals or modifications to the kit, so any hit to a score hurt more than others. I don't believe there wasn't anything with regard to 'creativity' or 'uniqueness' so I will provide some feedback on that. I always do different stuff like that so it feels almost self-serving to give feedback like that...

Yeah that SD kit has a lot of work on it to make it look that good. No shame in losing to that, though I do like yours better. Show them this thread with a bunch of people saying how good it is and that we rate it highly for creativity if you feel bad going "hey, this thing I would score highly on should be counted" which isn't surprising.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ka0 posted:

Could you please take pics of the leg telescope mechanism and the torso folding parts, I'm in the process of engineering a transformable kit and in desperate need of inspiration.

You can see it in the instructions here on Dalong.net.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That is one of the better looking SDs I've seen, and I'm a huge fan of the line, so yeah no shame in that loss.

Do you happen to have galleries of the stuff that you guys have done? Both of these models were incredibly well done so I'd like to see more.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Here's his IG: https://instagram.com/nerd_vs_everything

And my IG, I've recently gotten into painting Warhammer minis so you'll have to dig a little for my gunpla stuff:
https://instagram.com/thatgobbo

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/f90project/
huh can't say I expected that

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It also looks like they're planning to slowly release all 26 mission packs. Which is honestly pretty god drat nuts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I see Barbatos arms, ZZII legs, lightning backpack weapon system II (the one on the Full Burnernrnrnr Lightning gundam) and maybe the top back thrusters are from the Rouei, but what I enjoy the most is the choice of colors.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

More PB only HG AoZ stuff coming too

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1118432695011254272?s=19

HG Primrose escape pod up for preorder soon
HG Hyzantheley II under planning

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

I don't really see what the hype is, but then again I've never seen F91. Might as well check it o-

RADOOOOOOOME

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MJP posted:

I don't really see what the hype is, but then again I've never seen F91. Might as well check it o-

RADOOOOOOOME

Those don’t appear in F91, they’re all in comics and MSVs.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sweet, no FOMO. This is gonna be my exception to the "no more MGs, I'm out of space" rules.

Or maybe they'll just release the E-pack as an add-on? I could slap it on the MG Jegan...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Those don’t appear in F91, they’re all in comics and MSVs.

And a videogame.

The packs seem to be releasing on their own, so just getting those seems viable, even if they'd look small on a Jegan.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

MJP posted:

Sweet, no FOMO. This is gonna be my exception to the "no more MGs, I'm out of space" rules.

Or maybe they'll just release the E-pack as an add-on? I could slap it on the MG Jegan...

But aren't SNRI suits notoriously tiny?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does anybody have any experience with the RG Unicorn Full Armor? I know the regular RG Unicorn is a great kit, but how does it hold up with all that extra stuff on top of it?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

But aren't SNRI suits notoriously tiny?

Radomes are radomes, and AFAIK there are no other MG kits with a radome. RADOME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Is a spray like this safe to use on gunpla plastic? Will I need a primer first?