Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Caught the new TJPW live. I'm looking forward to Shoko's match at TJPW's Korakuen show. Her style is so quick, it's always fun to watch. I don't follow Shine, what's the short list on who will challenge to take their belt back? Checking their twitter they seem to be putting Mercedes Martinez forward and that'd be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

Caught the new TJPW live. I'm looking forward to Shoko's match at TJPW's Korakuen show. Her style is so quick, it's always fun to watch. I don't follow Shine, what's the short list on who will challenge to take their belt back? Checking their twitter they seem to be putting Mercedes Martinez forward and that'd be rad.

I assume Thunder Rosa might challenge given that she'll be over anyway but that could easily be a successful defence for Miyu.

Feel like Shoko's the best possible choice to take the belt unless they want to extend Miyu's reign to Ultimate Party. She's popular, she's a great wrestler and she's never held the belt. That's pretty much everything you'd ask for in somebody to end a legendary reign. (though I guess Kenny checked all three boxes and his reign was pretty meh until the match he lost it so what do I know)

Also in Stardom Oedo Tai lost the match vs. dance mask so their dance is no more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Faction members after the draft:

STARS: Starlight Kid, Arisa Hoshiki, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima, Hanan, Xia Brookside and Saya Iida

Queen's Quest: AZM, Utami Hayashishita, Bea Priestley, Viper, Chardonnay, Leo Onozaki and Hina

Oedo Tai: Hazuki, Andras Miyagi, Natsuko Tora, Jamie Hayter, Martina and Natsu Sumire

Hana's group: Jungle Kyona, Konami, Mary Apache, Natsumi, Rebel Kel, Bobbi Tyler, Ruaka, Rina and Kaori Yoneyama

So Konami's on Hana's team, JAN doesn't exist, and Oedo Tai can't dance

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 14, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Throwing my whole hearted support behind Neo Kimura-gun. The core four of Hana, Konami, Jungle and Yoneyama is pretty untouchable.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeeeeeah someone new for Kagetsu to corrupt!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Throwing my whole hearted support behind Neo Kimura-gun. The core four of Hana, Konami, Jungle and Yoneyama is pretty untouchable.

Yeah, that's a pretty loving fearsome foursome. I'm bummed about losing JAN especially since it means Kyona is just a part of a group instead of leading one, which makes me worried that she'll be even more overlooked in title pictures than she already is.

Was the draft done as part of the show or does that happen off-screen? Looking forward to seeing the show from today and how all of this unfolds.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 14, 2019

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's part of the show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You better be supporting Kimura-gun

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hana Kimura is...good. Why are we supposed to boo her again? She even kept Hina and Ruaka together as they feared they would be separated. If anyone should be booed, it should be Mayu as she took Hanan away from her sisters.

Mayu is a homewrecker. :mad:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hina and rina were separated. what makes you think youre supposed to boo hana

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yes, Hina and Rina are the twins. I don't think Ruaka is related to them/Hanan.

By the way I forgot to mention it yesterday but Syuri came back to OZ Academy to help Hikaru Shida fend off Mayumi Ozaki and POLICE in the main event, so I wonder if she's leaving UFC to come back to pro wrestling and angling to join Shida in AEW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching the faction draft now and this thing is so much more fun than any WWE draft has been.

Poor Natsu :(

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I can't morally support any group that doesn't pick Natsu high. Everyone is a heel now.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes, Hina and Rina are the twins. I don't think Ruaka is related to them/Hanan.

By the way I forgot to mention it yesterday but Syuri came back to OZ Academy to help Hikaru Shida fend off Mayumi Ozaki and POLICE in the main event, so I wonder if she's leaving UFC to come back to pro wrestling and angling to join Shida in AEW.

Syuri has a fight scheduled in June but after that one can only imagine where she chooses to go.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenta Kobashi good. Can't imagine the politicking leading up to this one. Probably the most predictable time limit draw in history but should be a good one nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1118148917609336835?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenta vs Meiko? Am I reading that right?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

coconono posted:

Kenta vs Meiko? Am I reading that right?

No, Meiko vs Nanae Takahashi. Fortune Dream is Kenta Kobashi's produce show series. Takahashi was, among a huge list of other major things, one of the founders of Stardom and current founder of Seadlinnng or however it gets styled.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 16, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kenta Kobashi good. Can't imagine the politicking leading up to this one. Probably the most predictable time limit draw in history but should be a good one nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1118148917609336835?s=19

This seems like as good a time to ask as any.

How in the name of gently caress are you meant to pronounce SEAdLINNNG anyway? I've seen it written about and always wondered about that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Like "Seedling/SeadRing" it's supposed to be a play on the L/R sounds because Nanae is "plating the seeds to the future" and uh...They wrestling in a ring I guess. No idea why there's three N's. I don't think anyone really knows beyond the pun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

Like "Seedling/SeadRing" it's supposed to be a play on the L/R sounds because Nanae is "plating the seeds to the future" and uh...They wrestling in a ring I guess. No idea why there's three N's. I don't think anyone really knows beyond the pun

OK, that's what I suspected but the extra N & the lowercase d totally threw me off, thanks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

There is also a sea based pun in there because the top title is the Beyond the Sea.

forkboy84 posted:

OK, that's what I suspected but the extra N & the lowercase d totally threw me off, thanks.

The lower case d stands for 'dreams' and led to the promotions unintentionally(?) hilarious slogan "let's get d!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There is also a sea based pun in there because the top title is the Beyond the Sea.

The lower case d stands for 'dreams' and led to the promotions unintentionally(?) hilarious slogan "let's get d!"

Look, sex positivity is important, and if the ladies want to bang rats just like the guys, then I'm glad we're being open and honest about it.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Does anyone know of a way to hide the progress bar at the bottom of Stardom's videos? You lose 5% of the screen behind a permanent control bar at the bottom that spoils when a match is about to end. Grrr, this new site is just poo poo IMO.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
2019 Cinderella Tournament Bracket, looking to be an awesome event.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Unfortunately Monday is the one day of the ten day break that I'm otherwise engaged so I'll miss the Cinderella tournament. Got my ticket for TJPW's 5.3 show to watch the big Kaiju dethrone the Megachamp and Maki Ito destroy Aja Kong though.

Also Meltzer is reporting that the decision for Oedo Tai to lose their dance was from Kagetsu herself.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That is not terribly surprising honestly. I got the feeling that the only members who were super into the dance were Hana and Kris and without them the rest seemed to mostly be phoning it in.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Martina was the best dancer :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave reported in the newsletter that any NXT UK talent is allowed to work in Stardom, and he thinks its the beginning of a relationship/partnership.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just in case losing the Oedo Tai dance wasn't enough, Maki Ito is changing her entrance theme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strokavich posted:

2019 Cinderella Tournament Bracket, looking to be an awesome event.

no ROH gaijin, wild.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stardom uses more aew and wwe talent than roh even though roh ostensibly has the relationship

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just in case losing the Oedo Tai dance wasn't enough, Maki Ito is changing her entrance theme.

The biggest tragedy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave reported in the newsletter that any NXT UK talent is allowed to work in Stardom, and he thinks its the beginning of a relationship/partnership.

STARDOM has always been fine with WWE. Weren't passive aggressive about Io and Kairi leaving. Rossy has always been supportive. STARDOM has always allowed touring gaijin to do WWE TV work our tryouts mid-tour or to delay their STARDOM start date for an opportunity.

Rossy has been photo backstage at WWE/NXT events and with WWE/NXT merch on display in his office.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

STARDOM has always been fine with WWE. Weren't passive aggressive about Io and Kairi leaving. Rossy has always been supportive. STARDOM has always allowed touring gaijin to do WWE TV work our tryouts mid-tour or to delay their STARDOM start date for an opportunity.

Rossy has been photo backstage at WWE/NXT events and with WWE/NXT merch on display in his office.
The guy who runs the STARDOM English account is/was definitely passive aggressive. Don't know if they're still there because I blocked the account but dude was DDS lite

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sonny is still a passive-aggressive dickhead, yeah.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

The guy who runs the STARDOM English account is/was definitely passive aggressive. Don't know if they're still there because I blocked the account but dude was DDS lite

Sonny turned over a new leaf about 2 years ago.

Bafflingly pretended he was fired and replaced. Only to post as himself again. Was at the Wrestlemania show this month. Weird high strung dude.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Bafflingly pretended he was fired and replaced. Only to post as himself again. Was at the Wrestlemania show this month. Weird high strung dude.
Haven't kept up but I'd unironically compare him to someone like Fray Movement somehow taking over the WWE twitter accounts and arguing with every single person who said something negative. Dude was denying Kairi being signed till the day she was on TV.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert posted:

that owns.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone with a high level of investment in a small niche of a small subculture is weird? You don't say :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Someone with a high level of investment in a small niche of a small subculture is weird? You don't say :monocle:

It's easy to forget that with all the normal well rounded people on this subforum.

Anyway Command Bolshoi retired today. She was clearly very well liked as Korakuen Hall reeked of flowers.

Also Hana Kimura's faction is now the TOKYO CYBER SQUAD