Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Sriracha is as far from royal as you can get, while mace is as close to royalty as a condiment can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Hunger is the greatest spice. An order of monks goes months or even years between meals making every meal they eat an incomparable experience.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Happy Underpants posted:

Hunger is the greatest spice. An order of monks goes months or even years between meals making every meal they eat an incomparable experience.

Isn't that just poverty though?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
glad to see that rich people doing poor people things for air quotes enrichment is a universal constant

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The effortless path to Royalty requires severing yourself from all Want, which is indistinguishable from poverty.

And Maya seems to be along for the ride just to see Allison kill Incubus.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
New ones up! Come get some side eyes kids

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I feel like Maya would be into Beat Saber, especially playing drunkenly with her actual sword. Her favorite song? Rum & Bass, naturally.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

With every sentence she says, Maya is seeming less and less cool and more and more like just another disastrous gently caress-up. Which seems to be a running theme in this comic. (This is not a bad thing.)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

With every sentence she says, Maya is seeming less and less cool and more and more like just another disastrous gently caress-up. Which seems to be a running theme in this comic. (This is not a bad thing.)

Being a disastrous gently caress-up is like a prereq for being a beggar monk, you don't choose that poo poo.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guildenstern Mother posted:

New ones up! Come get some side eyes kids

Yeah this clarifies things.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
royalty is knowing that sometimes, sriracha is the right move

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

So, did Incubus turn Meti into dogfood post-key? If Maya is actually out for vengeance she could probably have just owned him while still on the throne, but if she abdicated in favor of Incubus he probably wasn't on her murderlist yet.

If so, Inky went back and clowned on his master only when he had completely stacked the deck against her, instead of beating her in a supposedly even sword fight. It's not quite poisoning fish heads but still. Not a good look.

Rhaka fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 17, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am guessing she doesn't just want to kill Incubus. Her name is "Kill the Gods and Topple Their Thrones". Sounds like she might be gunning to eliminate all of them, if the direction this anecdote is going is any indication.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think meti was long dead by the time incubus picked up mayas key

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna turn out that meti wasn't killed, but instead died of natural causes

It was a month before anyone noticed. You would think the smell would have been a give away but honestly no one could tell the difference.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dogs are pretty natural

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

If I recall correctly from like 2 books ago, (spoilers I guess?) Jagganoth found Zaid, and then brought him to the council of the seven.

....Why would he do that? Why would he willingly give such a thing over?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pacra posted:

If I recall correctly from like 2 books ago, (spoilers I guess?) Jagganoth found Zaid, and then brought him to the council of the seven.

Jagganoth has other priorities than their power plays with each other.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pacra posted:

Because it meant the real heir would be pointed at his rivals, not him.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New comic!
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-6-56/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Maya Team Canada

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Also how the hell is probably Monkey there possibly going to be able to draw that giant assed sword?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

Also how the hell is probably Monkey there possibly going to be able to draw that giant assed sword?

Swiftly

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Bilirubin posted:

You don't actually need to draw your sword to Cut. :getin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like at that point you detach the scabbard and just whip it into somebodys face w the first swing

or maybe the best thing would be for the entire sword + scabbard to be a cleverly disguised stick and you just whack people with it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

the sanctioned action is clobberin' time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe Monkey is one of those anime weirdos who dual wields the sword and scabbard at the same time?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that makes it really logistically difficult again tho

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pacra posted:

He didn't know who Zaid was, he just found a bunch of Thorn Knights carrying a human from mottom's territory through his. He offed them and brought Zaid to council to ask what the gently caress, and then Jadis told them all he was the successor.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Somebody went way too long without getting changed

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Have you all forgotten that magic scabbards are an established fact in this setting.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 17, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Have you all forgotten that magic scabbards are an established fact in this setting.

I still love the abacus/cleaver. :allears:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that they're all obviously Fist of the North Star style mooks

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't even notice that!

And now I've suddenly remembered the existence of this 90s 3d animation called Xcalibur I used to watch (I don't remember if it was good but it did have a magic scabbard that looked like that)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Ahhh I had missed the flamethrower the first time round

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
I've accidentally unbookmarked this thread and wondered why no one was talking about the updates. Missed some good discussion here :golfclap:

To the one person who wondered if Maya was praying to a statue of Meti, abbadon answered that one:

I like the idea of Maya visiting a statue of Aesma, because she's gonna figure out that Allison is in fact a furious dumbass and they're gonna get along like a house on fire. The training montage will only be interrupted when Inky shows up and gets humiliated.

e: fixed the pic, and spelling, jesus i'm terrible.

Draadnagel fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 17, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Maya is probably praying for strength of purpose. She doesn't wish her greed for power to distract her. Aesma is a good god for that.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"No gently caress you Steve if I wanna put a huge bell over the well I'm gonna do it it's mystical region stuff you wouldn't get it anyway"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

the sanctioned action is clobberin' time.

Ben Grimm is the closest to Royalty among the Fantastic Four but I've been out of marvel comics to know who the most Royal in that whole universe is.