Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I use the Cremo beard softener which also functions as a wash and it is legiiiiit. It's tag line is something like "astonishingly superior" which I thought was dumb, but holy poo poo it's true. That stuff is amazing. Clean, no more dandruff, pillowy soft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Give your beard a nice comb and blow dry it afterwards for even better results. I was hesitant to do it until my barber friend recommended it and now I do it every other day. I usually use a straight comb with a little oil on it and high heat far from my face for about 10 seconds each side.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I use head and shoulders. It works. I just don't shower every day. I could just wear something other than black, too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

colas posted:

why do you hate black t-shirts? I'm getting sick of them because they're all I wear, also my beard dandruff shows whenever I scratch it.

They look bad on me. I also like colorful stuff.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

colas posted:

I use head and shoulders. It works. I just don't shower every day. I could just wear something other than black, too.

:hmmyes: ...or you could try showering every day.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

:hmmyes: ...or you could try showering every day.

that's bad for my skin flora, bro

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Shower every day and use cremo anything. They have legitimately good products.

Also who doesn't shower every day? Even in my deepest depression I followed (and follow) four rules for day-to-day life:

1: Don't die.
2: Remember to breathe
3: Bathe every day
4: See another human face at least once a day (even if it's, like, a person passing on the sidewalk and a quick glance or whatever)

I've had a beard before, and have had bad dandruff. It's easy enough to clean it out and remove the flakes from your soup strainer.

colas posted:

that's bad for my skin flora, bro

Scrubbing and exfoliating daily can be, you don't need to not shower period :psyduck:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I shower every day and feel gross if I skip a day, but I know a lot of people on an every other day schedule

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I shower every day and feel gross if I skip a day, but I know a lot of people on an every other day schedule

Not that anyone cares but I don't wash my hair every day with shampoo. (I have short hair.)

Thanks for reading god bless and god bless the United States of America.

e: Except in Summer.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not that anyone cares but I don't wash my hair every day with shampoo. (I have short hair.)

Thanks for reading god bless and god bless the United States of America.

e: Except in Summer.

I condition every day but I only shampoo twice a month! It’s not gross, it’s a thing!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I condition every day but I only shampoo twice a month! It’s not gross, it’s a thing!

I don't really know what that is. I know "xonditioner" exists but I've never used any :shrug:

Shampoo is just soap in a bottle.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Conditioner is diluted lotion in a bottle.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I shower every day and I'd hope others do too. On OKCupid, there's a question about how often you shower and you'd be surprised how many women answer a couple times a week :ohdear:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Showering everyday supposedly damages long hair

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mu Zeta posted:

Showering everyday supposedly damages long hair

what about dicks

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I shower every day and I'd hope others do too. On OKCupid, there's a question about how often you shower and you'd be surprised how many women answer a couple times a week :ohdear:

Huh, both friends of mine on an every other day schedule are women. They nasty.

Bottom Liner posted:

what about dicks

Dicks are also not great for long hair

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Bottom Liner posted:

what about dicks

:mrwhite:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you can make it three weeks without using deodorant, you don't need to use it anymore

But between the second and third week you're going to smell like somebody left a rabbit hutch unattended for 6 months of direct sunlight in a heat wave

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I have really dry hair and low skin oil production and haven't used shampoo in over 5 years. Just the hot water in the shower is enough to degrease it, and I still end up using a moisturizing conditioner along with an argan oil-based leave-in "elixir".

On that front, I just bought some of this:

It's ludicrously expensive but worth its weight in gold for my hair type. I've never found anything remotely as good.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Phthisis posted:

It's ludicrously expensive but worth its weight in gold for my hair type. I've never found anything remotely as good.

Does it smell like sage?

I got back into running, and I saw these bad-boys in a shop window and decided to treat myself/motivate myself with a new accessory!

They say they won't slip or bounce, and they really do stay put. The company makes 'em in a lot of fun, bright colors to boot. Mine are called 'Figment's Desert Tears', which I assume is after that Dragon mascot Disney has at Epcot.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I need a new pair of sunglasses, looking for something like Oakley Holbrooks or my now-broken Polo 4061s. Tried looking for a suitable thread to ask in but without luck.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I need a new pair of sunglasses, looking for something like Oakley Holbrooks or my now-broken Polo 4061s. Tried looking for a suitable thread to ask in but without luck.

There might be a sunglasses thread in YLLS. Or the male fashion thread might be able to point you in the right direction.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you can make it three weeks without using deodorant, you don't need to use it anymore

Is this one of those things where people who have a cat don’t realize their house smells like poo poo all the time because they become desensitized to it? Because there is no loving way you are going to convince me that your sweat doesn’t stink.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Phthisis posted:

I have really dry hair and low skin oil production and haven't used shampoo in over 5 years. Just the hot water in the shower is enough to degrease it, and I still end up using a moisturizing conditioner along with an argan oil-based leave-in "elixir".

Huh I got this for free at one of the 10 or so hotels I stayed in last year, Meridien I think? Seemed like a regular - Sofitel’s l’occitane smelled awesome and had really primo packaging, like the kind of thick plastic that makes you feel bad for killing the planet with every teeny bottle you use up..

Though I’m a cheap gently caress when it comes to shampoo I use at home and have no idea what good shampoo is supposed to feel like, hair wise

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But between the second and third week you're going to smell like somebody left a rabbit hutch unattended for 6 months of direct sunlight in a heat wave

No....please

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

1redflag posted:

Is this one of those things where people who have a cat don’t realize their house smells like poo poo all the time because they become desensitized to it? Because there is no loving way you are going to convince me that your sweat doesn’t stink.

It's more like a thing that the only country in the world that buys into this massive overly obsessed hygiene rituals is America where advertising makes you feel as if you're not maintaining your body 24/7 you're a disgusting slob.

The rest of the world skips a shower every now and then or doesn't always use deodorant and no one can tell the difference. Try traveling a bit.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Guilty posted:

It's more like a thing that the only country in the world that buys into this massive overly obsessed hygiene rituals is America where advertising makes you feel as if you're not maintaining your body 24/7 you're a disgusting slob.

The rest of the world skips a shower every now and then or doesn't always use deodorant and no one can tell the difference. Try traveling a bit.

Yeah this is pretty much my take. It’s a really weird concept when you pull back a bit and consider it.

I shower every other day max. Sometimes every other other day. It works.

Related I switched to an alum block instead of my antiperspirant deodorant and my armpits feel so much better. I suggest looking into it if anyone dislikes traditional deodorant.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Guilty posted:

So it’s the cat thing, gotcha.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
What if I enjoy beating it in the shower daily? Am I still an indoctrinated American who is locked into daily 'rituals'?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TraderStav posted:

What if I enjoy beating it in the shower daily? Am I still an indoctrinated American who is locked into daily 'rituals'?

Have you not opened your third eye via NoFap yet???

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have you not opened your third eye via NoFap yet???

That's not a world that I want to live in, even if it is true.

Also, I've technically been opening my 'third eye' daily, in the shower.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guilty posted:

You can tell who doesn't shower every day or use deodorant by being within 10 feet of them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hate bathing. Really through human history we didn't bathe much so why should I? It's also why I don't use toothpaste or floss because that's just Big Dentist trying to force unnecessary dental hygiene on me. Wake up sheeple!

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

You guys are making it seem like the average American showers every day. Based on how people manage the rest of their health, plus the many people I know who pull it off without issue, I really doubt it's a daily average.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every other day is probably OK if you don't sweat at work or workout or something. But deodorant should be used everyday. Or at the very least when you go outside.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Pit Vipers

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

1redflag posted:

Good question! I have cats too so my nose is probably just hosed.

But I got a chemical burn from using a xXxTreme Deoderant once and had to go a full month without using anything stronger than gentle soap. It gradually stank more and more for a couple weeks and then one day stopped entirely! Didn't sweat anymore, didn't stink by the end of the day.

I was showering daily though because I feel and look disgusting if I don't

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You may have just gotten used to it. One of my clients who doesn't believe in deodorant claims the same but really he smells a little ripe. Like a tinge of BO mixed with scented oils (that's what he rubs on skin). But he's rich, so gently caress it. Not gonna tell one of my meal tickets they smell like the inside of a 1960's VW bus.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
It's truly amazing that rational athiest goons making a deece six figgies touching computers are so quick to believe absolute nonsense like "i don't sweat any more after not using deodorant". It is absolutely delusional, no different than the schizoid with the unshakable faith that God is telling him to strangle the neighbors cat, which is incidentally what you smell like, a dead cat.

Skipping a shower isn't going to hurt if you work a desk job and don't exercise in between but no loving amount of microdosed lsd is going to change the basic physiology that you loving reek if you don't use deodorant for weeks on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Try living in Florida. It's basically impossible to not have to shower every day 10 months of the year unless you straight up don't leave the house. In the summer, a 30 second walk from the car into a building here will leave you sweaty.