Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That would be completely mental. Players will get into the box and immediately boot it at a defenders arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Simone Poodoin posted:

They're evaluating exactly that as an upcoming rules change

Which kit maker will be the first to exclude armholes from their shirts?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Big Virg, bitch

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The UEFA guidance is all about the silhouette of the body and Llorentes arm is inside the line of his body, not moving toward the ball, and if barely flicks his arm.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Boooo to var booo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tarbrush posted:

The UEFA guidance is all about the silhouette of the body and Llorentes arm is inside the line of his body, not moving toward the ball, and if barely flicks his arm.

Pretty sure they recently changed the rule to say any goal scored directly from a handball would be disallowed even if the handball itself wasn’t a foul?

But honestly it looked like the ball hit his hip

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I really wish I had mad meme skills.

That Thor-Captain Marvel glare thing from the trailer?

(First glare)

Tottenham logo

(Thor reaches out, Hammer flies in)

Sterling's "goal"

(Captain Marvel's smirk like "Yeah, so?")

(VAR NO GOAL OFFSIDE)

(Tottenham Spurs Logo)

Thor: I like this one.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
surprised chaz is against using hands

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

I really wish I had mad meme skills.

That Thor-Captain Marvel glare thing from the trailer?

(First glare)

Tottenham logo

(Thor reaches out, Hammer flies in)

Sterling's "goal"

(Captain Marvel's smirk like "Yeah, so?")

(VAR NO GOAL OFFSIDE)

(Tottenham Spurs Logo)

Thor: I like this one.

This sucks worse than having var gently caress you as hard as it just did me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

surprised chaz is against using hands

Surprised you’re against human rights abuses

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1118623031696478209

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/MullockSMirror/status/1118628950857666560?s=19

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

gently caress goal line technology too, you sour oval office

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1118643948887715840

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Lmao I love everything about the sour grapes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VAR can always be improved, but I'm always going to side with keeping it instead of going back to without it. The system will work the way it's supposed to....eventually.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 17, 2019

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
var is inherently flawed because they're judged by refs and all refs are utter dogshit

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Blinkz0rz posted:

Lmao I love everything about the sour grapes

It’s possible for the call to be correct yet also huge bullshit for the team it goes against in a last minute situation like this

Like lol all you want and enjoy the schadenfreude but I hope you’re prepared to have the rug similarly brutally swept out from under you in the future

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is good (var)

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Butterfly Valley posted:

It’s possible for the call to be correct yet also huge bullshit for the team it goes against in a last minute situation like this

Like lol all you want and enjoy the schadenfreude but I hope you’re prepared to have the rug similarly brutally swept out from under you in the future

Oh it surely will be but I'm riding high right now and I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

:thanks:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

hmm yes. very good. of course. alright. ok.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

It’s possible for the call to be correct yet also huge bullshit

I assume emotional choice of wording is why I am confused here rather than anything else, can you clarify wtf you mean? The offside shout was correct and I, personally (admittedly biased but I literally went and looked myself about 2 inches from my TV) can't see what the confusion was about with the Llorente goal, it deflects onto his thigh/hip and goes in, in fact if it was in danger of hitting ANY hand it was the City player grabbing Llorente's hip.

Pep Guardiola hits out at VAR after Llorente’s disputed goal for Spurs

Bald Sore Loser posted:

“I support VAR but maybe from one angle Fernando Llorente’s goal is handball, maybe from the referee’s angle it is not,” Guardiola said.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah its clear from that one angle that, if anything, the ball went off Laporte's hand.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hello mr Buffon, big fan here!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

In the interest of balance and keeping the discussion going

https://twitter.com/CBurleyESPN/status/1118655091127586816

This angle makes it even more interesting. Here we appear to have Laporte pushing Llorente, a possible deflection off Llorente's elbow AS WELL AS contact with Laporte's fingers.

Given VAR is supposed to adjudicate on "clear and obvious errors" I think the goal stands.

e: Ignore the tweet's wording, that's the stuff for NEXT season I believe.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
2 easy x 2.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
really funny stuff and hopefully we can get some reaction gifs of city fans before too long

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

really funny stuff and hopefully we can get some reaction gifs of city fans before too long

I'm being sincere :(

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I should be pissed about this result because it means City can concentrate on the league, but good for Spurs. Way to tough it out.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

It was a hella game. I thought Aguero was onside enough, tbf, but it was a hella drama mama.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sad I didn't get to watch the game without knowing how things were going to go, what a roller coaster that must have been. Great game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I should be pissed about this result because it means City can concentrate on the league, but good for Spurs. Way to tough it out.

Were going to know by next Wednesday if City is winning the league so I don’t think advancing would have much of an impact.

This result was funny regardless.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

So like, Spurs are definitely better without Kane, right?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Weedle posted:

So like, Spurs are definitely better without Kane, right?

Yes.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I already said I thought the ball hit llorente's hip, I have no problem with the actual decisions of VAR, I just meant the specific circumstance of banging in what you think is an injury time winner in a crucial match and celebrating accordingly and then having it overturned is bullshit

Again, enjoy the schadenfreude but when it happens to your team its gonna suck as equally

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I already said I thought the ball hit llorente's hip, I have no problem with the actual decisions of VAR, I just meant the specific circumstance of banging in what you think is an injury time winner in a crucial match and celebrating accordingly and then having it overturned is bullshit

Again, enjoy the schadenfreude but when it happens to your team its gonna suck as equally

That makes no sense though... Its not an injury time winner if the goal shouldn't stand.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Enjoying Salty Chaz

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bit rich for City fans to complain about VAR making a right call considering how they’d be out of the FA Cup were it not for the FA’s bizarre ”oh we don’t want VAR in non-premier league stadiums for some reason” logic.

This doesn’t balance the books or even come close but it’s a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Love football me