Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any sign that the government is actually going to prepare for this new October deadline, or just take a break until then and then start shouting at each other again?

brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hexyflexy posted:

Why did you even ask that.
Trying to decide whether to follow this thread for the next several months or not.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

is that a fake post or actually true.

It's proving true through recent controlled studies. It's shown true throughout history when dogs were bred as rat control, and were far better at the job.

Mice are a different story. Cats are excellent for mouse control. A rat is far more dangerous prey than a mouse.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trying to decide whether to follow this thread for the next several months or not.

we have so much more to discuss about british govt

let me tell you about the ceremonial swords

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

there is one sword whose job is to be symbolic of another, more elaborate sword that is also in the collection

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Samurai Sanders posted:

Essentially, as far as the Brexit goes, and as much as it seems this isn't true, nothing has changed since January.

Which sounds insane, but we've still got May with her dealtime, nobody knowing what's really going on, and a deadline. The fact it's now a different deadline means gently caress all, because nothing else has changed.

Anything happening now like the European elections are irrelevant, as we'd be doing that anyway if we weren't in the perpetual Brexit, so have no relevance to a Brexit, the Brexit, or any potential Brexit, or superposition of such.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Third World Reagan posted:

Or minks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephdcarter/videos

I am not ashamed to have watched rats die due to mink

i love this video title

quote:

120 Rats DESTROYED By Mink and Dogs (NOT Facts and Logic)

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

It's proving true through recent controlled studies. It's shown true throughout history when dogs were bred as rat control, and were far better at the job.

Rat-killing terriers are terrifying, no other animal kills with the same unthinking psychopathic efficiency. Of course rat-baiting used to be big in the UK, and BILLY the terrier was king of rat-baiting:

Wikipedia posted:

The dog BILLY, of rat-killing notoriety, on the evening of the 13th instant, again exhibited his surprising dexterity; he was wagered to kill one hundred rats within twelve minutes; but six minutes and twenty five seconds only elapsed, when every rat lay stretched on the gory plain, without the least symptom of life appearing.' Billy was decorated with a silver collar, and a number of ribband bows, and was led off amidst the applauses of the persons assembled.
One dead rat every 4 seconds gets you ribband bows.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Squizzle posted:

there is one sword whose job is to be symbolic of another, more elaborate sword that is also in the collection

is the more elaborate sword as or more symbolic than the Kusanagi

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Victory Position posted:

is the more elaborate sword as or more symbolic than the Kusanagi
I'm still hoping I can see that sword on TV as part of the new emperor stuff at the end of the month.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

Please let it be the Sword of Chang :pray:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
My life would be complete with a Brexit/Jeb! crossover

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Nocturtle posted:

Rat-killing terriers are terrifying, no other animal kills with the same unthinking psychopathic efficiency. Of course rat-baiting used to be big in the UK, and BILLY the terrier was king of rat-baiting:

One dead rat every 4 seconds gets you ribband bows.

A laudable, noble and glorious creature no doubt

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

euphronius posted:

is that a fake post or actually true.

I mean you can kinda glimpse it in the way house cats watch different animals out the window. They get super thirsty over birds, mice, fish etc. But never seem interested even slightly (at least not in a predatory way) in squirrels and stuff around that size.
Except my cat, but that's because she's a hulking amazon.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Some cats are no good at hunting smaller creatures either - the landlady of a previous place I lived kept three cats, and none of them were any help when her kitchen was invaded by a mouse. She had to get a human in to sort it out.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

My life would be complete with a Brexit/Jeb! crossover

Jeb!emy Corbush

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I recall hearing from a researcher who studied stray cats by attaching cameras to their backs that maybe the biggest part of their diet was insects.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jollity Farm posted:

Some cats are no good at hunting smaller creatures either - the landlady of a previous place I lived kept three cats, and none of them were any help when her kitchen was invaded by a mouse. She had to get a human in to sort it out.

I think a lot of it is learned and kittens usually are adopted pretty young. my cats were completely useless until they lived with my sister’s cat for a while and now they’re rodent murder machines.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Cats bullied by chinchillas are a hilarious sight.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just get a Maine coon and get it to hunt children or the smaller MPs of Westminster

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jose posted:

It's a shame the Tories are so insistent on killing foxes because they would be great for it

They should just come down to Australia for that, we're desperately trying to get rid of them

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any sign that the government is actually going to prepare for this new October deadline, or just take a break until then and then start shouting at each other again?

There's a good chance the government will try to get some kind of deal pushed through within the next month, as they really don't want to hold European Parliament elections at the end of May.

Based on past trends this will fail horribly and the elections will throw up some mad result that nobody predicted, taking us down to the next level of insanity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Foxes here have moved into cities because food is much easier for them to find. London has loads

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Elevator Screamer posted:

There's a good chance the government will try to get some kind of deal pushed through within the next month, as they really don't want to hold European Parliament elections at the end of May.

Based on past trends this will fail horribly and the elections will throw up some mad result that nobody predicted, taking us down to the next level of insanity.

Even if a deal passes we'll almost certainly have to do the elections anyway due to how long things take

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Squizzle posted:

we have so much more to discuss about british govt

let me tell you about the ceremonial swords

Women, ponds, etc

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Ayn Randi posted:

Jeb!emy Corbush

Jez!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Jam!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nocturtle posted:

Rat-killing terriers are terrifying, no other animal kills with the same unthinking psychopathic efficiency.

it’s very worrying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sword was a fancy metaphor for primogeniture, which is the least controversial and most correct form of inheriting a kingdom or estate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/rosschawkins/st...ingawful.com%2F

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1117057339734089728?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Does that say hashtags are illegal? :swoon:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

with what would it be easily confused?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

prefect posted:

Does that say hashtags are illegal? :swoon:

https://twitter.com/rosschawkins/status/1118093561558335493

Guess a corporation can register to be a party even after they missed the deadline to register?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Doesn't the independent group have some legal definition. How are they able to co-opt that and turn it into a party.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
corporations are people parties my friend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They can register whenever that deadline was for euro elections. It's possible they tried to register before the deadline

Their name is a loving mess that nobody has any idea who or what the gently caress they are when they go to vote unless they really keep up with politics.

Everyone is going to understand the brexit party and ukip already have brand recognition

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Change UK/The Independent Group are such centrists that they couldn’t even decide on one name for their party and made an idiotic compromise to use both suggestions at the same time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CUKC

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao they got to register as a party but because their logo got rejected it'll be blank on the ballot