Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

What's the goodies page for this one?

https://www.rifftrax.com/octa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loved how they actually succeed in capturing the Octaman but then he just kind of gets up and leaves.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Or how they shot him repeatedly and it had no effect....until suddenly shooting him works just fine (sort of, he can just stumble around for a few minutes and casually wander back into the water).

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I took a 5 Hour Energy midway into that movie and it was like a bullet off Superman's chest. That was Deep Hurting level.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and had to really work to keep myself awake during that loving cave scene.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

So, rock cave climbing...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Somehow that movie was simultaneously a slog and weirdly abrupt.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I liked Octaman, and I looooooved the cave scene

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
During the final slog I had to keep my body moving to resist the urge to sleep.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

The part where they get back to the RV after the cave was pretty good unironically though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jesus Christ Almighty on a Jetski, not since Roller Gator has a Rifftrax movie hurt so badly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Watching this right now, this is the good poo poo.

E: Stop honking the horn lady, this ain't R.O.T.O.R you're dealing with!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 19, 2019

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Loved Octaman! My wife and I were hoping to have the theater to ourselves, but our theater was packed. We were on the back row and there was 1 empty seat on that row. The only rows that were empty were the first 2.

I don’t really want to make fun of things people can’t control, but we had a cackler in the audience who made paying attention tough.

This was a Regal cinema. They even had an Octaman poster in the lobby.

They’re a good theater. A couple of years ago for Whizzo, the satellite signal got messed up and they couldn’t get the show. They offered to refund our money, let us sit in for a replay of Carnival of Souls and gave us passes to a future movie (not just RiffTrax).

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

BDawg posted:

I don’t really want to make fun of things people can’t control, but we had a cackler in the audience who made paying attention tough.

These shows attract the worst audiences.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just realized the non-sequitor "bitch" at the end of a joke about titanic in the at your fingertips short is a callback to the goddamn titanic rifftrax from <squints> 2009

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Barudak posted:

I just realized the non-sequitor "bitch" at the end of a joke about titanic in the at your fingertips short is a callback to the goddamn titanic rifftrax from <squints> 2009

Which was a callback to the MST3K Academy of Robots' Choice Awards Preview Special from 1998.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Breadallelogram posted:

coupon codes:

OCTAMAN for 10% off
OCTABABY for 5% off

they stack

EGGHUNT for 15% off

It stacks, too! Ouch, right into my wallet...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Which was a callback to the MST3K Academy of Robots' Choice Awards Preview Special from 1998.

drat. Im now expecting it to turn out that the joke predates the film titanic, and be scrawled in a young joel hodgsons history textbook next to a picture of the titanic

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 19, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

TVs Ian posted:

Don't they use that joke again in Two Tower or Return of the King since the captain from Titanic plays one of the kings in that movie?

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
The thing that most stuck out to me about Octaman relative to other terrible B-movies is that the editing was just incompetent. They kept cutting to poorly-framed shots of actors randomly during scenes, and then there was that part where the woman (you know, the one woman in the movie who had dialogue) apparently set the monster on fire and then there was a random cut and it was like someone forgot about the fire entirely.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The sub-genre of "some idiots ramble about nuclear radiation effects on life forms. And then a creature eats them" does not provide us with quality films, but this one was the worst one I can recall.

I do believe that even Ed Wood would call this lazy filmmaking.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

BDawg posted:

Loved Octaman! My wife and I were hoping to have the theater to ourselves, but our theater was packed

Theatre sex during Rifftrax? Not kink shaming, but that’s some wild poo poo right there!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ugh, syncing these things is a pain. i bough the krull riff and i can't get it to sync up properly.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

BDawg posted:

Loved Octaman! My wife and I were hoping to have the theater to ourselves, but our theater was packed. We were on the back row and there was 1 empty seat on that row. The only rows that were empty were the first 2.

This was a Regal cinema. They even had an Octaman poster in the lobby.

They’re a good theater. A couple of years ago for Whizzo, the satellite signal got messed up and they couldn’t get the show. They offered to refund our money, let us sit in for a replay of Carnival of Souls and gave us passes to a future movie (not just RiffTrax).

uh, do you live in raleigh? if so, i'm sorry for laughing like that.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Were you at the Briar Creek theater? If so, it was noticeable, but I've shared a live show with far worse.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Paper Kaiju posted:

Were you at the Briar Creek theater? If so, it was noticeable, but I've shared a live show with far worse.

yeah, i'm the guy who would laugh and then cough. I hosed up my throat by screaming a few years ago, so when i laugh i start coughing.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

These shows attract the worst audiences.

I feel like a dick for posting this, so for context, there was a guy sitting behind me last night who took a phone call about 20 minutes into the movie.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Something I didn't realize until I got back from the show and did a bit of research was that the writer/director on Octaman was also a writer on Creature from the Black Lagoon. Which makes sense; Octaman feels like a remake of Creature with absolutely none of the creative spark or filmmaking acumen.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Mycroft Holmes posted:

ugh, syncing these things is a pain. i bough the krull riff and i can't get it to sync up properly.

If you look around, there are torrents of all of their commentaries perfectly mixed and synced to rips of the movies. You paid them, so there’s nothing wrong with grabbing the file to make your life easier!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Deadguy2322 posted:

If you look around, there are torrents of all of their commentaries perfectly mixed and synced to rips of the movies. You paid them, so there’s nothing wrong with grabbing the file to make your life easier!

haven't been able to find one for krull, though. lol that krull is the one movie so bad no one will torrent it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Are you using their app?

It listens to the audio from the movie, then automatically syncs the riff. We usually run it through a smartphone connected to a BT speaker.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Geoj posted:

Are you using their app?

It listens to the audio from the movie, then automatically syncs the riff. We usually run it through a smartphone connected to a BT speaker.

i tried that. it listened to the movie for 10 minutes and did gently caress all.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

haven't been able to find one for krull, though. lol that krull is the one movie so bad no one will torrent it.

try searching for bsg4you [ONLY IF YOU LEGALLY OWN THE FILM AND RIFF]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Krull was intensely my jam as a movie and the only time Ive ever written to (and got a response from) the Rifftrax crew because the company I worked for at the time got mentioned in the jokes and loved it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Breadallelogram posted:

try searching for bsg4you [ONLY IF YOU LEGALLY OWN THE FILM AND RIFF]

i just did. he hasn't put it out. again, lol that krull is a movie so bad no one torrented it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Mycroft Holmes posted:

No, but close. Greensboro.

It wasn’t anyone with a messed up throat, just a horrible laugh.

Barudak posted:

Krull was intensely my jam as a movie and the only time Ive ever written to (and got a response from) the Rifftrax crew because the company I worked for at the time got mentioned in the jokes and loved it.

They didn’t reply to me. We attended live and I asked if I could get a copy of the credits, so I could see my family on the street. I know they can’t release the movie, but I thought I could get the show credits.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

i just did. he hasn't put it out. again, lol that krull is a movie so bad no one torrented it.

google "Krull 1080p BDRip, new sync" with quotes

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
watching reefer madness live

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Breadallelogram posted:

google "Krull 1080p BDRip, new sync" with quotes

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
It's interesting that Krull was 1983, and had a (terrible) video game tie-in a year after Tron (1982) made that poo poo work on both ends.

You can actually see the scene at about 20 minutes in that inspired the only part of the arcade game I can recall. Both terrible.