Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol just lol if you don't have a stainless steel kitchen worktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

My favorite is the concrete kitchen countertop. Good at...keeping away termites?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

peanut posted:

SMDH if your kitchen isn't constantly confused for an abattoir.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

PCjr sidecar posted:

SMDH if your kitchen isn't constantly confused for an abattoir.

Post the bathroom

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

peanut posted:

This but treated granite.

I talked my parents into getting granite countertops when I was a kid and they’ve been thanking me ever since. They’re easy to clean, they stand up to everything and they look great doing it.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/enews/status/1118637126269194247

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The sink manages to be both hideous and cool at the same time.

The bathroom itself is ridiculous. Really going for the "exotic car showroom" aesthetic.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I wonder what happens to "no backsplash" when you put literally anything under the tap instead of just letting it run uselessly. :thunk:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Perfect, a sink I can't shave with.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Aithon posted:

I wonder what happens to "no backsplash" when you put literally anything under the tap instead of just letting it run uselessly. :thunk:

You have your army of maids clean it up before your next Instagram influencer post or whatever

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

SpartanIvy posted:

You have your army of maids clean it up before your next Instagram influencer post or whatever

Job creators

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

wtf . . . .oh. huh. ok

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Notice how all of their storage is being used to house other kinds of storage.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Aithon posted:

It may not splash, but seems like it was about to pool up to the handles.

Also, the handles not being straight when turned off was bothering me. I was fine with it on my slop sink in the basement, but I'm not posting it on Instagram either.

And where is the toilet?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hope the toilet is designed along the same guidelines

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
That bathroom is loving amazing and the first one I've seen in a long time that I have a hard time pointing out aspects I don't like, which usually isn't the case for the ultra rich. The minimalism (including a hidden toilet in a shared space) is great. I would love to use it in the morning

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

That bathroom is loving amazing and the first one I've seen in a long time that I have a hard time pointing out aspects I don't like, which usually isn't the case for the ultra rich. The minimalism (including a hidden toilet in a shared space) is great. I would love to use it in the morning
NGL I do like the big windows and the view.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Aithon posted:

Aside from the aforementioned “you have the help deal with it” I’d guess that the whole room is setup like a wetroom and the floor is strategically sloped/drained in places. Notice how the showers are totally open-air and where the tub is located. Water that runs off the sinks probably winds up going down a drain somewhere, because otherwise a lot of water would pool up from a lot of different sources.

Bathrooms at the ‘money is no object’ price/showiness level have a ton of little engineering done to them and attention to detail paid by the fabricators/contractors- precisely in areas of safety and comfort. There’s nothing safe or comfortable about having Kanye’s sink water pool up on the floor and you can bet that a few extra racks were spent by whoever built the bathroom making sure that it wouldn’t happen and he could have his special sinks.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Everything about that bathroom is loving godawful and fuckugly and everyone involved in “creating” it should be lined up and shot, Kim Kardashian included.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Aside from the aforementioned “you have the help deal with it” I’d guess that the whole room is setup like a wetroom and the floor is strategically sloped/drained in places. Notice how the showers are totally open-air and where the tub is located. Water that runs off the sinks probably winds up going down a drain somewhere, because otherwise a lot of water would pool up from a lot of different sources.

Bathrooms at the ‘money is no object’ price/showiness level have a ton of little engineering done to them and attention to detail paid by the fabricators/contractors- precisely in areas of safety and comfort. There’s nothing safe or comfortable about having Kanye’s sink water pool up on the floor and you can bet that a few extra racks were spent by whoever built the bathroom making sure that it wouldn’t happen and he could have his special sinks.

All those very sharp corners don't seem super safe. I prefer rounded edges in my soap and water room.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
that rooftop softbox would be loving amazing for someone like her

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Notice how all of their storage is being used to house other kinds of storage.
I heard you like storage

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/redditspaces/status/1118956502214115332

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I also enjoyed the colored lighting effects in John Romero's hit video game 'Daikatana'

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

I'm the portrait of Trump

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
My living room is also decorated with shipping boxes, but that's because I'm in the middle of packing pre orders for the record label I distribute for, and I'm still waiting on the last batch of merch before I can finally take all this poo poo to the post office.

I COULD make it an a e s t h e t i c, but really, I'd just like to be able to have people over without directing them around the piles of unfolded cardboard.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
How is that even a "malelivingspace"? Do men just have uniquely terrible taste?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I want to Control and Destroy that living room and Synthesise a better designed one.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Enchanted Hat posted:

The ones who post on reddit about trump do

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Enchanted Hat posted:

yes

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

Everything about that bathroom is loving godawful and fuckugly and everyone involved in “creating” it should be lined up and shot, Kim Kardashian included.

All the Kardashians should be shot irregardless of their design choices

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

actionjackson posted:

All the Kardashians should be shot irregardless of their design choices

In fairness, I see the Kardashians as a symptom - destroying them would have no effect on the underlying disease.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That’s... I mean I’m not really a fan of postmodern or minimalist design, but this is at least presentable. Or it would be, if it weren’t for that lighting. And that Trump portrait.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I. M. Gei posted:

That’s... I mean I’m not really a fan of postmodern or minimalist design, but this is at least presentable. Or it would be, if it weren’t for that lighting. And that Trump portrait.

Without the lighting and the Trump portrait it's just a room from Rooms 2 Go.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

A bathroom is a weird thing to get super aggro about...

I dig that bathroom a lot from what I can see. The windows are amazing. I’m sure the sink gets pretty messy but hey if you have a live-in maid like they probably do who really cares I guess.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

stupid puma posted:

A bathroom is a weird thing to get super aggro about...
bEatmstrJ parachute account found

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’ve never been into the whole window-wall thing. There’s no privacy, the heating and A/C bills are probably insane, and unless you have a whole bunch of stained glass art it’s impossible to decorate.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

I'd kill this sink before Hitler, if I had a time machine.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

I’ve never been into the whole window-wall thing. There’s no privacy, the heating and A/C bills are probably insane, and unless you have a whole bunch of stained glass art it’s impossible to decorate.

If you have $200 million none of that is a concern. Privacy is taken care of by being rich and having dense vegetation on your walled in property. AC/heating? Lol. As for decor there’s probably a $5 million dollar painting in the hallway leading up to the bathroom. If you want decoration you can always check out the east wing of the villa, that’s where most of the art is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

On a more realistic note the point of floor to ceiling windows is the view from those windows should make decorating unnecessary.