Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
e:wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Madkal posted:

I have been listening to Generation Why. The hosts are pretty good though they can get a bit much where punishment is concerned. Speaking of which, I just listened to their episode about Robin Abrams, in which a woman who was trying to be a police officer got majorly harassed by the force after she broke up with her cop boyfriend. She went to the higher ups to complain and they fired her so she sued the police force. Harassment skyrocketed from there and she disappeared one day and to the surprise of no-one the police have pretty much refused to investigate the case despite all evidence pointing to her scumbag pig ex-boyfriend probably killing her.
If you want to get angry about blatant police cover up and corruption feel free to listen to the generation why episode about it.

idk how anyone can consistently read this thread and not loving hate cops/the US legal system

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
I live in an old and probably haunted house and it has weird little crawlspace doors all over the place. No idea where any of them go because we mostly covered them in furniture or other poo poo when we moved in. The house is 2 storeys but there's an attic hatch on the first floor as well as the second. I don't really want to open the doors up because I know the reality will probably be a lot more boring than my imagination.

There's also uranium in the area and our basement is essentially a cave. No walls or concrete, just rough dug out rock. So the amount of radon I'm receiving is probably over the normal safe limit and I'm excited for lung cancer or my dick to fall off or whatever.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I kinda doubt that it was one, then. We're in the Chicago suburbs, in a very definitely low to middle class area. It's curious though.

I still wouldn't rule it out. Though Chicago area does open up other possibilities depending on the suburb especially with the era you say the house was built. Plenty of hidden rooms for hiding bootleg booze and stills, or for when mobsters need to hit the mattresses to lie low for a time.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

R.L. Stine posted:

I live in an old and probably haunted house and it has weird little crawlspace doors all over the place. No idea where any of them go because we mostly covered them in furniture or other poo poo when we moved in. The house is 2 storeys but there's an attic hatch on the first floor as well as the second. I don't really want to open the doors up because I know the reality will probably be a lot more boring than my imagination.

There's also uranium in the area and our basement is essentially a cave. No walls or concrete, just rough dug out rock. So the amount of radon I'm receiving is probably over the normal safe limit and I'm excited for lung cancer or my dick to fall off or whatever.

p. decent post/username combo

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Phy posted:

Looking forward to the Blumhouse movie about your friend's place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7a-hmoh6Jw

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Phy posted:

p. decent post/username combo

I met Bob Stine at Thrillerfest a few years back, he is exactly as awesome as you'd imagine.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
How do you have a mystery attic and crawspaces and not check them out and/or make a thread about exploring them.

A shameful goon.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

How do you have a mystery attic and crawspaces and not check them out and/or make a thread about exploring them.

A shameful goon.

Seriously, I know we’re all burnt out husks with no joy left but there’s gotta be at least a touch of childhood wonder and curiosity in there somewhere. I would’ve explored the hell out of them the first time I looked at the house let alone actually living there

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kanine posted:

idk how anyone can consistently read this thread and not loving hate cops/the US legal system

Sometimes they enforce laws on people I feel victimized by.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Aesop Poprock posted:

Seriously, I know we’re all burnt out husks with no joy left but there’s gotta be at least a touch of childhood wonder and curiosity in there somewhere. I would’ve explored the hell out of them the first time I looked at the house let alone actually living there

There's a lot of potential in little forgotten spaces.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

R.L. Stine posted:

If your dick falls off the dick museum in Reykjavik needs a new human dick from someone living. They have an old man dick in a jar but he's dead.

It's also where I learned that dicks shrink when you start getting old so even if your dick doesn't drop off due to radon you probably should cut it off to avoid the disappointment to come.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Madkal posted:

I have been listening to Generation Why. The hosts are pretty good though they can get a bit much where punishment is concerned. Speaking of which, I just listened to their episode about Robin Abrams, in which a woman who was trying to be a police officer got majorly harassed by the force after she broke up with her cop boyfriend. She went to the higher ups to complain and they fired her so she sued the police force. Harassment skyrocketed from there and she disappeared one day and to the surprise of no-one the police have pretty much refused to investigate the case despite all evidence pointing to her scumbag pig ex-boyfriend probably killing her.
If you want to get angry about blatant police cover up and corruption feel free to listen to the generation why episode about it.

Joliet is incredibly corrupt. I once saw a cop from a town mentioned in that article threaten to have evidence planted on someone as a negotiating tactic over pay at an outside job he had.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

R.L. Stine posted:

If you're in the Midwest a radon suppression system is about a thousand bucks. So not cheap but if you're actually worried there is a solution.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Source4Leko posted:

Joliet is incredibly corrupt. I once saw a cop from a town mentioned in that article threaten to have evidence planted on someone as a negotiating tactic over pay at an outside job he had.

Ah, The Joilet. I've been to that damned court house more times than I care to remember.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Wasabi the J posted:

Sometimes they enforce laws on people I feel victimized by.

Bug, not a feature.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

If your dick falls off the dick museum in Reykjavik needs a new human dick from someone living. They have an old man dick in a jar but he's dead.

It's also where I learned that dicks shrink when you start getting old so even if your dick doesn't drop off due to radon you probably should cut it off to avoid the disappointment to come.

Over the years I've come to realize Freud was right

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Over the years I've come to realize Freud was right

about nothing and if you think so you're just projecting

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I know Freud wasn't actually right, it was a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that I'm fascinated with the fascination with penises. I'm trying to imagine a museum dedicated to another random body part or an equally 'hur hur' vagina museum and I doubt it exists. And I suppose collecting disembodied penises is kind of disturbing, so it fits in the thread.

e: although googling it (at work so on my phone) it seems that some sort of vagina museum is in the works

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

I know Freud wasn't actually right, it was a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that I'm fascinated with the fascination with penises. I'm trying to imagine a museum dedicated to another random body part or an equally 'hur hur' vagina museum and I doubt it exists. And I suppose collecting disembodied penises is kind of disturbing, so it fits in the thread.

e: although googling it (at work so on my phone) it seems that some sort of vagina museum is in the works

There is a wall of vaginas in the Hobart MONA :nws: if your boss doesn't like to see plaster lady parts.

The real disturbing is that the dick museum did have a penis from a man who was alive. A man from the USA liked the idea of being able to go see his own todger on display at the museum so got it lopped off and let them have it on display on the condition that he was able to go there and see it for free when ever he wanted. He took it back after some time though and is the reason they need a dick from someone living to display there.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

jobson groeth posted:

He took it back after some time though

????????

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

There is a wall of vaginas in the Hobart MONA :nws: if your boss doesn't like to see plaster lady parts.

You can buy soap replicas of them from the gift shop too!

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

jobson groeth posted:

Wall of vulvas. :colbert:

(I know you're just quoting so not having a go at you but it's the principle.)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Whitlam posted:

Wall of vulvas

Thanks for the name for my Wall of Voodoo tribute band.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

The real disturbing is that the dick museum did have a penis from a man who was alive. A man from the USA liked the idea of being able to go see his own todger on display at the museum so got it lopped off and let them have it on display on the condition that he was able to go there and see it for free when ever he wanted. He took it back after some time though and is the reason they need a dick from someone living to display there.

Uh, so what's the reason he wanted it back. Seems like you've already gone pretty far in committing at that point

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phlegmish posted:

Uh, so what's the reason he wanted it back. Seems like you've already gone pretty far in committing at that point

Maybe it just looked delicious?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I was going to say “what about gender confirmation surgery” but then I realized the surgeons use the skin and nerves for reconstruction, so there’s probably not much museumworthy left.

Sometimes I don’t think things through.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
A female Columbine cultist is on the loose in Colorado. She hasn’t done anything violent yet, but the FBI have described her as armed and dangerous.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/a3xddg/the-fbi-is-searching-for-a-columbine-obsessed-woman-who-flew-to-colorado-and-bought-a-shotgun

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rascar Capac posted:

A female Columbine cultist is on the loose in Colorado. She hasn’t done anything violent yet, but the FBI have described her as armed and dangerous.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/a3xddg/the-fbi-is-searching-for-a-columbine-obsessed-woman-who-flew-to-colorado-and-bought-a-shotgun

That’s a hard 18

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's a hard 30, jesus. Methy as gently caress.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I actually don't think she looks bad at all but yeah, 18 lol

I liked this quote in the article:

quote:

Pais’ family is urging that she return to Florida. “She can, please, come home,” her father, speaking through a closed door, told CBS Miami. "It's like a bad dream.” Her father added that he thinks “maybe she has a mental problem.”

Yes, maybe

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nah, just a phase. My sister and I both did the same thing, and all my cousins. In many ways it's a rite of passage.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
She was found dead a couple hours ago:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/sol-pais-found-dead-near-base-of-mt-evans-ending-massive-manhunt-sources-say

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bobby Digital posted:

That’s a hard 18

Florida Woman.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ooof. At least she didn't take anyone else with her.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Whitlam posted:

Wall of vulvas. :colbert:

(I know you're just quoting so not having a go at you but it's the principle.)

I'm now loling at the guy who melted down about that to the point he made a manifesto.

Phlegmish posted:

This was not explained. There was a lot about it all that was not explained in the sort of detail that would allow you to understand how it all came about.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I'm on the phone so i cant link it, but the 40 year old teen columbine cultist has a neocities site thats an incredibly good recreation of late 90s goth internet.

How the hell does someone who cant remember anything before like 2006 or so build something that feels that authentic to the time period?

I have no idea what could be gleaned from her posts, but she didnt come off as schizo or otherwise delusional. Just sad and angry.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm on the phone so i cant link it, but the 40 year old teen columbine cultist has a neocities site thats an incredibly good recreation of late 90s goth internet.

How the hell does someone who cant remember anything before like 2006 or so build something that feels that authentic to the time period?

I have no idea what could be gleaned from her posts, but she didnt come off as schizo or otherwise delusional. Just sad and angry.

I feel like there's something huge that we're missing about the collective unconscious that once we figure it out is gonna explain so much.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

One More Fat Nerd posted:

It's possible she was experiencing the first traumatic break that can lead to an actual diagnosis of schizophrenia, it's very common for people to be diagnosed in their 20s, 18 would be quite young. Some of her writings seem to indicate she was having thoughts that scared her and that she wished would go away, much like the way some schizophrenics hear voices.

It would've been very beneficial to the country for her to be caught alive though, because she could've been a rare source of information. It's not often you can study a potential mass shooter before they actually commit any violence or are killed themselves. Most of the shooters who have been arrested after the fact are not exactly cooperative in terms of study and psychological testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That stuff always reminds me about how Whitman knew he wasn’t right in the head and yet that level of awareness still couldn’t stop him from doing what he did.