Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Elyv posted:

isn't she just a ghost period

Only a few days a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Kurieg posted:

..Huh...

This is a twist, i guess.

This is the best day!

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Elyv posted:

iirc she's a ghost who is an assassin that specializes in killing ghosts so ghost assassin works both ways

You sure she wasn’t behind the cancellation of a certain Starcraft spin-off???

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

Is it just me or are those cards actually good and worth playing?

Nah. The only one of those that even seems a little good is Guildpact Informant and even then it's just a worse Thrummingbird. Would have been nice if it had flash like Faeries are wont to have.

That it is a rogue is nice for Edric EDH decks, but at 3 CMC it's not very good.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Elyv posted:

isn't she just a ghost period

She's Danny Phantom

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Nibble posted:

Only a few days a month.

Booooooo

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

evilweasel posted:

the oath cycle is cringy as gently caress but the flavor text is always the loving worst

Am I the only one that thinks the Walkers are the worst characters in the stories, generally?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the Walkers are the worst characters in the stories, generally?

not really

i want more adventures of tiana thinking she was meant to be a battle angel and ending up being a ship mechanic

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The Jace is pretty lame, since the one - is a lot of loyalty for a small payoff for a 6-drop, and the ruse kinda drops with it. Informant is a bad Thrummingbird but you might want any Thrummingbird and this one is a faerie rogue for UB Fairy-related dreams. The Projection is like Chasm Skulker with higher p/t base for a higher cost and less relevant other ability, but Wizard Illusion is a lot more relevant than Squid Horror.
I dunno, I just feel like Jace and his Projection feed off each other really nicely, and you can go White/Blue for Ajani and Teferi to get a deck that's all about drawing cards and boosting dudes and then Jace sends them all at your opponent's face. Maybe it'll suck, but I want to build that.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I'm sure you're not literally the only one but you're definitely a minority in terms of people who actually engage with the story.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Nibble posted:

Only a few days a month.

:frogout:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Walkers suck because they don't have flavor text

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Framboise posted:

Nah. The only one of those that even seems a little good is Guildpact Informant and even then it's just a worse Thrummingbird. Would have been nice if it had flash like Faeries are wont to have.

That it is a rogue is nice for Edric EDH decks, but at 3 CMC it's not very good.

Also the thrummingbird already exists in this set at 1w

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Kurieg posted:

..Huh...

This is a twist, i guess.

This card is... Not Awful? Three mana lightning helix is pretty good and the passive is also fine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Framboise posted:

not really

i want more adventures of tiana thinking she was meant to be a battle angel and ending up being a ship mechanic

I bet she would dig the Parhelion II

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bioessence hydra seems like the Simic superweapon that they are unleashing on the eternals as the Boros deploy their flying fortress and the Selesnya rally around Vitu-Ghazi becoming a titanic treant.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

This card is... Not Awful? Three mana lightning helix is pretty good and the passive is also fine.

Nah. Oath of Kaya is fine in any B\W deck with walkers. It kills a thing, pads your life, and kinda needs an answer if the opponent plans to throw bodies at your PWs more then once. It’s just general good anti-Aggro for a SuperFriends deck that will generally want some protection against rushdown. It’s pretty dead against control unless you got something to do with the enchantment laying on the field so for some decks it’ll be more a sideboard then a main tho.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sampatrick posted:

Yeah, and its seems to be made for a superfriends-type deck as a sorcery-speed lightning helix that incidentally leaves behind a enchantment.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Andrast posted:

They have flavor cards tho

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

They have flavor cards tho

doesn't count

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Andrast posted:

I read this as "I really want to read more Jace flavor text."

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

resistentialism posted:

or possibly she's an assassin hired by ghosts

You're thinking of Ghost's Assassin.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Kaya is Bernie Sanders as a black woman wizard.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

resistentialism posted:

or possibly she's an assassin hired by ghosts

She's an assassin of ghosts, for ghosts, by ghosts

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retromancer posted:

I read this as "I really want to read more Jace flavor text."

Some other people talking about how lame Jace is would make Jace cards much better

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Oath of Vraska's flavour text is just going to be "For those luscious abs, I'll keep watch."

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Retromancer posted:

Yeah, her and her followers did help put Nicol Bolas in power, didn't they. That tracks.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Retromancer posted:

so I guess that makes the obzedat Hillary: decrepit, evasive, a relic of a bygone era, and now thankfully gone forever

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, her and her followers did help put Nicol Bolas in power, didn't they. That tracks.

Bolas is a lesser evil than the Obzedat.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kurieg posted:

Oath of Vraska's flavour text is just going to be "For those luscious abs, I'll keep watch."

"When I watch stuff it turns to loving stone! You're welcome."

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kurieg posted:

Is Jace supposed to be buff? I always assumed he was a scrawny wizard nerd who basically wears a hoodie all the time

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

MikeCrotch posted:

Is Jace supposed to be buff? I always assumed he was a scrawny wizard nerd who basically wears a hoodie all the time

He got buff being a castaway on Ixalan.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
As if Kaya couldn’t get any cooler she is also gay according to the novel.

Ral is also gay... and so is Nissa... and probably Chandra...

Tainen fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 16, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

He got buff being a castaway on Ixalan.

to elaborate, he had a short castaway arc where he had to robinson crusoe it up for a few weeks and ended up building a raft to go over to another island

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

This is like the most exaggerated thing in politics. Some of the voters who didn't get their candidate in the primary will vote for the opposing candidate basically always (see: Hillary voters in '08 and Kasich/Rubio voters in '16).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

This is like the most exaggerated thing in politics. Some of the voters who didn't get their candidate in the primary will vote for the opposing candidate basically always (see: Hillary voters in '08 and Kasich/Rubio voters in '16).

It was really hosed up when Nicol Bolas became the american president in 2016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So is there any reliable non-green mana fixing for limited? I still have no idea what the deck archetypes are gonna be

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
mods rename c-spam to the Azzzorius Senate

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CapnAndy posted:

hahaha this seems like a cool hill to die on in the MTG thread on these SA forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is there any reliable non-green mana fixing for limited? I still have no idea what the deck archetypes are gonna be

So far, the only thing I've seen is that 4 mana artifact that etb tapped and taps for two mana of any color. I really wonder if the new Niv will be at all playable in limited.