Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
we did it; all threats eliminated :toot:

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1118555902116794368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

That god account is dumb but it's a RealTrueFact that Donald Trump is one of the worst overall Americans we have.

GWB probably beats him out just for sheer human misery caused, but he's lacking in a lot of other categories that Trump excels at.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Better Call Sol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

it would be not funny exactly but fitting for usa 2019 if someone went and shot up columbine anyway

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
colorado induced reefer madness

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Better Call Sol

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

cargo cult posted:

one of the columbine guys went around sieg heiling and saying the n-word so much he realized he had to stop or he'd give himself away

Didn't it come out that instead of them being poor, bullied kids, that they were both tremendous assholes that no one liked (because they were assholes)? I feel like that's true for at least one of them, the other was that weird kind of kid that will do anything someone tells them to fit in.

There was so much bullshit that came out of that shooting. Wasn't the "She said yes" story completely made up?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Loky11 posted:

colorado induced reefer madness

she was from Florida op, another example of conservatives being untrustworthy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schools banned trench coats

Which in hindsight was probably good

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Pook Good Mook posted:

Didn't it come out that instead of them being poor, bullied kids, that they were both tremendous assholes that no one liked (because they were assholes)? I feel like that's true for at least one of them, the other was that weird kind of kid that will do anything someone tells them to fit in.

There was so much bullshit that came out of that shooting. Wasn't the "She said yes" story completely made up?
i have no clue about any of that tbh i just know at least one of them was an incohate nazi

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That god account is dumb but it's a RealTrueFact that Donald Trump is one of the worst overall Americans we have.

GWB probably beats him out just for sheer human misery caused, but he's lacking in a lot of other categories that Trump excels at.

Bush was a far worse President but he at least appeared to have human connections with people he was close to like his family.

Donald Trump tried to ransom his Fredo-esque son and got called on it because his ex knew he wouldn't fight for custody of Don Jr. He also toasts with Diet Coke.

Pook Good Mook has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Apr 17, 2019

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

I just finished my work's active shooter training. It was a 6 minute video showing the two responses to an active shooter.

1) run away from work if you ever even think you hear gunshots.

2) attack the shooter with a broom

Not really seeing how this is helpful in any way

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Apraxin posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1118522941111771136

the American school system, 2019: we do not advocate physical or psychological harm as a means to attain safety

Repeat after me young lady, "I felt that I was in immediate danger and the overwhelming number of intruders made me fear for my life. Give me a lawyer."

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

Yeah, but weirdly, the one about the guy who picked up a hitchhiker on his way home from school and the hitchhiker thanked him and said "don't go to school tomorrow" and vanished because he was actually an angel?

Also made up.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

jfc pump yr brakes

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't like this :( she's so scary

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

they made a hashtag for hunting down and killing a mentally ill teenager

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Apraxin posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1118522941111771136

the American school system, 2019: we do not advocate physical or psychological harm as a means to attain safety

They should make the boy that got kneed in the dick register as a sex offender.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Better Call Sol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Phi230 posted:

they made a hashtag for hunting down and killing a mentally ill teenager
yeah they should have just let her go for it, why bother hunting her down lol

nuclear rear end take

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ive been vaping 1g carts of thc oil that i've been buying for $40 a pop and i think they're probably chock full of various carcinogens so i think i'm just gonna go back to massive bong rips

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

One of them was like an arrogant narcissistic rear end in a top hat, and yea he doesn't seem to have really been bullied in any meaningful sense. The other one may have somewhat but he seemed more just like the kind of kid who was invisible. Quiet, kept to himself, but also looking for connection so the manipulative one took advantage of that. Can't remember which is which though.

There was a witness who did report that one of the victims was asked if they believed in God, but that took place inside the school, and then somehow that got conflated with a totally different girl who was killed outside. So there's no clear information on exactly how that all went down. And nobody is really looking to find out at this point.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Norton posted:

I just finished my work's active shooter training. It was a 6 minute video showing the two responses to an active shooter.

sharpen the ends of all yr work brooms to manpiercing keenness TODAY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*pointing to the Sun*

found it, what's my reward

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thom and the Heads posted:

ive been vaping 1g carts of thc oil that i've been buying for $40 a pop and i think they're probably chock full of various carcinogens so i think i'm just gonna go back to massive bong rips

this guy gets it

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Thom and the Heads posted:

Edibles imo

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Norton posted:

Only two responses? Lol, ours had three. You're screwed, mate, since your employer cheaped out.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was in school after the columbine panic and we had to do the see-through backpack thing but people realized it was a dumb idea pretty fast and dropped it. did the same thing happen after parkland or are they still a normal part of school supplies?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Norton posted:

when I was at IBM there was a for-real "Bomb Threat Checklist" hung up in all the break rooms, like you were supposed to take careful notes and go through a series of questions if you picked up the phone and it was a mad bomber on the other end.

I made two similar checklists, one for "Airborne Toxic Event" (thank you Don DeLillo) and one for "Rabid Vermin Attack" and hung them up next to the bomb threat one. For a couple of years whenever they re-did the floorplan people would move and re-hang my two checklists along with the bomb threat one.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

yeah they should have just let her go for it, why bother hunting her down lol

nuclear rear end take

the feds: we need to find this mentally I'll person, also we made a hashtag so you can watch us kill her then refuse to say we killed her in real time

you: this owns

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Norton posted:

i love that schools and offices teach the 'bum-rush the shooter' method, using the logic that 'he cant kill us all!'. of course he can, idiots. he's got a machine gun. that's the whole point of them.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Pooky posted:

Repeat after me young lady, "I felt that I was in immediate danger and the overwhelming number of intruders made me fear for my life. Give me a lawyer."

THIS!

The school is going to lose the case and spend so much money protecting a boy who wanted to take pictures in the girls bathroom.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nae! posted:

i love that schools and offices teach the 'bum-rush the shooter' method, using the logic that 'he cant kill us all!'. of course he can, idiots. he's got a machine gun. that's the whole point of them.

they have moved on from that

now it’s lock the doors and run away if you can

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Nae! posted:

you're obviously forgetting that one platoon of children will be hurling rocks from the classroom rock bucket

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

they have moved on from that

now it’s lock the doors and run away if you can

ah, glad our best defense against shooters is "hide your kids, hide your wife"

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Norton posted:

The video you should actually watch is called Gremlins 2 and Gizmo will teach you how to make proper weapons out of office supplies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nae! posted:

ah, glad our best defense against shooters is "hide your kids, hide your wife"

and wait for your highly trained local police to arrive and shoot the guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Cx9YFq4.gifv