Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t want eco-terrorists to be my dads, I’d much rather that the silly professor next door who’s constantly being chased be my dad

The poochyana chasing him would still be an improvement over the original at this point man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I honestly wish there was an option to go to the meteor shower with your mom. Just ditch that deadbeat and save the only familiar bond worth saving, dammit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I wonder if the anime is going to establish that recurring character Viren as Guzma's rear end in a top hat dad.

they certainly resemble each other

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 18, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Norman exists to show you why every other mom in the Pokemon series is a single one, they all married rear end in a top hat gym leaders and each mom has now decided that never seeing those jerks again is the healthiest thing for them and their kid.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t want eco-terrorists to be my dads, I’d much rather that the silly professor next door who’s constantly being chased be my dad

Its well established that Barret is the best dad, why would you say such a thing?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ItBreathes posted:

Its well established that Barret is the best dad, why would you say such a thing?

Uh, who’s Barret

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Uh, who’s Barret
An eco-terrorist.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

An eco-terrorist.

Oh, from FFVII. Christ, that flew right over my head.

I’d still say that being a terrorist in any form prevents you from being a good dad

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

thetoughestbean posted:

I’d still say that being a terrorist in any form prevents you from being a good dad

Not when the company you're terrorizing is cartoonishly evil and regularly destroys entire towns :colbert: I mean come on! Shinra literally has a guy on the payroll who's whole job is basically just "rape experiments", someone had to take them down.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Eh, at this point irl it almost feels like we need actual eco-terrorists to allow anyone to even have families in the near future.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Not when the company you're terrorizing is cartoonishly evil and regularly destroys entire towns :colbert: I mean come on! Shinra literally has a guy on the payroll who's whole job is basically just "rape experiments", someone had to take them down.

Oh gently caress I forgot about that scene....eughh...

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

The bizarre thing about people saying they toned down the trumpets in ORAS is that it sure feels like there are a lot of trumpets in them to me.

Admittedly these statements are not mutually exclusive.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Norman exists to show you why every other mom in the Pokemon series is a single one, they all married rear end in a top hat gym leaders and each mom has now decided that never seeing those jerks again is the healthiest thing for them and their kid.

"Oh I don't know, that seems like reading too much into the dialogue, lemme check their page in a wiki"

quote:

When the player defeats Norman, she will give an Amulet Coin as a reward.

Hahaha, drat okay I'm convinced. :stare:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ORAS is rife with dark themes

Especially in Mauville and Sea Mauville

quote:

"There is a worn-out sign. Sea Mauville's 10 slogans for a cheerful and fun workplace."
"01. Say good morning very loudly."
"02. Don't bring Pokémon to your workplace."
"03. Always arrive on time. Always stay late."
"04. Lay your life on the line in safety checks."
"05. Take joint responsibility for teamwork."
"06. Obey your superior's orders absolutely."
"07. Maintain top quality. Give up your sanity."
"08. Worship and praise the founder."
"09. Don't expect time off before you retire."
"10. No need to think. Just work unceasingly."

There's a crumpled piece of paper inside. "Sea Mauville Company Song" is written on it.
The daybreak shines on Route 108. Wake up, our towering fort. For the bright future Hoenn, We won't take our days off. Dig through, dig out great energy. Ah, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville.
The bright light shines on Route 108. Intensely shiny, our fort. Swear your selfless devotion. Unionization is out of the question. Dig through, dig out great energy. Ah, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville.
Darkness descends on Route 108. Tonight again sleepless, our fort. Drive away our competitors. We won't take our overtime pay. Dig through, dig out great energy. Ah, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville, Sea Mauville.

And you get to watch a family drift apart over the course of several letters from Professor Cozmo

Frankly, it makes SM look warm and fuzzy by comparison

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm in the Badlands in X and this is the worst thing I have encountered in a Pokemon game. Seas of annoying Trapinch and Dugtrio that don't let me just run from the encounter and can't be ignored with Repel. This is miserable.

and don't forget the sandstorms slowing your movement to a crawl

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 18, 2019

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm in the Badlands in X and this is the worst thing I have encountered in a Pokemon game. Seas of annoying Trapinch and Dugtrio that don't let me just run from the encounter and can't be ignored with Repel. This is miserable.

and don't forget the sandstorms slowing your movement to a crawl

Holy poo poo somehow I blocked that whole area out of my memory. Even if I return to my old X-File for whatever reason, I never go near there.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

ORAS is rife with dark themes

Especially in Mauville and Sea Mauville

And you get to watch a family drift apart over the course of several letters from Professor Cozmo

Frankly, it makes SM look warm and fuzzy by comparison

Not even touching the subtle fact Steven Stone's father took a page out of AZ's book when it comes to producing infinity energy. We still don't know exactly how he's doing that and whether or not the dude is actually quietly killing off large swathes of pokemon in the process. It's infuriatingly vague.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Manectric is the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Not even touching the subtle fact Steven Stone's father took a page out of AZ's book when it comes to producing infinity energy. We still don't know exactly how he's doing that and whether or not the dude is actually quietly killing off large swathes of pokemon in the process. It's infuriatingly vague.

The implications are there, so it certainly seems likely

But who's going to miss a few million zigzagoons? Perhaps the Daycare sells breejects to Devon for a nice lump of cash

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Mega Manectric is the funniest Pokemon I've ever seen

Chieves fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 18, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I actually like Mega Manectric. Regular Manectric is a disaster.

Also, why did a weatherman give me a ghost with boobs? Even the other people in the scene act like it's weird that he's giving me a Pokemon at all, and after seeing what he gave me I'm thinking that he just wanted this loving thing out of his office so people would stop saying stuff about him for having a boob ghost Pokemon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Gripweed posted:

Also, why did a weatherman give me a ghost with boobs? Even the other people in the scene act like it's weird that he's giving me a Pokemon at all, and after seeing what he gave me I'm thinking that he just wanted this loving thing out of his office so people would stop saying stuff about him for having a boob ghost Pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

there are some disturbing implications here

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nodosaur posted:

Can't wait to find out what the dub calls them.

Also maybe Pokemon don't have morals against cannibalism. Octopus sure don't.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

from my recent experience with the dub, they don't censor food like 4Kids did anymore.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Manectric is the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen

Give it time.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zuzie posted:

Can't wait to find out what the dub calls them.

"jelly doughnuts"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

I assume the Octillery is cutting off bits of itself and then regenerating them, rather than killing other Octillery to turn them into food for humans.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

It’s a tako stand.

:)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

takoyucky

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Silver2195 posted:

I assume the Octillery is cutting off bits of itself and then regenerating them, rather than killing other Octillery to turn them into food for humans.

drat, Pokémon with the deep critique of capitalism here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah, vegetarian takoyaki... horrifying....

As for dub stuff, I think its been limited to alcohol now. Which is mostly okay, but still leads to odd things

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Should I get Pokemon Bank? Having the PC storage system IRL more or less is a really fun idea but I'm not sure how useful it is, given I was told you can't put items on your Pokemon in it. But I also know it's where people get some sweet HA Pokemon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well uh do you want to transfer your pokemon between games because thats its main function

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

well uh do you want to transfer your pokemon between games because thats its main function

Seriously you need the bank for this.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If you have multiple games and are very much into moving your Pokémon around them, then Pokémon Bank is a worthy investment.

As for items, yeah it's a bummer that you can't attach items and move them around, but the later games (Gen 6 and 7) go out of their way to make these items easier to obtain without having to "poach" them from different saves.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I imagine they ban items from Poke-bank because they want you to earn the BP for your Life Orbs and Adamant Vests etc. again in new games?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

I imagine they ban items from Poke-bank because they want you to earn the BP for your Life Orbs and Adamant Vests etc. again in new games?

That and so they can be assholes about locking previously available megastones into new events.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

Right on the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Kinda dumb since I have like 30000 pokemiles in bank just waiting to be converted