Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's Hellshake Yano.

Only One Punch Man Murata instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
OK, so the anime is no good. Can we talk about the latest chapters? Because those were AWESOME!!!!! Naturally, I was excited about the cat monster, but also, the increase in pace was super exciting. Like, I have actually kind of enjoyed putting some perspective on who the S-class heroes are and what they can do, but let's be honest, it was SLOW. And then...
KABOOM! poo poo happens! Cool poo poo! Fast poo poo! More Saitama! Especially the scene with the dog god. That was a drat good scene.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I've literally never read a single bit of the webcomic aside from what other people have posted in an intentional effort to shitpost in some fashion, but have thus been spoiled on a few things by those efforts nonetheless. That said...I hope Saitama somehow winds up with a cat, to go with his dog.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Read the webcomic op

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I am SO excited to watch this arc play out having read the web comic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm really curious where Season 2 is going to end at. There's no way they get to the end of this arc(there's still quite a bit to go even if Murata doesn't add anything) so I guess at Elder Centipede's death? That'd set up Garou and the villain alliance for Season 3. And even if this season is trash I doubt we won't get Season 3 with how popular OPM seems to be.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When is the next ep?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Maybe they cancelled it out of shame.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Waltzing Along posted:

When is the next ep?
every tuesday, nerd

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TenementFunster posted:

every tuesday, nerd

Thanks.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mmm, no good. All the fancy animation is saved for Genos, but nothing he does looks anywhere near as good as his fights in S1.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also I gotta say, Genos doesn't look pretty at all!

The weird muddy texture they gave his arms (and also every other metal like Sonic's armor) looks real bad.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
the saitama vs fubuki fight is straight up terrible

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This adaptation is joyless busywork

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Hace posted:

the saitama vs fubuki fight is straight up terrible
it had its moments

OH YEH!

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
What is this poo poo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Onepunch-Man - The new episode has descended, straight to loving trashbin

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
It baffles me that there are so many objects sliding across the frame and so many pans across still shots, but also, at the same time, there are really lazy editing gaffs that cut off a scene early when it SHOULD linger on a still frame.

Also, I think they fixed a continuity thing in the manga, where Fubuki's necklace vanishes halfway into the fight.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

it had its moments

OH YEH!

Fubuki titty literally the only good looking thing in this shitshow

Sasuga JC Staff

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Maybe the Blurays will look good? :unsmith:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Maybe the Blurays will look good? :unsmith:

Blu-rays are good for touchups but if the thing is a loving slideshow I don’t see a whole bunch of extra frames magically appearing

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
i think that Murata's version of this episode had a higher frame count

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hellsau posted:

i think that Murata's version of this episode had a higher frame count

Yeah, it's in the manga, which has more animation than this.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love this part of OPM where Saitama starts really getting into the weeds with the petty politics and hassle that come with the Hero community and just utterly disregarding it. The animation in this second episode wasn't so bad either. The voice cast is also still highly entertaining.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

El Burbo posted:

Mmm, no good. All the fancy animation is saved for Genos, but nothing he does looks anywhere near as good as his fights in S1.

Yeah when he was doing his powered up stuff all I could think about was that same scene in the Murata manga and Saitama vs Genos from S1. It's a shame.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watching this show get downgraded by JC staff work feels like watching your friend slowly succumb to dementia. :negative:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

They didn't even have an animation budget for the goddamn opening. Like, come on!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This saddens me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The OP is so bad. :( After MP100 S1 and 2 and OPM 1, this is just pitiful.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's like watching a comic book with people doing the voices and turn the pages for you. loving lame.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

trucutru posted:

They didn't even have an animation budget for the goddamn opening. Like, come on!

Budget is likely not the problem. This show probably has a ton of resources being poured into it.

Money just can't fix a rushed and troubled production

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's like watching a comic book with people doing the voices and turn the pages for you. loving lame.

Murata-animated motion comics with the current voice actors would have been a great improvement.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
ITS SO loving BAD WHAT THE gently caress

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hell there's more fanservice in an episode of Slime Isekai then JC spending their budget on Fubuki (hot she may be).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
There is MAYBE 5 seconds of quality animation in any of these episodes. Most of the fighting is some like really blurry poo poo I dont know what the technique is but it sucks rear end, its clearly some money saving method of animating battle like they are applying a blur filter over 5 keyframes and stretching it to 10 seconds or some poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm just not sure why they even bothered

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm just not sure why they even bothered

Because by their calculations there are plenty of hogs that will eat up the slop. To a producer, the question of profit always comes up first, and they determined the cost in time and money to produce something with artistic merit (like the first season) would not have resulted in an adequate ROI, and they may not be incorrect in their projections.

That's art under capitalism baby

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Nationalize anime production

*GATE season 2 gets made*

gently caress go back

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheKingofSprings posted:

Blu-rays are good for touchups but if the thing is a loving slideshow I don’t see a whole bunch of extra frames magically appearing

With Dragon Ball Super they literally went back and redrew whole scenes for the home release. Not saying they will do that here, but it’s happened.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Waltzing Along posted:

It’s literally a “Motion Comic Book” like marvel would produce on Netflix for $500 plus voice actor work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
How do we make it look like Saitama is playing a video game?
I dunno, just have him vibrate a bit.