Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just got a beta code for Elsweyr but I don't play this game anymore.

Are we dumping unwanted codes here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inzombiac posted:

Just got a beta code for Elsweyr but I don't play this game anymore.

Are we dumping unwanted codes here?

Sure!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JFYI, beta codes are immediately applied to your account. You can't give em out.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hey folks, what's the goon guild scene look like these days? I'm giving this game another shot (first time since beta), and wouldn't mind some chill folks to group and chat with in game. How many folks are usually online in prime time?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kedo posted:

Hey folks, what's the goon guild scene look like these days? I'm giving this game another shot (first time since beta), and wouldn't mind some chill folks to group and chat with in game. How many folks are usually online in prime time?

Guild's pretty active these days, usually 20+ on at primetime, plenty of people to help around. Just post your userID in here and we'll get an invite out.

In other news, it's week 3 of the anniversary event for ESO, or as we like to call it, "Open Season on Casuals"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

there's too many drat elves in this game. I cant tell you how disappointed I was to learn that not only can I not play as a dwarf, the dwarves in this setting are just more elves

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Also orcs are sometimes hot

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Guild's pretty active these days, usually 20+ on at primetime, plenty of people to help around. Just post your userID in here and we'll get an invite out.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! @kedoco

Out of curiosity, is there any single class/role combo that's particularly desired in the dungeon finder and/or PVP these days? I'm having trouble picking a class and could use a push in one direction. So far I've enjoyed both Sorc and Warden.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Crown packs on sale for the next couple days.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I suppose, since it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't abandoned the game due to boredom yet, I should probably get in with some goons and see where the real fun is, huh? @DivineCoffeeBinge

Zeodeicasia
Jun 11, 2006

Welcome to Amsterdam
Grimey Drawer
I've been getting back into this game lately. Can I get an invite for the NA guild? I'm @zeodeicasia.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Would love an invite. I think I'm @Catsworth? How do I check?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

kedo posted:

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! @kedoco

Out of curiosity, is there any single class/role combo that's particularly desired in the dungeon finder and/or PVP these days? I'm having trouble picking a class and could use a push in one direction. So far I've enjoyed both Sorc and Warden.

Hard to give class recs for dungeon finder since it's just based upon the role you choose. I can't speak to PVP but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar.

If you'd like to tank - DK or warden are the meta choices right now. Tanking is instant queues so this would be really desirable.

If you'd like to heal, templar or warden are solid picks. Healing queues are slightly longer I think.

DPS is pretty variable, but these have the longest queues.

E: you can also transfer most things (gear) between characters. So if you make a Magicka character and find you'd rather be a different class all the gear you have can just get put in the bank and moved to the new one.

All classes can tank / heal / dps though and all of them do it well enough for the dungeon finder. If you're looking to do super high end content (pushing high scores in vet trials, not necessarily just doing those trials) you'll want to go with the meta. But don't worry about this now, get something to 50 then work on getting champion points.

Level as a DPS and explore a bit. When I started I was also super concerned about the best choice for X/Y/Z but it really turns out that you can do whatever with any class. Getting an alt to 50 is much easier the second time and you get to use the champion points you've earned on your main for your second character. Makes it a lot easier.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 20, 2019

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Catsworth posted:

Would love an invite. I think I'm @Catsworth? How do I check?

It's the ID you use to log into the server with.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Scyantific posted:

It's the ID you use to log into the server with.

Even after reinstalling it just logs me in from steam haha. That was it and someone invited me however!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

respeced my templar into dual wield to give it another try and i really hate how squishy it makes you. i know its supposed to give you better dps but brawler and rally are just too damned good for me to give up twohanders

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
is the NA guild still inviting people? I'm @millionsofbees

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Apparently I left my membership active for ten months.

Oops.

On the bright side I guess I have plenty of crowns to waste on stupid poo poo come Elsweyr! :10bux: :20bux:

So last time I played this, I went through the original campaign solo, did a handful of dungeons and stopped. I had a good time though, story was surprisingly good, world was beautiful and massive.

Maybe I'll do Morrowind or Summerset this time, maybe not :v:

In any case, I'd like to try a new character - what is the absolute fastest solo clearing mans out there right now? I'm looking for the strongest possible combination of aoe pack clear speed and movement speed/abilities. Don't care about anything else, pvp, endgame raid viability, whatever, just want to gofast and kill all the things while doing one or more of the campaigns.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I finished the Covenant main quest with my first character, I want to do the other alliances with alts of appropriate races, will I still get champion points as i level them or will it be "wasted" XP?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you are below level 50 it will be normal exp. Besides, it's better to do it all on one character because the final reward for clearing all three faction stories is a sweet kettle helm from our boy Caldwell.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

victrix posted:

In any case, I'd like to try a new character - what is the absolute fastest solo clearing mans out there right now? I'm looking for the strongest possible combination of aoe pack clear speed and movement speed/abilities. Don't care about anything else, pvp, endgame raid viability, whatever, just want to gofast and kill all the things while doing one or more of the campaigns.

Orc stamsorc would be a good choice for survivable, speedy soloing. Also you can turn your extra crowns into a pile of gold since crown store items are giftable now (1 crown : 200g).

Simone Poodoin posted:

I finished the Covenant main quest with my first character, I want to do the other alliances with alts of appropriate races, will I still get champion points as i level them or will it be "wasted" XP?

All characters earn XP until they hit 50, at which point they'll start earning CP. But CP are account-wide, so even sub-50 alts can use them. Like if you have 810 CP and make a new alt, the alt now has 810 CP to allocate.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Thanks, my main is at 130 CP but if I did those quests with an alt I wouldn't gather more CP until the alt was lvl50 then.

Scyantific posted:

If you are below level 50 it will be normal exp. Besides, it's better to do it all on one character because the final reward for clearing all three faction stories is a sweet kettle helm from our boy Caldwell.

Can I use the skeleton polymorph and wear this helm?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

count_von_count posted:

Also you can turn your extra crowns into a pile of gold since crown store items are giftable now (1 crown : 200g).

How are you doing this? I checked out the exchange server thing or w/e you get from googling exchange crowns but it seems kind of cumbersome. Do goons have another (better) way of doing exchanges?

I kept my sub while I took a break and have a bunch of crowns I won't use.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

victrix posted:

Apparently I left my membership active for ten months.

Oops.

On the bright side I guess I have plenty of crowns to waste on stupid poo poo come Elsweyr! :10bux: :20bux:

So last time I played this, I went through the original campaign solo, did a handful of dungeons and stopped. I had a good time though, story was surprisingly good, world was beautiful and massive.

Maybe I'll do Morrowind or Summerset this time, maybe not :v:

I know Scy posted in the Discord about using petsorc, which is very good for big dick AOE pulls, but I'll also recommend mag templar for the same thing. Your spammable is AOE, heals you, gives you Minor Protection for 3 secs with each cast AND procs an additional direct damage passive. You also have a pulsed AOE that gives you Empower, an AOE DoT that procs the same passive as your spammable and, of course, Wall of Elements. THEN, you also have a cost-free heal/stam return skill so you can dodge poo poo more (also passively gives you 10% bonus to your 3 regen stats), what used to be the most OP burst heal in the game, an armor buff that also gives you massive regen and...

most importantly...

A loving HOLY LASER.

Basically magplar is really good for the poo poo you wanna do.

Edit: also forgot about the morph of Sun Fire that hits 3 targets and burns em' for 8 secs (will be 10 in Elsweyr).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

Thanks, my main is at 130 CP but if I did those quests with an alt I wouldn't gather more CP until the alt was lvl50 then.

Can I use the skeleton polymorph and wear this helm?

Sadly, no

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I know Scy posted in the Discord about using petsorc, which is very good for big dick AOE pulls, but I'll also recommend mag templar for the same thing. Your spammable is AOE, heals you, gives you Minor Protection for 3 secs with each cast AND procs an additional direct damage passive. You also have a pulsed AOE that gives you Empower, an AOE DoT that procs the same passive as your spammable and, of course, Wall of Elements. THEN, you also have a cost-free heal/stam return skill so you can dodge poo poo more (also passively gives you 10% bonus to your 3 regen stats), what used to be the most OP burst heal in the game, an armor buff that also gives you massive regen and...

most importantly...

A loving HOLY LASER.

Basically magplar is really good for the poo poo you wanna do.

Edit: also forgot about the morph of Sun Fire that hits 3 targets and burns em' for 8 secs (will be 10 in Elsweyr).

I'll definitely take a look at this, any suggestions on race?

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

victrix posted:

Breton for sustain, Altmer or Dunmer for damage, Khajiit works as well. (I like Breton personally)

+1 for Magplar is ez-mode for soloing dungeons and clearing out huge packs of mobs. You can easily get by with just using Wall of Elements, Blazing Spear, and spamming Puncturing Sweep. Put Breath of Life and Inner Light on your main bar and you can nearly sleepwalk killing dungeon bosses too without even having to bar-swap. You also have all of those tools MCP mentioned available to you if you want to get fancy.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hakarne posted:

How are you doing this? I checked out the exchange server thing or w/e you get from googling exchange crowns but it seems kind of cumbersome. Do goons have another (better) way of doing exchanges?

Basically if you trust each other you can do: gift crown item <-> give gold. But yeah there's also the Tamriel crown exchange, which has a list of vetted sellers and brokers and stuff, fwiw they have ZOS' blessing to operate but I've never used them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

victrix posted:

Orc if you want to run fast, they have very nice passive speed boost abilities.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

count_von_count posted:

Basically if you trust each other you can do: gift crown item <-> give gold. But yeah there's also the Tamriel crown exchange, which has a list of vetted sellers and brokers and stuff, fwiw they have ZOS' blessing to operate but I've never used them.

Ah ok. On a related note, if any goons want to exchange crowns for gold let me know. I'll apply for the crown exchange thing but that takes a bit, so hit me up before and we can work it out. I'm looking to unload ~10k crowns.

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

Been playing for a few weeks and enjoying the game, would appreciate an invite to the NA guild, I'm @tinzen

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hakarne posted:

You can gamble and trust someone or use Tamriel Crown Exchange as mentioned earlier.

I used TCE to sell and it was a pretty smooth experience, they are somewhat professional about it. The process is basically this: The buyer of crowns, the seller of crowns and a TCE representative (broker) all meet ingame. Buyer trades gold to broker, seller gifts crown item to buyer, broker trades (most of*) the gold to the seller.

*The broker takes 20% of the gold as a fee

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

finally got a hit on the dungeon finder for a rando and ended up in scalecaller peak. holy crap that was probably the worst one to land on for my first try at dungeons. all the exploding things :frogsiren:. im not looking forward to doing this on veteran but i want that zaan hat. also i hope i dont get stuck inside of a wall next time and have to run back my group from the starting point

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ineptitude posted:

*The broker takes 20% of the gold as a fee

20%!? You get better rates from the loving mob.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Realtalk Tamriel Crown Exchange is legit, but if any goons want to do it in house I'll do the middleman thing for basically free. Just kick me whatever you feel like as a tip. Also note that this comes with the safety of the fact that I'll only do it for names I at least recognize from the guild, so nobody is gonna get scammed. Hakarne has been playing for years and ain't loving with anyone. Plasticbee also sells through our Discord from time to time, from what I've seen.

Just PM me in-game @thefloobyest and we'll get it set up if anyone wants to buy or sell.

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

Can someone toss me an invite to the NA guild? @zajabuli

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Realtalk Tamriel Crown Exchange is legit, but if any goons want to do it in house I'll do the middleman thing for basically free. Just kick me whatever you feel like as a tip. Also note that this comes with the safety of the fact that I'll only do it for names I at least recognize from the guild, so nobody is gonna get scammed. Hakarne has been playing for years and ain't loving with anyone. Plasticbee also sells through our Discord from time to time, from what I've seen.

Just PM me in-game @thefloobyest and we'll get it set up if anyone wants to buy or sell.

Thanks for vouching. Just did a direct exchange with count_von_count and it's super easy if you can trust each other (which goons drat well better be able to!). If anyone else wants anything from the crown store for gold let me know. We don't even have to be on at the same time, I can gift what you want and you can mail me the gold after (or vice versa, w/e). I'll do a 200g:1 crown exchange rate, which is 25g cheaper than going through the exchange (and no 20% commission siphoned off jesus gently caress). Just PM here or mail me in game first to confirm.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

:hellyeah: the rng gods smiled on me and gave me the exact shoulder piece i was looking for with my first undaunted key

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hakarne posted:

20%!? You get better rates from the loving mob.

Yeah we could do with an alternative to TCE. They effectively have monopoly atm so they are free to set whatever fee they like.
And it might be 10%, its a long time since i was in there and i don't play ESO atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hakarne posted:

Just did a direct exchange with count_von_count and it's super easy if you can trust each other (which goons drat well better be able to!).

A++ Would do business again

Now I have to pick an imperial house to decorate