Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I love how in order to get that first image of him, the Kingpin had to hang his book on a wall (You can see the cell window in the back ground) just so he could properly gesticulate at it.

I can't stop laughing about how that must look too any guard who passes by, it looks like he's trying to cast a magic spell on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
It's the Kindpin; every guard is already in his pocket. The only reason he's using the book-smartphone is so they have plausible deniability.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Noper Q posted:

It's the Kindpin; every guard is already in his pocket. The only reason he's using the book-smartphone is so they have plausible deniability.

They call him the Kindpin because hurtin' women ain't his style.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Normally I'd go back and edit typos, but that response makes it good enough to keep.

also *females

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

quite stretched out posted:

if only there was some way the kingpin could communicate with that dude other than gesturing, maybe some kind of loudspeaker connected to the monitor

Holy carp, someone more dumb than Peter Parker.

Who is secretly Spider-Man.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Samovar posted:

Holy carp, someone more dumb than Peter Parker.

Who is secretly Spider-Man.

Wait, what???

I thought it was that Nico guy :confused:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Johnny Walker posted:

I thought that might be who that was.
As someone who right at this moment is dealing with lawyers regarding a movie contract, I can tell you that the idea a lawyer would quickly read through a contract and give it the okay within minutes is utter loving horseshit.

"Here's the new contract!"
"Okay, let my lawyer check it."
[Two months pass, MJ is several thousand dollars in the hole, Peter remains an idiot]

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The movie director looks like that fish director from BoJack Horseman.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And the bullet wound. Don't forget the bullet wound, Peter.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
hes fine, except he got shot, and now hes going back to jail, presumably where the brutal crime lord he just failed will have access to him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If there is one overarching theme that Spider-Man teaches us, it is that failing to take responsibility for something will literally never backfire on you in any way, ever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Spider-Person?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Spidey is woke af.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not true, I heard Spidey can be unconscious at any time of the day.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

loving amazing. I think at a bare minimum two innocent people died as a result of that stupid chase.

As fast as the dogs are, usually they aren't fast enough to dodge bullets fired at almost point-blank... but on the other hand, if that other scene is anything to go by, unless you're a HUMAN zombie bullets do nothing.

Also somehow the zombified dog ran as fast as a motorcycle and several speeding cars. Despite just... waiting around as they looked at the two guys talking earlier.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jerusalem posted:

Not true, I heard Spidey can be unconscious at any time of the day.

Encore! Encore!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Look, I'm genre-savvy enough to see where this is gonna go. May as well head things off now and get to the reconciliation before anyone has to get hurt by some antics only Spider-Man can fail to stop.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Oh noooooooooo!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"It's cool, he's just up high looking right down at the girl in the plunging neckline, taking photos!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"In a nutty way I guess the guy I put in jail won!"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm sure the guy who betrayed the Kingpin will be absolutely fine in jail, nothing's going to happen to him.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 19, 2019

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

But she didn't really want the part:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's kind of strange how this dude who lies and cheats in his every waking moment is treated as a lovable scamp.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's kind of strange how this dude who lies and cheats in his every waking moment is treated as a lovable scamp.

Stan...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's only doing it to protect his secret identity.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What a perfectly natural and not at all ominous thing to say.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He gets some slack from being twice as honest as the average hollywood businessman

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've entirely forgotten that there's supposed to be some kind of superhero goings-on in this comic strip. Mysterio's one panel feels like a lifetime ago.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Just let Ock and May go on their date in peace, Peter. :mad:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Why can't she sue her dad for breaching her contract? Seems like that would be a lot easier than murdering MJ.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A lot less fun, though.

And when weird poo poo starts happening on set people will start to suspect her instead of the guy in a cape who hotboxed inside of a space helmet while wearing it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but it seems kind of like they're re-using faces. Something about the daughters face reminds me of Collen Wing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's weird she's blaming Mary Jane when like... she offered to quit and was told she'd be sued if she did.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Johnny Walker posted:

No, it's cool, they're actresses. 'Break a leg', 'I hope this is your last role ever', that's just how they say "good luck" without tempting fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bitch your dad is threatening to sue MJ if she doesn't stay in the role, there's gotta be better ways to handle this than whatever wacky death hijink you got planned