Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
They've got top men working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It is entirely possible that Smitty's power is predictive enough that it knew Loup would want those items, and that Loup having them would be more of a Bad Thing than Loup having a tantrum about them, so fate conspired...

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hmm Smitty’s power hiding the stuff could also provide a good reason why Smitty can’t just use his power to find it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Has Smitty "used" his power before? I only remember instances where things just conveniently happened around him, even if it was just making him stand around while Parley and Jeanne duked it out.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Has Smitty "used" his power before? I only remember instances where things just conveniently happened around him, even if it was just making him stand around while Parley and Jeanne duked it out.
The closest thing to that would be when it was first introduced to us, where he threw a deck of cards over his head, the cards landing in a neat pile behind him, ordered by suit.

He's also pretty good at saying "BAM!" just when Parley's about to teleport next to him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

This feels like a not real answer because they're not sure if they can trust everyone

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He can influence events, like trying to protect Parley from Jeanne during the duel, but it can have monkey-paw consequences, like how protecting her caused Jeanne to target him with her secret knife instead. He once explained that while he probably could get Parley to teleport to him before she was scheduled to come back, he couldn't control the reason why, so it might make something bad happen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There was that time Annie asked him to throw the blinker stone over the cliff in front of the school because she couldn't get a good angle. He did so by just chucking it, and it hit a bird, and fell straight down into the ravine where they wanted it to land. Lucky for him, maybe not for the bird.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like the idea that perhaps they are not giving the Annie's the full story. However I fear that Smitty's power is one of those that is just too powerful to write consistently but we'll see.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Scaramouche posted:

This feels like a not real answer because they're not sure if they can trust everyone

It's sorta like the opposite of when Tony came back: her trust in him was kinda shattered, but her friends tried to be as supportive as possible. Now Tony is Trying To Be Good Dad To The One Daughter, but at the same time their friends are rightfully super paranoid and suspicious of them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't think Smitty is lying, although he might not be correct in what he's saying. He didn't have the bone and water, he just knows the place they were supposed to be stored got attacked. It's possible the court moved them before hand or managed to get them out after and now they're being kept somewhere else, but I doubt Smitty would have been told that. He's not exactly in the upper ranks of the court, he's just a handsome dude who's good at keeping things organized.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

EmmyOk posted:

I like the idea that perhaps they are not giving the Annie's the full story. However I fear that Smitty's power is one of those that is just too powerful to write consistently but we'll see.

That's entirely likely, and I guarantee the court isn't giving any of these people the full story either. I bet someone knows exactly where Coyote's gifts are and they're locked up real tight.

This is all going to get even uglier one way or another.

As an aside, put me down for "there's just two Annies now forever" they cracked me up this chapter. It's far from the weirdest thing that's ever happened to her.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 11, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw Rey.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well. I mean I imagine it wasn’t much of a fight. And Rey can’t do the instant posses/murder trick anymore, so it’s understandable he’d bow out.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Cvet is just here to kick rear end.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Drunk Theory posted:

Well. I mean I imagine it wasn’t much of a fight. And Rey can’t do the instant posses/murder trick anymore, so it’s understandable he’d bow out.

well supposedly renard bested sivo in combat before he actually possessed him.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New best friends forever!

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
ahh gently caress out of all the heart melting moments in this comic i think this page has killed me the worst.

renard is a good boy.

A big flaming stink posted:

i'm not arguing but wasn't he in a human body at the time? i guess he could have switched for fighting or something...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A big flaming stink posted:

No he possessed him, but Sivo was aware of what was going on and was on his guard so that makes it OK under Forest rules. He possessed Daniel under the guise of a friend which is a dick move by everyone's standards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He just says he bested him. Can Reynard possess anything or just weaker things or things he beat up?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Anything with eyes. Renard just followed the rules of nature and ran with his life on the line: survival of the fittest.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Iceclaw posted:

Anything with eyes. Renard just followed the rules of nature and ran with his life on the line: survival of the fittest.

For a while (NO CHOICE), gotta follow the laws of the wild.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Given how Eaglemore can save Annie from posession, I'd wager that Renards eye trick takes some time to either charge up or actually hit, meaning that he couldn't just swap bodies mid battle. He had to immobilize Sivo before getting into his body.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 12, 2019

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Gunnekrigg has gone from Little Orphan Antimony to Unexpected Father to Unexpected Twin Sibling Too in hilarious fashion

orphanhood is tactically useful in a bildung storytelling way, I suppose, but this is the only plot I've ever seen that has managed to accumulate more family members without the problem of having a completely foreign character to the plot. After all, New Annie has all of the reader's experiences of Annie's POV.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Digging Forest Annie's new outfit.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
If dual Annies aren't doing the weird twin simultaneous speech a la the Shining and Us, they're not living their best lives.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Forest Annie is like a feral child, unaware of the wonders technology has to offer.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Forest Annie is like a feral child, unaware of the wonders technology has to offer.

and she cheats at math

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I beg your pardon it's maths where she comes from.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That makes no sense, there's only one math. Where do they get more maths?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

By using addition.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the art of division

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
One Annie with Rey. One Annie with Kat.

Yes. Good. Efficient distribution of Annies per square foot.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Foolish american, only studying one mathematic

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sporty Annie and... Girly Annie? City Annie? Help me out here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

algebra, arithmetic, calculus, geometry, probability...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Kyte posted:

Sporty Annie and... Girly Annie? City Annie? Help me out here.

Posh Annie.

Just three more Annies and you have a Spice Girls tribute group.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
piqu-annies

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ronya posted:

Gunnekrigg has gone from Little Orphan Antimony to Unexpected Father to Unexpected Twin Sibling Too in hilarious fashion

orphanhood is tactically useful in a bildung storytelling way, I suppose, but this is the only plot I've ever seen that has managed to accumulate more family members without the problem of having a completely foreign character to the plot. After all, New Annie has all of the reader's experiences of Annie's POV.

The addition of her father works because we never thought he was dead, and he was still part of the story before he unexpectedly showed up in person. But yeah, it is kind of strange how well Suddenly Twins manages to leverage the reader's history with Annie.

Also, Annie's new outfit is dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It's gonna be real sad when one of them remembers they're actually a goose bone and also Coyote.