Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember this Janelle chick from Big Brother, looks like she evolved into her second form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

just make a new thread for TAR

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lone Goat posted:

just make a new thread for TAR

Sorry bro we are taking this thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wow those two look like they're gonna get obnoxious fast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone tell me if any of these Big Brother teams are likable

Chris & Bret?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's just a fuckin stick!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Corrine and Bugeyed Eliza... that's my pony... they are terrible.
Mr & Mrs Rupert are poison.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Who are the people that enjoy Leo and Jamal
Do any of them exist

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Robnoxious posted:

Brechel without Brandon gotta be the poison.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Robnoxious posted:

I can get behind this, though I also like Tyler and Korey

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TAR thread created HERE

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

IcePhoenix posted:

I can get behind this, though I also like Tyler and Korey

Definitely hoping for Tyler and Korey or Becca and Floyd, they're all such great people and classic TAR teams

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Robnoxious posted:

TAR thread created HERE

You're Lone Goat's hero

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

You're Lone Goat's hero

you're not wrong

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The odd thing Tha Amazing Race brings up... the rumored all winner season 40... wouldn't necessarily have to mean all Survivor winners...

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The odd thing Tha Amazing Race brings up... the rumored all winner season 40... wouldn't necessarily have to mean all Survivor winners...

so what you're saying is eliza is gonna be on season 40

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lone Goat posted:

so what you're saying is eliza is gonna be on season 40

Gotta find a way. And when there is a will, there is a way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am dizzy and delirious with disease and thus I think I'm in the best position to get into the mind of Survivor and figure out why they did something and that's why I think Aurora was totally in... nah. That was dumb. Maybe if she tried it with anyone who wasn't Ron I might have room to sympathize but nah. She's lucky Ron didn't do the smart thing for his game and vote her out.

And I definitely think Ron screwed up. He could have voted out Aurora, had her extra vote, not rocked the boat with Julie, setup Wardog as a huge target, and Wentworth would have a target again soon. I'm terrified Ron and Wardog are gonna realize they need each other and form a F2 I really hate but can't really rail against or anything. I just don't like them.

I think it was probably dumb of Wardog to bust up his trio and get so backstabby on the alliance he JUST formed, but he was probably the third man in that trio and these people are all ridiculous so he can probably win this thing at this stage.

That's all I got. My brain is melting out my eye. Please kill me. Boy am I glad I forgot to record the Amazing Race with Corinne and Co. That was a mercy

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wardog loving owns

I'm glad David is gone but I'm struggling to understand why he got so much loving content if he was going to end up a 10th place finisher who didn't really make any particularly compelling moves

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Make this the OP please

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xbilkis posted:

Wardog loving owns

I'm glad David is gone but I'm struggling to understand why he got so much loving content if he was going to end up a 10th place finisher who didn't really make any particularly compelling moves

Because he's David and the producers like him because he can move their story lines forward.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Wardog is going to win, isn't he?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Okay, Wardog. Respect.

Well, many of these people are terrible idiots, but nonetheless, respect. Definitely ready to start giving him some serious credit, though he's gonna have a massive target on his back next week.

It would be cool if he was consciously taking advantage of the fact that Kelley was like, for the first time in her Survivor career, enjoying the prolonged fruits of a majority alliance a little too much. She grew complacent AF.

Failson posted:

Wardog is going to win, isn't he?

I think Rick's actually the true beneficiary here. Wardog's gonna come under fire a lot from here on out, and Rick might just smooth-talk his way through like Mike White last season.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 18, 2019

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I love the Wardog

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Given how many people are still left, I think Wardog and Rick both have big enough targets on their backs that I'd be pretty impressed if either of them manage to make it to the finals.

Funnily enough, even though they've badly bungled the post-merge, I think a Kama player winning is most likely at this point. Ron and Victoria probably have the most solid arguments in their favor right now, but if anyone's able to claim credit for taking out Wardog and/or Rick then they'll automatically have a decent case

Although considering how long it took to eliminate a member the power trio — and that it only happened because a member of the trio suggested it — maybe I'm overestimating how likely it is the rest of the cast hones in on Wardog/Rick pretty quickly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't forget somebody comes back in from extinction at some point. Could always be something whacky that results from that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cry havoc, and unleash the Dog of War :worship:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ricks look after Kelly said there's a lot of lying going on was gold.

Also Wardog was awesome, that's how you do it. Just tell the outsiders who to vote for in quick conversation then pull away one other person from the core group.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah he may be terrible at challenges but the Wardog knows how to strategize.

As the last returning player in the game Devens will probably be targeted next.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Lauren was practically invisible the whole episode, but now she has a 'meteoric return after closest ally was voted out' story just itching to be written now.

Normally I'd say her problem is that she has no allies left at all since Wardog just stabbed her in the back... but pretty much everyone left is kinda a loose player? The only close allies left are Ron/Julie.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why does Rick have a big target? He's funny and likeable, and he said the thing that spurred the crazy tribal, but he's been on the wrong side of votes, and he even got voted out of the game once! I think he needs to do a lot of work to be considered a good winner

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
If Rick doesn't win the season then the editors have done a terrible job because I don't feel like I actually know anyone else in the game at this point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spergatory posted:

If Rick doesn't win the season then the editors have done a terrible job because I don't feel like I actually know anyone else in the game at this point.

How do you not know the Wardog

I wouldn't have minded Ron as a winner until he revealed that he was actively bullying people as a way to keep them in line, which just comes off as really gross to me considering all his (hidden) confessionals about his school.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Wardog has come off as more of a side show than a main character. He's someone you enjoy and laugh at, but not someone you actually root for. Though I guess that could just be a function of personality rather than edit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Wardog has come off as more of a side show than a main character. He's someone you enjoy and laugh at, but not someone you actually root for. Though I guess that could just be a function of personality rather than edit.

That was also Tony, and, well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spergatory posted:

Not someone you actually root for :colbert:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

blue squares posted:

Why does Rick have a big target? He's funny and likeable, and he said the thing that spurred the crazy tribal, but he's been on the wrong side of votes, and he even got voted out of the game once! I think he needs to do a lot of work to be considered a good winner

Rick has a big target because he's funny and likeable and came back after being voted out of the game once.

Plus everyone has to know he's got David's vote locked down already, so he's one up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Robnoxious posted:

Ugh... Aurora is all alone.
GOTTA VOTE AURORA!

The newbies are a bunch of fuckwit sheep.
Given that the Extinction returnee is going to be someone that just won a challenge, you might actually want a goaty physical threat around if you want to send that person back out.

Lone Goat posted:

lol what the gently caress are you doing aurora
Ron, I want you to have this extra vote. One catch: you can only keep it if you vote my rear end out of the game. Hopefully this is the start of a long relationship!

I’m very surprised Ron didn’t vote her out. The one hidden blessing is that they just took out her idol without even knowing it.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Wardog and Rick are the only players with serious resumes at this point. Lauren and Victoria are in the next tier, as players who at least haven’t actively played awful games and are a couple moves away from consideration.

Everybody else has been some combination of slimy, incompetent and invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gavin seems like a good talker from his confessionals but I think at this point anyone getting a mostly invisible edit isn't winning.

Ron feels like the only real threat from the original Kama because he never really betrayed anyone but Joe (and I guess Julie this episode but he can probably spin it to include her again), so he has a good chance to avoid any bitterness.