Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

gtkor posted:

At the end of the day, none of us own a football club (your 1 ceremonial share in some Spanish 9th tier club doesn't count). Should always take the side of the people actually turning up when it comes to ticket prices,/subsidized rail, etc.

Oh, agreed. I wish American sporting event prices weren't so awful. And I hope that European clubs continue to mostly not dick over their supporters when it comes to ticket prices. But generally big-time owners are evil money grubbing assholes so if expect them to try to import the badness to Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
NFL is the most expensive sport due to the low amount of home games. Other sports are more accesible

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In the NFL a home game in the conference finals is going to be priced much higher than a regular season game. It’s a big ticket item just like the UCL semis.

It’s great that European owners aren’t actively trying to milk more money out of game days but if they raised prices 50% that match is still selling out

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

T Bowl posted:

The 2-3 challenges a game would be ideal with VAR. Also the elation to depression is hilarious and awesome and a good thing for the emotional aspect. You'll love it when you're on the other end and feel crushed and then all of a sudden lifted after a decision is reversed.

That was an incredible experience but I don't want to have an emotional swing like that ever again.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, agreed. I wish American sporting event prices weren't so awful. And I hope that European clubs continue to mostly not dick over their supporters when it comes to ticket prices. But generally big-time owners are evil money grubbing assholes so if expect them to try to import the badness to Europe.

It'll fail, European football fans aren't quite the suckers of capitalist cock that American sports fans apparently are (we stop at just fondling the balls at the moment). They'll either boycott or just stop going and let soulless novelty visitors take the seats and ruin the atmosphere which the clubs loving hate because it's right there on TV. They're already gouging fans at most of the top clubs, if they try to turn the screw anymore there'd be hell, because it's the proper die hards that still endure whatever hardship is required to turn up every week.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
i love that we americans are so used to getting hosed and gouged by billionaire owners setting exorbitant ticket prices, personal seat licenses, 20 dollar beer, 15 dollar nachos, etc. that we feel ok defending europeans getting hosed the exact same way.

i wish none of us were getting hosed and gouged and we could enjoy supporting our clubs without paying a loving arm and a leg

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Homura posted:

i love that we americans are so used to getting hosed and gouged by billionaire owners setting exorbitant ticket prices, personal seat licenses, 20 dollar beer, 15 dollar nachos, etc. that we feel ok defending europeans getting hosed the exact same way.

i wish none of us were getting hosed and gouged and we could enjoy supporting our clubs without paying a loving arm and a leg

Don't get me wrong, we're nearly there, concessions are a ripoff and usually poo poo but the screw is turned about as tight as it can be before fans start throwing seats at the director's box. A lot of fans (myself included) have already voted with their feet. Season ticket holders being held to ransom over cup tickets and if you didn't pay up you risked losing your next league seat was the last straw for me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

Don't get me wrong, we're nearly there, concessions are a ripoff and usually poo poo but the screw is turned about as tight as it can be before fans start throwing seats at the director's box. A lot of fans (myself included) have already voted with their feet. Season ticket holders being held to ransom over cup tickets and if you didn't pay up you risked losing your next league seat was the last straw for me.

There has been a recent push in the US to make going to sporting events more accessible. Atlanta United(MLS) and their parent the Atlanta Falcons have made concessions much more affordable this year. I can’t speak to their ticket prices but they offer concessions at a much more affordable rate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=.d61151f82629

In that article they say concession sales have gone up 50% with no real loss. Shockingly people are more inclined to buy things if they’re cheaper.

Atlanta United plays on turf because they’re in an NFL stadium so still gently caress them.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The FA have moved Spurs and Liverpool's games to accommodate for the CL semis.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress yeah.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

CyberPingu posted:

there must be balance in the universe, I fully expect that city will avoid losing points in the league with some blatant offside miss or something

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
randomly remembering that one of tottenham or ajax will be in the final this year :feelsgood:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
the possibility of tottenham is the final is not a good feel

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1123108973350199297?s=19

who wants to tell them?

e: taken down so here's a screenshot

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 30, 2019

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Whatever it was, I think someone already did. They've deleted it.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

brasstassels posted:

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1123108973350199297?s=19

who wants to tell them?

e: taken down so here's a screenshot

Lmao. Incredible stuff

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

pik_d posted:

Whatever it was, I think someone already did. They've deleted it.

Must’ve gone to VAR.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Jesus how do you gently caress that up

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Jesus how do you gently caress that up

Augero couldn't stay onside

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm pretty hyped for today's game.

Going to spend half my working afternoon watching, try to stop me, fellow office-mates.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm pretty hyped for today's game.

Going to spend half my working afternoon watching, try to stop me, fellow office-mates.

Why are you in an office at 9 pm

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

Shut up.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1123282751904452610

https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1123282364917067776

you'd never believe this, but i have my doubts about Poch's choice going into this

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Spurs' bench lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Is Son suspended for this tie? Injured?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

oliwan posted:

I live elsewhere, boyo.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Is Son suspended for this tie? Injured?

yellow card accumulation, back for the 2nd leg

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Sissoko not starting is bad news. We really need someone to carry the ball out of midfield and having him would free Eriksen up to play a more advanced role

e: also call up Troy Parrott or something ffs we need attackers

e2: never mind he wouldn't be part of the CL squad anyway. Janssen isn't either, right?

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 30, 2019

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Come on you Spurs

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

brasstassels posted:

Sissoko not starting is bad news. We really need someone to carry the ball out of midfield and having him would free Eriksen up to play a more advanced role

It's bad, but I think putting Llorente out there from the start is worse. Spurs are going to get pressed a ton and he can't run

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

gtkor posted:

It's bad, but I think putting Llorente out there from the start is worse. Spurs are going to get pressed a ton and he can't run

god I'm anxious. Wanyama is gonna be hounded whenever he's on the ball. really missing Dembele right now

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
4 of our guys were Ajax? no kidding.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I hope we don't get dicked on but I think we are going to get dicked on lol

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I'd take a goalless draw tonight. Ajax are really really really good.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
remember when Frenkie said he almost signed for us last summer?

what a missed opportunity

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Spurs will look like they're getting dicked on, but then will claw their way back and will be in the final.

This is a TyChan Prediction.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
TO DARE IS
TO POO

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
announcers are already criticising ajax for not shooting

how have they not learned their game plan by now

jeebus bob