Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

put down the evil bong for a minute and reply to my SA Mart thread!!

sorry about that lol i replied!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Survival of the Dead somehow worse than Diary

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's pretty much on par bad if not a skosh worse.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

OldTennisCourt posted:

I can't put into words how lovely Diary of the Dead is. It's every bad found footage cliche crammed with all of the worst of late era Romero.

It’s up there with Michael Mann’s Miami Vice movie in the most disappointed I’ve ever been watching a movie I really wanted to like.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The thing with the warrens is that they didn't just grift gullible soccer moms into buying stupid books and dumb communities into getting speaking engagements, their grift caused genuine harm to the families they "helped". They financially ruined people and kept them from seeking the medical help they need.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Survival is a little better because it's not pretending to be found footage horribly unconvincingly.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

For real like, yeah it was fake as poo poo but I have a lot of respect for them being fun and being 100% on brand since like, the late 50s I think they started.

I have zero respect for them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Arne_Cheyenne_Johnson

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
AHAHAHA THE ENDING HOLY gently caress

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Oh my God, everyone please find the ending to Diary of the Dead and watch it, it is the most hysterical final shot of a movie ever.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Neo Rasa posted:

Lorraine Warren has died

good

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Basebf555 posted:

What a shame

Rip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fraAN7in4

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lmao at the idea we'll be getting "For Lorane" at the end of another Conjuring movie.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

I haven't seen either Diary or Survival of the Dead since catching them in the theater when they came out, but I remember thinking Survival was the awful one and Diary was decent. I'm not a big found footage fan in general though. Now I'm wondering if Diary is one of those iffy movies that benefited from seeing it with a crowd or if I just wasn't very critical about it for whatever reason.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

deety posted:

I haven't seen either Diary or Survival of the Dead since catching them in the theater when they came out, but I remember thinking Survival was the awful one and Diary was decent. I'm not a big found footage fan in general though. Now I'm wondering if Diary is one of those iffy movies that benefited from seeing it with a crowd or if I just wasn't very critical about it for whatever reason.

I saw Diary at the show and while I'm not upset I paid theater prices to see it, I could've easily just waited for streaming. It felt like Romero was just going through the motions.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Lorraine Warren is going deep undercover this time.

gey muckle mowser posted:

put down the evil bong for a minute and reply to my SA Mart thread!!

Hey mowser I just remembered I forgot to say thanks for The Funhouse blu-ray. I still have not watched it!

EDIT: Survival of the Dead is just a passable 21st century zombie movie, which is awful considering it was Romero behind the camera. Diary of the Dead is no lie the only movie I actively fast-forwarded through the penultimate 20 minutes because loving nothing was happening.

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 19, 2019

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Easy Diff posted:

Horror Movies: Your Locked Thread is Gassed and Only I have the Moderation

Horror Movies: What Have You Done to Hollismason?

Horror Movies: Seven Bans in the Mod's Eye

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

deety posted:

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 uses 20+ minutes of footage from the first one, and if I remember right, it's only about an hour and a half long even with all that padding.
Pretty sure it's more like 45 minutes hahaha. It shows every important scene from the first one. The actual new story in 2 is only the second half of the movie :lol:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

married but discreet posted:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neo Rasa posted:

Wasn't Shampy the guy that bragged about hitting his significant other and also bragged about lying to a clerk to buy something that was on hold for an autistic kid? :wtc:

Yeah, a $15 amiibo toy. :lol:

Fuckin' class.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

married but discreet posted:

Horror Movies: Seven Bans in the Mod's Eye

Larry Cohen's Mod Told Me To... Goatse

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

ruddiger posted:

Larry Cohen's Mod Told Me To... Goatse

Hah that's good

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Splint Chesthair posted:

Hey mowser I just remembered I forgot to say thanks for The Funhouse blu-ray. I still have not watched it!

No problem, hope you enjoy it! I posted some more stuff in SA Mart if you’re looking for anything else :cool:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
just posting to remind everyone that House (and House 2) rule

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

House owns, but I remember the second one sucked.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Never seen House 1 (might change that tonight) but can confirm the second one sucks.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
The little indie theatre near me is playing 1988’s Uninvited, and I couldn’t be more depressed that I’m unable to go

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Basebf555 posted:

10 days until May 1st, you all know what that means!

It means my blu ray copy of Death Warmed Up and matching t-shirt will have hopefully shipped from Severin!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dr.Caligari posted:

The little indie theatre near me is playing 1988’s Uninvited, and I couldn’t be more depressed that I’m unable to go

drat. I've never seen that art before but it's one of the most awesome things I've seen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

House owns, but I remember the second one sucked.

House 2 is better than House, but it's not really a horror movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Wow, me either. So this may just be representing that. He has some real stinkers (Inferno, the ‘08 version of the Day the Earth Stood Still), but Sinister is decent fun and Dr. Strange had some really cool visuals.

I would love a new, bigger budget Hellraiser movie with Dr. Strange type effects.

Inferno is easily one of his best movies. Followed narrowly by Deliver Us from Evil, which is a batshit insane combination of modern Satanic panic movie and cop-aganda.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

House 2 is better than House, but it's not really a horror movie.

This is fact

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

House 1 and 2 are so loving different they're barely comparable. It's the ED 1 and 2 debate.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Fart City posted:

House 1 and 2 are so loving different they're barely comparable. It's the ED 1 and 2 debate.

Oh so House 1 is better?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kvlt! posted:

Oh so House 1 is better?

Kvlt! setting a fire and walking away here.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
House 2 is entertaining as hell.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Origami Dali posted:

House 2 is entertaining as hell.

It absolutely is, but it's a Goonies adventure flick, not a splatstick horror movie like the first.

The Second Story is a top-tier of all time subtitle, though.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fart City posted:

They made a sequel to the Matt LeBlanc Monkey Third-Baseman movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I used to watch House 2 all the drat time as a kid. That evil county was rad.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Easy Diff posted:

They made a sequel to the Matt LeBlanc Monkey Third-Baseman movie?

In the sequel the monkey drives a Taxi cab.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Army of Darkness is better than Evil Dead (2013). The ranking is like:

Evil Dead 2
Evil Dead
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead (2013)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Untrustable posted:

Army of Darkness is better than Evil Dead (2013). The ranking is like:

Evil Dead 2
Evil Dead
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead (2013)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Me, 24 hours ago: the new chucky movie looks pretty cool :kiddo:
Me now, having watched every single chucky movie since, for some reason: death to false idols

But nah it still looks fun and has a great cast. Keen to see Mancini's TV show.

Here's a Chucky power ranking, since that's a thing that seems to have overtaken this thread

1. Bride of Chucky
2. Child's Play 2
3. Cult of Chucky
4. Seed of Chucky
5. Curse of Chucky
6. Child's Play
7. Child's Play 3

The ending to Cult boomed me.