Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Has Caleb ever actually apologized for doing stupid poo poo like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

If you want meltdowns, go to the reddit thread where people are sacrificing themselves to the altar of "everyone says racial slurs all the time in private"

HEATED

GAMER

MOMENT

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think twitch might be getting a bit tougher on that. they banned racist nutjob nick fuentes after he appeared on a twitch politics debate (of course youtube still lets him host his show where he makes holocaust denial dogwhistles).

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Has Caleb ever actually apologized for doing stupid poo poo like this?

He always makes dumb half apologies or non apologies if anything.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

I managed to find this:

https://streamable.com/pmqq7

Warning: it's very anticlimactic.

It's weird that this gets him banned rather than all his other poo poo. Don't get me wrong, he's an rear end in a top hat and deserves this but it's like catching Al Capone for tax evasion.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Someone said it was during the Twitch Rivals Sekiro challenge as well, and the dates match up and have him listed as a participant.

https://smash.gg/tournament/twitch-rivals-sekiro-challenge/details

I didn't even know he played that. He was on the Megaman 11 one and did terribly in that too. Looks like he's just hopping on whatever is hot lately.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

when i went to AGDQ 2019 i sat in the audience for the MMX1-3 relay race and i cheered for the teams that DIDN'T have caleb in them!!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

I managed to find this:

https://streamable.com/pmqq7

Warning: it's very anticlimactic.

It's weird that this gets him banned rather than all his other poo poo. Don't get me wrong, he's an rear end in a top hat and deserves this but it's like catching Al Capone for tax evasion.

He’s clearly not racist; he’s just a fan of Jackie Chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsJIUJjQ4OA

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm more excited to see a Hylics speedrun involving liberal use of death than I should be. Someone said there's been one already? Is there a link to it anywhere?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

If you've never seen it, save the first time for GDQ.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Double Punctuation posted:

He’s clearly not racist; he’s just a fan of Jackie Chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsJIUJjQ4OA

Hard r tho

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
He's responded on twitter in video form and I guess still true to himself features no apology or regret for his actions. Comments that follow are what you expect: "locker room talk," "it's like when we said 'that's gay'", alt-right brony, etc.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://twitter.com/iantothemax/status/1119347503147577344?s=19

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think this Caleb thing is really interesting. This case is pretty clear cut because he broadcast himself saying something racist (he didn't say it contemporaneously, and he streamed it unintentionally, but that doesn't matter), but what if he was on the other end of the conversation and was speaking with someone racist without actually saying anything racist, is that bannable? What's Twitch's policy on having racist slurs and stuff pop up in messaging windows from people trying to get you in trouble? I wish there was a gamer supreme court, i'd love to hear a More Perfect style podcast about it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sage Grimm posted:

He's responded on twitter in video form and I guess still true to himself features no apology or regret for his actions. Comments that follow are what you expect: "locker room talk," "it's like when we said 'that's gay'", alt-right brony, etc.

Is he seriously still doing the brony thing now? Christ even the people who do conventions for the bronies are shutting things down these days.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think you misread that, or maybe I'm misreading you. I don't think Caleb is a brony, but there are bronies in his replies defending him.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Found the clip from last fall, his chat making transphobic alt accounts, then donating so they get up on stream and he read it out, then chuckled and didn't ban them. I've posted it before.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324630293602369538/568929121753890846/Caleb-vod-290774177-offset-8220.mp4

Its no wonder Proto has a grudge against gdq. Even after this stream, Caleb got a run accepted at the next event.

Oh nice forum embeds discord links now, sorry its kinda big.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Found the clip from last fall, his chat making transphobic alt accounts, then donating so they get up on stream and he read it out, then chuckled and didn't ban them. I've posted it before.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324630293602369538/568929121753890846/Caleb-vod-290774177-offset-8220.mp4

Its no wonder Proto has a grudge against gdq. Even after this stream, Caleb got a run accepted at the next event.

Oh nice forum embeds discord links now, sorry its kinda big.

lol what a piece of poo poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
really weird how the guy who got so mad at the pew pew game that he started punching himself repeatedly and broke nes controllers is some kind of loving dumbass lmao

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

(From the replies to Caleb non-apology)
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/962169824163061761

I can't believe how many people are just "Stay strong Caleb! It's bullshit they're doing this to you!" instead of "You're an idiot."

Like, even if you're a fan of someone, you don't have to worship everything they do. You can disagree with them, and even call them out for doing stupid poo poo. I don't know why people don't get that.

Although I guess the kinds of people that are fans of Caleb Hart in 2019 are probably the kind of people who think it's a pretty okay thing to say as long as you're IN PRIVATE and those SNOWFLAKES don't go all SOY on you or whatever people say now.

He was saying that to Carcinogen too. I didn't realize they were friends. Hopefully he's not a chud too, I loved Carci's RE7 run at A/SGDQ and his streams are fun.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Goddamnit not carci

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Goddamnit not carci

I mean I wouldn't jump to conclusions. He was just the recipient of a garbage message, and he's always seemed pretty alright.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dont worry michael, those haters are just trying to get you down, besides in certain japan prefectures the age of consent...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah, im glad Carci didn't really engage with him or anything at least

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

So apparently Caleb got banned from Twitch for racism. What a surprise.

Good.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 16, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
id like to think its sort of like a kevinddr situation where hes just kinda there but thats a direct message.

oh and by the way i heard kevinddr had to shut down either his twitch or twitter because people kept harassing him after he said something bad about nazis or whatever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh was that a pm? i was on my phone and just saw a grainy vid of discord for a sec

thats kinda disappointing

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Kevin decided to close his twitch, still on Twitter but he plans on focusing more on his account that will be mostly in Japanese

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

I've been looking for this one for a while, thanks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Kevin decided to close his twitch, still on Twitter but he plans on focusing more on his account that will be mostly in Japanese

america doesnt deserve a tetris grandmaster

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats sad, kevin is a really good guy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that's unfortunate i enjoyed watching kevin's tetris 99 streams on occasion

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
carci has never struck me as a chud from any of my interactions with him but I've not really known him to ever have the energy for that sort of thing so he probably just couldn't be hosed to be confrontational about the one message or something especially since they were in the middle of Twitch Rivals

anyway yeah caleb's put out his half-assed apology vid which I genuinely laughed at due to how he said that "spreading negativity will not make the situation better" and described it as a "learning experience" like he has done the past four times where some stupid poo poo has exited his mouth.

in the meantime here's a punchy speedupdate which is that since being accepted into GDQ that seemed about a good a moment as any to knock sometime off this record

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1119018849087700992

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

really weird how the guy who got so mad at the pew pew game that he started punching himself repeatedly and broke nes controllers is some kind of loving dumbass lmao
First of all, gently caress Caleb.
Secondly, however, I'd like to point out that we really shouldn't judge people based on how they present themselves. Even with chuds, however much I hate them, self-harm and anger management problems can stem from all sorts of personal issues which they're better off working out than letting ruin themselves.
People have to acknowledge they have a problem first, though - and that can be hard.

:ninja:edit: It's probably especially hard when you're a chud because when you're a chud you've got a whole set of ideas that everyone else knows to be all kinds of hosed up :thunk:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Doesn't carci have a forums account? I'm sure he could just post if he felt like he needed to explain what was going on

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it really is incredible how many of these guys gently caress up when they have one of the easiest jobs in the world.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fadam posted:

I think you misread that, or maybe I'm misreading you. I don't think Caleb is a brony, but there are bronies in his replies defending him.

Coulda sworn he'd done some dumb bullshit a number of years ago where he said he was really into the pony show in the wake of another meltdown on stream.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think the question was more "is he still into it?" as the fact that Caleb used to be a brony was pretty well known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
"Does the racist, transphobic tire fire of a person still like the kids' cartoon" seems like a real weird thing to think about when there's just, everything else about him.