Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

as long as you ping ~3 seconds before you go in and not while you are mid animation

look at this guy talk as if hes never played leona before. her e is not a skillshot its an auto-firing targetted ability that triggers when they get in range, you dont get 3 seconds of warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
As Leona there are three states.

You are walking in range to press e.
You are currently pressing e.
E is on cooldown.

You are either pressing e, waiting for it to come back, or positioning for an e. There are no exceptions. If you are doing anything else ever you are wrong.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Gnar R cooldown from 120/100/80 to 90/60/30 seconds 🤔

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
So up for like every teamfight.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

Gnar R cooldown from 120/100/80 to 90/60/30 seconds 🤔

That's probably the best way to go about balancing him. Touching his solo lane power is a nightmare, because it's hard to find a balance between "completely oppresses the lane" and "absolutely useless in a sidelane" with how his kit works.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kirtar posted:

So up for like every teamfight.

At max rank it basically already is. Even then I've played a lot of Gnar and it's uncommon to find myself wanting it but it being down.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

At max rank it basically already is. Even then I've played a lot of Gnar and it's uncommon to find myself wanting it but it being down.

I sent a screenshot of the patch notes to my friend who mains Gnar and he just replied with :shrug: He said it's a buff, but he doesnt think it'll be out of control.

It looks insane tho, just by the numbers. 18sec CD at max rank with 40% cdr

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

you will absolutely be seeing 2 gnar ults in a single team fight with that kind of CD

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
he has the transformation CD too tho

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So what streamer or tournament game brought back double relic shield Leona and Mord with Mord rushing a censer bot, been seeing it lately in masters and it's been crushing the traditional adc/squishy support bots.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So what streamer or tournament game brought back double relic shield Leona and Mord with Mord rushing a censer bot, been seeing it lately in masters and it's been crushing the traditional adc/squishy support bots.

probably the sona taric lane, people have discovered that shockingly the gold generation items are still broken.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Naut can absolutely still jungle, you will struggle against aggressive junglers early but that was always the case. You do a surprisingly large amount of damage even tanky if you max E and if you land your hook the enemy laner is probably dead. Between the recent Cinderhulk buffs and a gamut of buffs over a few patches for Naut (including some coming up in the patch tonight) you could definitely do worse in the jungle.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

d0grent posted:

you will absolutely be seeing 2 gnar ults in a single team fight with that kind of CD

You can't get it low enough to ult twice in a single transformation even at CDR cap with cosmic insight which I imagine is intentional. You can however, have access to it every transformation at max rank since it's a 15 second transformation and 15 second cooldown on rage generation.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Should be doable with ultimate hunter (and optionally cosmic insight). Not sure how practical running domination is on him though.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I thought if you're at 0 LP and lose two games in a row you drop a rank, but I did just that and I'm still at the higher rank?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
It doesn't have that much to do with lp, it depends on your mmr, which is hidden. As such, there's no set number of games to drop a rank - ie if you've been gaining 29 lp a game it'll take more losses to drop your than off you're gaining 15. It's also much harder to drop leagues than it is divisions.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

i been doing that but it is just me loving around as usual so it is not like i honed in and came up with the strategy it was just the thing that stuck when i threw it at the wall

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone have thoughts on Kayn E buff? Going to make a difference for SA over Rhaast? No idea how early Kayn can get the transform now, but the near 100% uptime on the movement speed and terrain ghosting just seems absurd.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Smol posted:

Should be doable with ultimate hunter (and optionally cosmic insight). Not sure how practical running domination is on him though.

I always forget that rune exists since it's not taken very often compared to ravenous hunter and relentless hunter.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

kirtar posted:

I always forget that rune exists since it's not taken very often compared to ravenous hunter and relentless hunter.

It's fun for Brand, Lux, Karthus, and if you're doing dumb jank poo poo, Raka, but in my experience it's not as good as the precision rune that restores mana and ult CD for kills, since if you're not getting a kill/assist in the >minute CD, maybe you should use your ult more judiciously

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm a bit hmmmm about ult cooldowns and their runes these days ever since I was cait or something and the fed zed deleted me which is annoying but whatever. I came back and went to take a sidelane wave approaching the t3 and he just ulted me again.

Other bullshit ult CDs are Leona (what is it, like 60s at level 6?), Yorick always seems to have maiden available

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I like champs like Kassadin where you can just non stop R around the map. I don't play them well, mind you, I just enjoy it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Erdricks posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Kayn E buff? Going to make a difference for SA over Rhaast? No idea how early Kayn can get the transform now, but the near 100% uptime on the movement speed and terrain ghosting just seems absurd.

Blue Kayn is very pubstompy and definitely worse in most situations than Rhaast, but those will make him potentially a lot harder to catch. In combat rules still wont make him as slippery as say, Khazix but it gives him options.

Blue Kayn is definitely fun but yeah I don't think you should ever blindly go blue. If they have like an urgot and some other tank abomination and you've got a squishy top, mid and support you're doing yourself and your team a massive disservice when teamfights go on.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yorick should always have maiden available because he's hot rear end without her

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Yorick should always have maiden available because he's hot rear end without her

if you're careful about leashing her around she can last a long rear end time. the leash range is huge though which is annoying.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

CYBEReris posted:

if you're careful about leashing her around she can last a long rear end time. the leash range is huge though which is annoying.

Didn't they specifically update her somewhat recently to fix this so she always follows Yorick around until you cast again to send her to lane now?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lord_Magmar posted:

Didn't they specifically update her somewhat recently to fix this so she always follows Yorick around until you cast again to send her to lane now?

that was a massive buff but the leash range for her is like almost tibbers-esque. you have to disengage pretty far in order to pull her away from, say, a tower so she doesn't just die to tower shots. You basically have to be at the halfway point of toplane before she'll yank herself out of tower range if she's attacking it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So naut mid is broken I think.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Me, 3 hours ago: "Ah. I'll just quickly get the first win of the day and go about my business" :shepface:

Me, after the 4th loss: "Jesus loving Christ, I just want to win one single game" :shepicide:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The damage seems pretty bonkers. Pretty much if you just hit your Q, they're dead.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what runes? electrocute?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

what runes? electrocute?

Aftershock, basically Liss runes/build

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
New blue Kayn is a blast to play with the buffs to his E. Just hope you have a team that can fight for an extended amount of time near a lot of walls. The ability to get in and out of the fight from multiple angles every 5 seconds with 40% cdr is just stupid fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I think Naut in general is broken as hell right now, I was playing him support yesterday and it was awesome because I'd forgotten how his hook's hitbox rivals Morgana binding for bullshit. Also if you land a hook they're either flashing or dying if your ADC is awake.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Naut support has always been "If you land a hook they die" really. I need to try him with the buffs. My problem has always been going like 6-0 in lane and then losing anyways and I'm not really sure what to do with him post-lane phase. He's a little too squishy to frontline on a support budget, or at least that's been my experience. Getting a good ult off, then proccing passive on as many people as you can before dying horribly seems to be what ends up happening.

e: What's real fun is people do not expect the damage you can put out at all and I've killed dozens of half health midlaners who thought they were cheeky with a hook/ignite in the mid-game.

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
HEll yeah dude 10 game ranked win streak all the way to plat 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice 1, ty maokai

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I ventured back into the dubious middle lane to try naut mid and I laned against some poor talon of all things who did not know what the gently caress he was up against and long story short i guess im an ap naut mid main now until they turbonerf it in two weeks

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Teik posted:

HEll yeah dude 10 game ranked win streak all the way to plat 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice 1, ty maokai

I almost never see maokai but my win rate with him is insane. I'm assuming it's just a match up people don't know and I'm not some kind of maokai savant? His stats on op.gg etc are super low compared to other tops.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 18, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mistaya posted:

Naut support has always been "If you land a hook they die" really. I need to try him with the buffs. My problem has always been going like 6-0 in lane and then losing anyways and I'm not really sure what to do with him post-lane phase. He's a little too squishy to frontline on a support budget, or at least that's been my experience. Getting a good ult off, then proccing passive on as many people as you can before dying horribly seems to be what ends up happening.

e: What's real fun is people do not expect the damage you can put out at all and I've killed dozens of half health midlaners who thought they were cheeky with a hook/ignite in the mid-game.

Aftershock is great on him, if you take a bad hook you just shield up, root them and walk away taking effectively no damage.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yeah its aftershock, gives you a tiny aoe damage burst but mostly makes it where if you land a hook you win the trade.

back into diamond off the back of this massive beast

actually kind of strange, for the last 3 seasons i havent been able to make it to diamond playing support so i've climbed playing mid, then swapped back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
Meanwhile despite how well I do in games (or lovely, I have my moments) others just feed endlessly or make stupid decisions and we lose anyway. Woo low elo!