Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Is there a good place online to get a decent mousepad with a custom printed image and a wrist support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

DizzyBum posted:

Is there a good place online to get a decent mousepad with a custom printed image and a wrist support?

we all know what you want

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

dont you mean

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

If you have an existing injury and you've been recommended something by a doctor ignore me.

Resting your wrist on your mouse pad is bad for your wrist. Resting your wrist on your wrist support is ... not as bad, but still not good.

Mostly, use your arm to move your mouse, and your fingers for small motions. Your wrist should stay at just about the same angle, and not be on the pad or table.

edit: https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/wrist.html

Apparently wrist rests can help your neck and shoulders! I didn't know.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 16, 2019

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

My desk with its keyboard tray doesn't leave much room for a mouse after a full size keyboard, so I have a bad habit of using my wrist for everything. I don't really notice any strain, but I imagine it's not great in the long run. At some point I plan to replace the desk and try to get used to a much lower dpi; my mouse is currently sensitive enough to go between three screens without picking it up. :v:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Appoda posted:

My desk with its keyboard tray doesn't leave much room for a mouse after a full size keyboard, so I have a bad habit of using my wrist for everything. I don't really notice any strain, but I imagine it's not great in the long run. At some point I plan to replace the desk and try to get used to a much lower dpi; my mouse is currently sensitive enough to go between three screens without picking it up. :v:

This is a pain in the rear end to try to switch from. Not that I know from personal experience or anything... :ninja:

Grab an Allsop Wrist Assist if you can; it should help. Available at Walmart.com and Amazon if you're in the US.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

*Ahem*

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01OrGAGNmU

NSFW? I'll fix it if asked.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anime titty experts coming out of the woodwork ITT

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Are you implying that the venn diagram of $100 mouse enthusiasts and anime tiddy enthusiasts isn't just a circle

astral posted:

This is a pain in the rear end to try to switch from. Not that I know from personal experience or anything... :ninja:

Grab an Allsop Wrist Assist if you can; it should help. Available at Walmart.com and Amazon if you're in the US.

Thanks, I'll give that a look!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:yikes:

kaschei posted:

If you have an existing injury and you've been recommended something by a doctor ignore me.

Resting your wrist on your mouse pad is bad for your wrist. Resting your wrist on your wrist support is ... not as bad, but still not good.

Mostly, use your arm to move your mouse, and your fingers for small motions. Your wrist should stay at just about the same angle, and not be on the pad or table.

edit: https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/wrist.html

Apparently wrist rests can help your neck and shoulders! I didn't know.

Thanks for the actual advice! No doctor's recommendations, I just need a mouse pad for my wife's new computer setup.

I guess I'll just go to Vistaprint and have one printed. Just need her to pick a picture. Unfortunately, she's not an anime tiddy enthusiast.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Anyone have experience with Corsair HyperX mice? I found one named the HyperX Pulsefire FPS Pro that looks like it has a similar form factor to the Razer Deathadder + Asus ROG Gladius. It uses the Pixart 3389 sensor.

Amazon Warehouse also has a bunch of cheap ones which are eligible for the extra-20% off sale going on right now, works out to roughly $25 or less: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07FLP9391/?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

edit: Ordered one of the used-like new for $25.39 after discount and taxes; will report back when I eventually receive/test it.

edit 2: HyperX Pulsefire FPS Pro trip report: The software is lacking; the lighting is only one zone (scroll wheel + logo) which is less than ideal, but I could've dealt with that if you could dim the lights somehow, which you can't configure - though the mouse seems perfectly capable of it since it fades the lights in/out when you change DPI settings. Perhaps a later software version will address this.

astral fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 26, 2019

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Impulse purchased a G Pro Wireless on discount earlier this week. Just got to play with it tonight.

Holy gently caress.

This is an incredible mouse, it's truly everything I'd hoped for. This is my first wireless and it feels so drat smooth. I legitimately can't think of an improvement to it beyond the incremental battery life upgrades.

This is my first enthusiast mouse but I know I'm totally spoilt.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nam Taf posted:

Impulse purchased a G Pro Wireless on discount earlier this week. Just got to play with it tonight.

Holy gently caress.

This is an incredible mouse, it's truly everything I'd hoped for. This is my first wireless and it feels so drat smooth. I legitimately can't think of an improvement to it beyond the incremental battery life upgrades.

the wireless charging pad is next. never have to charge it again

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I would get a G Pro Wireless but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a mouse that Logitech will offer a "upgraded" version of less than a year later.

But if Logitech makes a wireless MX518 with a freescroll wheel for $150... :shepspends:

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Nam Taf posted:

Holy gently caress.

I just got one too, it's fantastic, I just wish it had four buttons on the side instead of two.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Listerine posted:

I just got one too, it's fantastic, I just wish it had four buttons on the side instead of two.

I thought it was configurable like the G903? :confused:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Well I decided to have both my G305 and G MX518 on my desk and after a lot of cussing and swearing at Logitech's G Hub software I got them configured the way I want.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Atomizer posted:

I thought it was configurable like the G903? :confused:

I'd like four buttons on ONE side. There are four you can use in total, 2 per side, but I can't use the other two- my grip doesn't allow for it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Listerine posted:

I'd like four buttons on ONE side. There are four you can use in total, 2 per side, but I can't use the other two- my grip doesn't allow for it.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I'm guessing the G Pro doesn't have more buttons on the side because the ~Pros~ wouldn't want to accidentally hit them in the heat of battle, (which is also why the DPI switch is located on the underside, and we already had a discussion about that in this thread. :rolleyes:)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

While mice will do what mice are meant for(click all the things) some feel more optimized for fps/rts and others more for things like mmo's where you have a ton of keybinds. G Pro Wireless feels like an fps mouse more than anything.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I feel like an idiot. I thought I was just real bad at video games and stuff because I'm in my thirties, work a lot instead of being in school, etc, but it turned out for the past few years I was using the front usb for my mouse and the xornet II has some bad click delay vs other mice.

I picked up a g203 and plugged it in the back port and I'm averaging 154-158ms on human benchmark. With Xornet II in the front port I was averaging ~185ms with frequent 220ms outliers.

I'm still bad at games with only 1-4 hours per week to play, but I can point and click at things better.

I wish logitech made a wider version of the g203/g pro/g100s design. I have 19cm long /12.7cm wide hands and most mice are too narrow. I can cheat with mice like the mx518 and put my ring finger pretty much touching the mousepad, but the mx518 is too bulky and awkward in other ways. Really like the small + short mice just wish they all had more width. Heck, g203 could stand to be a little shorter and drop 10g or so of weight. Although I have to hold it pretty far toward the back for my ring finger to make contact with the side of the mouse.

Debating finding a way to artificially make it a bit wider. Like some grip tape. Even something like 1/2cm wider would be a godsend for me.

Mindblast posted:

While mice will do what mice are meant for(click all the things) some feel more optimized for fps/rts and others more for things like mmo's where you have a ton of keybinds. G Pro Wireless feels like an fps mouse more than anything.
In MMOs I prefer to use a keyboard. I'll never understand excessive mouse keys. Even m5 is difficult to use, m3 borders unusable in games but is great for productivity, and m4/mwheel are okay but only if you don't have to aim while using them.

I'd split mice into comfort vs competitive personally. Certain designs are great for desktop use but less than ideal for games. Most MMOs lean toward comfort, but it probably depends on role and the MMO.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 23, 2019

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Khorne posted:

In MMOs I prefer to use a keyboard. I'll never understand excessive mouse keys. Even m5 is difficult to use, m3 borders unusable in games but is great for productivity, and m4/mwheel are okay but only if you don't have to aim while using them.

MMO mice are so you can play one handed while chain smoking with the other. :v:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also once resigned myself to always being worse than teenagers and their young man reaction times, but I managed to close the gap with money. Lots of money.

I wont be as good as a professional player with a top end KB+M and high refresh monitor, but I absolutely trash the ones with a heavy mouse, membrane KB and 60z monitors all day.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

there doesn't happen to be a thumb trackball mouse with free scroll, right?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I picked up a Powerplay mat to go with the G Pro Wireless, the mouse is listed as connected in Logitech G Hub, and I can use the mouse just fine, but the G logo on the Powerplay control box keeps flashing blue and the mouse does not charge. I've followed all the steps in the online FAQ, updated the Firmware, made sure that I swapped out the receiver correctly and the original wireless cord has been removed.

Anyone have the G pro wireless and get it to work with a Powerplay mat?

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Listerine posted:

I picked up a Powerplay mat to go with the G Pro Wireless, the mouse is listed as connected in Logitech G Hub, and I can use the mouse just fine, but the G logo on the Powerplay control box keeps flashing blue and the mouse does not charge. I've followed all the steps in the online FAQ, updated the Firmware, made sure that I swapped out the receiver correctly and the original wireless cord has been removed.

The only thing that isn't working is just the RGB bit? I have a Powerplay mat and a 903.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

The Electronaut posted:

The only thing that isn't working is just the RGB bit? I have a Powerplay mat and a 903.

The slowly flashing blue G logo is an error message, that the Powerplay control box is not synced with the Powercore module. The receiver is working insofar as the mouse works- I'm using it now- but the charging does not work.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Listerine posted:

The slowly flashing blue G logo is an error message, that the Powerplay control box is not synced with the Powercore module. The receiver is working insofar as the mouse works- I'm using it now- but the charging does not work.

Did you put the wireless charging puck in the mouse?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
For anyone who went from a heavier mouse to the G Pro, what tweaks if any did you make to your DPI/sens? Seems logical that I should lower things since it's easier to move the mouse around.

Also what do people recommend for feet if any at all? Also seen people using grips.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KingKapalone posted:

For anyone who went from a heavier mouse to the G Pro, what tweaks if any did you make to your DPI/sens? Seems logical that I should lower things since it's easier to move the mouse around.

Also what do people recommend for feet if any at all? Also seen people using grips.
The vast majority of professional players dont use grips or change the feet for the g pro. For mice that have known lovely feet with a long break-in like finalmouse, sure maybe

I think a lot of that stuff is trying to find excuses for why they arent good rather than trying to improve. Are the feet sliding well? Then dont replace them. Are you able to comfortably hold it? then dont add grips.

Hyperglide feet and lizardskins grips are the popular pick for everything

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Fauxtool posted:

Did you put the wireless charging puck in the mouse?

Yep.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

I also once resigned myself to always being worse than teenagers and their young man reaction times, but I managed to close the gap with money. Lots of money.

I wont be as good as a professional player with a top end KB+M and high refresh monitor, but I absolutely trash the ones with a heavy mouse, membrane KB and 60z monitors all day.

Same

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Are you using the on device memory stored profiles? Those are always the root of my issues with strange mouse problems

ActionExpress
Dec 28, 2002
Found a sealed G Pro Wireless for $80 on Offer Up so I decided to take the plunge. Coming from a G502 it's a nice weight difference which I can tell is helping on longer gaming sessions. Sometimes felt like I had a cord on my mouse for about a week, Phantom Limb? Thanks to everyone here who hyped it up, so far its been a winner.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActionExpress posted:

Found a sealed G Pro Wireless for $80 on Offer Up so I decided to take the plunge. Coming from a G502 it's a nice weight difference which I can tell is helping on longer gaming sessions. Sometimes felt like I had a cord on my mouse for about a week, Phantom Limb? Thanks to everyone here who hyped it up, so far its been a winner.

get a nice mousepad if you dont already have one, its an even bigger improvement. The larger than normal feet really benefit from a high quality tight weave or hard surface

SPEND MORE
CONSUME

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 26, 2019

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Listerine posted:

Yes, I use a PRO Wireless with a POWERPLAY every day both in the office and at home.

You're correct that the G logo flashing blue is the indication that it's in pairing mode. It's not indicative of a failure to pair with the charging circuitry. The microcontroller that handles the G logo doesn't know anything about the charging circuitry. The white light on the front of the control box is the only indicator of whether it's charging or not.

I'm going to ask a couple silly questions because I haven't done tech support in over 20 years and I've got a bad imagination and ability to infer things now.

You indicate the receiver is working - does that mean the receiver that came with the mouse is not plugged in, and you're working wirelessly through POWERPLAY?
When you say the mouse doesn't charge, does that mean the software reports it static at a value forever, or do you not see the white charging indicator light coming on?
When you put the POWERCORE module on the mat on its own (not inside the mouse), does the white light come on at all? (should be bright briefly, then dim)

We can also take this to PMs if you'd like, but I figured it may be helpful to others in the future so might as well do it in the thread.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Goo posted:

You indicate the receiver is working - does that mean the receiver that came with the mouse is not plugged in, and you're working wirelessly through POWERPLAY?

Yes. When I got the Powerplay, I took the receiver that came with the mouse and put it in the Powerplay box, put it in the closet. Absolutely am not using the wireless receiver that came with the mouse.

Goo posted:

When you say the mouse doesn't charge, does that mean the software reports it static at a value forever, or do you not see the white charging indicator light coming on?

The software still reflects the current charge of the mouse. So the value drops over time as I use the mouse. If you mean the white charging indicator on the Powerplay control box on the mat itself, no, I do not see it go on; I haven't seen the white LED on the mat turn on once. If you mean something in the display of the software, then you'd have to be more specific- I'm attaching a screenshot of the software, the mouse is currently at 100% because Logitech support wanted me to check that the mouse could recharge when plugged into the cable directly. The battery icon in the screenshot will change to the charging icon when I plug the mouse in and it is recharging.

Goo posted:

When you put the POWERCORE module on the mat on its own (not inside the mouse), does the white light come on at all? (should be bright briefly, then dim)

Nobody has asked me to do that before, but I just did, and the white LED on the mat does not come on at all. Not even a brief flash.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I've never really noticed a big difference in quality when it comes to mouse pads, from cheapo print-whatevers to ~gaming~ mouse pads. Is it down to enhancing already high-quality mice or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Appoda posted:

I've never really noticed a big difference in quality when it comes to mouse pads, from cheapo print-whatevers to ~gaming~ mouse pads. Is it down to enhancing already high-quality mice or am I missing something?

Well there are differences in materials (e.g. fabric vs hard plastic or even metal,) thickness (which may or may not be an issue for your setup,) and size (from like 4x6" portable to full 1x4' or whatever to go under both your mouse and keyboard.) On top of that there are RGB and wireless charging options. So a "gaming" mousepad isn't necessarily "better," but there are definitely options to consider.