Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm surprised they seem to wanna do a tshirt every month because idk who's gonna stay at the $25 tier ($30 if you're outside the US like me ($36 after Patreon take their cut))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm surprised they seem to wanna do a tshirt every month because idk who's gonna stay at the $25 tier ($30 if you're outside the US like me ($36 after Patreon take their cut))

I will if I like the designs. They don't really want to do it this way though, they're just stuck in a bad situation because they didn't realize there's no way to get rid of that tier without unsubscribing everyone who's part of it, and I guess they're concerned that they won't get enough people to switch back to the regular tier before they do that. The consensus seems to be that they'd rather just set up a webstore somewhere if it weren't for this (and, while they haven't mentioned it on the podcast, Skyler in Dallas already has the Pinchy Crabs shirt up for sale on his store).

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Usually live episodes are worse than in studio episodes.....but it's the exact opposite with the boys. The east coast boys gone bad tour episodes were all awesome.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

So I did give the first Off Book episode a chance, and it is indeed pretty good! I loved when they stumbled into the Atlas Shrugged song.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Hayes repeatedly threatening to deck Kevin's rear end is extremely good

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Gabrus and Betsy on a live off book today inspired by the large amount of taco Bell they ordered to the theater.

It's a wonderful contrast between Zach and Jess and Gabrus and Betsy on their performing styles/personalities

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

crimedog posted:

E: is actionboyz good? I love the high and mighty eps
Action Boyz is fantastic, I have some clips I've cut out to maybe help sell the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBESarRmmbM - Rocky III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeLXEBERy4 - Red Sonja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMEBDXQdwc - Batman

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I was sad to hear Affleck was leaving the role, because I love this bit so much

"CLARK, COULD YOU SEND A MESSAGE TO CYBORG - 'FRUIT: BAD?' BECAUSE I JUST GOT SOME TROUBLING NEWS..."

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Zsinjeh posted:

Action Boyz is fantastic, I have some clips I've cut out to maybe help sell the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBESarRmmbM - Rocky III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeLXEBERy4 - Red Sonja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMEBDXQdwc - Batman

drat! You've been prepared. The red Sonja one is hilarious

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It’s insane that Action Boyz now has a kind of elaborate set of lore/inside jokes and I literally love them all.

From wolfie, to Dar, to Clubber Lang’s roommate, to basically anything. Their hatred of film fan. Action boyz is now my favorite podcast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope filmfan isn’t gone for good

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Calling the WGA president without telling him he's on a podcast is pretty good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

It’s insane that Action Boyz now has a kind of elaborate set of lore/inside jokes and I literally love them all.

It feels like every episode adds at least one more term/quote/character voice to the pile, and later they'll come out of nowhere when you least expect it. (Like how, this week, Rodgers punctuated Gabrus' story about watching two guys on the weight bench repeatedly set themselves up for injury with a Fender-voiced "...BUT WHY HELP THEM? I LIKE THE GYM LIKE THIS!")

...B-B-Barbecue, that's what I'm talkin' about...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Partly made these clips to also track the origin of some of their one-upping bit moments, they always kill me. Considering doing one for Marked For Death

"Women LOVE tittyfucking, Hatcher. Nothing gets a girl off more than tittfucking and I would be HONORED, sir, if you would tittyfuck my daughter."

JethroMcB posted:

I was sad to hear Affleck was leaving the role, because I love this bit so much

"CLARK, COULD YOU SEND A MESSAGE TO CYBORG - 'FRUIT: BAD?' BECAUSE I JUST GOT SOME TROUBLING NEWS..."
Yes! It's my favorite bit of them all and was abandoned too quick :( Though it came back a little while for the Cyborg ep.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ACTION BOYZ DID YOU gently caress MY WIFE

I’M NOT MAD

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
There’s a moment in the cyborg episode where Rodgers says frito lay in a Van Damme voice and they all lose it, then gabrus audibly asks rhetorically why they all find it so funny and they don’t know why. I also lost it at that moment and it’s just really funny. They’re just guys hanging out. Also Rodgers is really good at impressions.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The last two premium episodes of Horny 4 Horror had the Action Boyz on as guests to talk about Nightbreed. It's good cross pollination of my two favorite movie podcasts, highly recommended for anyone with Stitcher premium.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
Horny 4 Horror ended abruptly a few weeks ago (...about a week after I started listening). Hope Betsy and Mano pull something together that isn’t just them eating Taco Bell, though I’ve listened to that several times before and I’ll do it again.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Production posted:

Horny 4 Horror ended abruptly a few weeks ago

Well, would ya look at that. I didn't follow them on social media so I was just wondering why they'd been dormant for longer than usual. That sucks and is really weird, but they left quite a back catalogue of episodes. I'll be keeping an eye out for what the former hosts get up to next.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

soggybagel posted:

Also Rodgers is really good at impressions.

Rodgers is as good at impressions as Gabrus is terrible at them.

It's actually kind of impressive how accurate and subtle Rodgers' and Stanger's Arnolds are.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's actually kind of impressive how accurate and subtle Rodgers' and Stanger's Arnolds are.

Gabrus said somewhere that doing impressions is a skill you're born with, so he's probably stuck in a fixed mindset about getting better. That or he can't fathom practicing talking

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
No I agree. I can’t do any impressions. It’s a thing that people are just good at. Now can you work at it? Yes. But I’ve tried a few times I’m just loving bad. Stangers Arnold is good. Rodgers and Stangers Van Damme is good. I really like Rodgers Trump too.

“There was no collusion between me and the alien queen! Bug hunt!!!”

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
That was a great ep of R U Talkin REM RE: Me?

I don't think I'll ever stop finding Scott & Scott's genuine enthusiasm and fanboyism charming and worth listening to.

I'd love for them to do a series about the Foo Fighters some day ~~~

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I love how Stanger and Rodgers can each have very different takes on an impression yet nail the specifics perfectly.

And yeah, Rodgers' Trump impression is scary good.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh my god the yoda riff run they went on recently.

“Just a Dream just a dream it is!”

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
My favorite Rodgers impression is Trump taking about John McCain - "he died, he's a loser!"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Alright I gave the Action Boyz $5 and listened to a couple episodes and goddammit now I have another patreon subscription to juggle

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Congratulations!

Now is the part where I mention that it's well worth the extra $3 to be a Shadow Wolf.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Also it sounds insane but start from the beginning. You miss out on a lot of inside jokes if you don’t.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

soggybagel posted:

Also it sounds insane but start from the beginning. You miss out on a lot of inside jokes if you don’t.

They go from "Stanger's bad IMDB trivia" to "reading movie posts by friendly mediterranean men on a sauna website" so smoothly, it's incredible

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I hopped on too and got some T2: Judgement Wings

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
My friend. My friend. That a club???

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I probably care more about the longterm health and survival of the Action Boyz podcast than I do for most of my friends and family

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Looks like they're finally shutting down the Howl website on the 30th

How am I supposed to get Pro Versions now, pay for Stitcher like some animal? (God I can't loving believe they never managed to fix that little loophole)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I believe that loophole still exists on the stitcher site as well.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's the same thing as when that guy in my high school put a password on his blog but the password was just listed in the HTML. Like, that guy was an idiot talking poo poo about theater nerds. These are multimillion dollar companies.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
RIP widow howl-app

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I just dropped $5 because of the thread's enthusiasm. Thanks for this tip, starting now!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

It's the same thing as when that guy in my high school put a password on his blog but the password was just listed in the HTML. Like, that guy was an idiot talking poo poo about theater nerds. These are multimillion dollar companies.

"Facebook now says millions of Instagram users’ passwords were accidentally stored in a readable format on its servers, not tens of thousands as it initially thought."

Facebook Says Instagram Password Breach Larger Than Initially Thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My subscription ran out about a month ago but it's still letting me listen to premium stuff idgi

I had originally subscribed through howl and not stitcher so maybe it's something to do with that