Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Arsenal lucky to not have VAR there, that's a close call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

and Aaron Ramsey, Juventus Double Agent, is off

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Noice

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

ya'll should turn on Frankfurt/Benfica.

3-4 agg, Frankfurt just scored, 1 more puts them through

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

phwoar laca

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

lol good thing no VAR in this competiton, as the guy from Frankfurt was a full yard off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
phwoar

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That free kick :eyepop:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

napoli looking pretty poor here

banned for regional discrimination

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
so this napoli team sure seems like 11 little bitches

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'd like the players from Arsenal to score 9 more goals please

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Is anyone else’s B/R stream down/hung up?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Jovial Cow posted:

Is anyone else’s B/R stream down/hung up?

Mine is ok currently

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Aubameyang probably should have put that in.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now that's a good arsenal miss

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

vaffanculo imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loving lmao what happened in the chelsea match

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Frankfurt up 2-0, heading through on away goals currently

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Guess it's time for Benfica to blame the hungarians's curse again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao how is that a yellow for time wasting

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

that yellow just got the ref a free pasta fazool down at Lorenzo's

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Audible groan in the bar when Chelsea failed to lose.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Glad there's no VAR in the EL so that an offside goal defines a series, surely a fair price to pay so that people at home don't have to wait a minute to celebrate.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

Glad there's no VAR in the EL so that an offside goal defines a series, surely a fair price to pay so that people at home don't have to wait a minute to celebrate.

Wasn't close either, the type of terrible decision that VAR fixes in no time at all

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is my absolute favorite part of this recent VAR discussion, imagine being so dumb that you can’t even contemplate just waiting for the confirmation whistle and spot point to confirm the goal.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Did Insigne use to be incredible, because I remember hearing a ton of hype for him for several years, but in the Arsenal games he just kind of looked like an Italian Walcott

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

UnderFreddy posted:

Did Insigne use to be incredible, because I remember hearing a ton of hype for him for several years, but in the Arsenal games he just kind of looked like an Italian Walcott

Yeah he was hot poo poo for a long time, he took the u21 team to the European finals and was (still might be?) a double digit goal scorer reliably for years. This season he’s regressed imo.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 19, 2019

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Insigne was hardly the worst player on the pitch. In the second leg he made a lot of good runs only for somebody else to put it way off target. They took 20 shots and put only 2 on target. It was a joke.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheTrend posted:

This is my absolute favorite part of this recent VAR discussion, imagine being so dumb that you can’t even contemplate just waiting for the confirmation whistle and spot point to confirm the goal.

This is the dumbest and weirdest take on this particular argument. Beep boop emotions are timed and must be placed on hold when the net bulges JUST IN CASE. They probably will end up that way but trying to make some galaxy brained point that people are weird for elation followed by disappointment then daring to mention it is laughable, you loving android.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

This is the dumbest and weirdest take on this particular argument. Beep boop emotions are timed and must be placed on hold when the net bulges JUST IN CASE. They probably will end up that way but trying to make some galaxy brained point that people are weird for elation followed by disappointment then daring to mention it is laughable, you loving android.

Ball goes in goal, players celebrate, fans go crazy, linesman has had is flag up the whole time.

No, don’t celebrate, let’s wait for the replay board to signal the result until we react. Sport is about emotion, VAR is definitely a good thing, and it doesn’t change the fact that our Holy Savior, His Baldness, Pierluigi Collina can make mistakes, and sometimes obvious ones.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

i wait for the var reply sponsored by reebok before i high five my bros at the soccer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

i wait for the var reply sponsored by reebok before i high five my bros at the soccer

Again, Reebok is an English company and can’t afford to sponsor poo poo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

Again, Reebok is an English company and can’t afford to sponsor poo poo.

lol i need to think of a better joke

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Let's do this arsenal.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cool and good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
seems like arsenal are insanely bad

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
this is painful viewing for an arse fan probably