Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NtotheTC posted:

See THAT is method acting Jared Leto. not mailing condoms to people.

Note to Jared Leto: this was a joke, do not modest anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Too late, he molested some girls while he was a singer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Goddamnit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But he was pretty modest about it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i guess apple didnt want me to write molest :shrug:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

They must figure you’re planning something, knowing you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

freeedr posted:

They must figure you’re planning something, knowing you

ew no gently caress off that's not funny

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Davros1 posted:

Friday the 13th Part 4: at the beginning Tommy's mom tells him to get a haircut, and the end he cuts/shaves his head to resemble young Jason.

Heh, I don't think I ever picked up on that.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

ew no gently caress off that's not funny

I will punch your mouth

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

freeedr posted:

I will punch your mouth

why

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

Tim Apple is a pawn of the liberal elite and does not want to upset his overlords in their ivory towers

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Warbird has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Apr 28, 2019

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Minor Avengers Endgame spoilers:

There's a short scene toward the end where most of the female characters get together and kick rear end for a bit. I feel like they had to have added that scene just to piss off the anti feminist basement nerds, and hell, I loved it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nostradingus posted:

There's a short scene toward the end where most of the female characters get together and kick rear end for a bit. I feel like they had to have added that scene just to piss off the anti feminist basement nerds, and hell, I loved it.

There were a whole bunch of subtle moments and callbacks all through the film. For example, a lot of the dialogue is repeated from the earlier films. Eg: Steve and Bucky doing the "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone" "I can't, you're taking all the stupid with you" exchange from the Captain America: The First Avenger film, with the roles reversed.

Also there's lots of stuff that was alluded to in earlier films that finally get paid off including a bunch of really obvious things, but also subtle things like Peter Parker finally getting that hug from Tony Stark (he thought he was getting a hug in Homecoming but Tony was just reaching over to open the car door.)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Nostradingus posted:

I thought the same thing when the three Wakandans were the first to show up through the portals.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were a whole bunch of subtle moments and callbacks all through the film.

"I could do this all day." "Yeah, yeah, I know." or whatever the line was was a nice touch.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Endgame: Hail Hydra

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were a whole bunch of subtle moments and callbacks all through the film.

Steve getting in the elevator, and the camera cutting to a shot of one of the guys nervously touching his sidearm, exactly the same as in Winter Soldier

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
EndGame: not subtle in the least but I liked how Stark’s last words (aside from death mumbles) were his last words in Iron Man.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Endgame big ol' spoilers One thing I really liked was the music choice for the scene where Cap is dancing with his girl. The song is "It's been a long, long time", and damned if that doesn't fit perfectly.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Endgame: it was nice to see the kid from Iron Man 3 at Tony's funeral.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Had to Google who it was, but retroactively I was happy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pilchenstein posted:

Okay, my friends and I were wracking our brains trying to figure out who that was. He's framed alone and the camera lingers like we are supposed to recognize him.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, my friends and I were wracking our brains trying to figure out who that was. He's framed alone and the camera lingers like we are supposed to recognize him.

Same boat here.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Inzombiac posted:

Yah me too. I knew I recognised him from *somewhere* but for the life of me couldn't figure out where.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
They had a connection 😢

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nostradingus posted:

On a similar note The only two heros shown to actually overpower Thanos are two women; Scarlet Witch actually forces his sword back, peels off his armor and makes Thanos desperate enough to bombard the battlefield. Captain Marvel forces him to take a knee, no-sells a headbutt and looked like she was on the verge of ripping his hand off until she gets blasted by the power stone.

I'm sure the fact that they both got their powers from an Infinity Stone is relevant.

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Apr 30, 2019

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

YET MORE ENDGAME

I'm pretty sure that Foggy from Daredevil shows up briefly. In the scene where Cap is having the support group meeting, I'm sure that one of the actors is the guy who played Foggy. Then again, I'm also pretty sure that I briefly saw Juggernaut walking about in the New Asgard bit, before Hulk and Rocket turned up to Thor's hall, so there's a chance that I've just been drinking too much antifreeze.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Endgame: Howard the Duck was in the final battle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flint_Paper posted:

YET MORE ENDGAME

I'm pretty sure that Foggy from Daredevil shows up briefly. In the scene where Cap is having the support group meeting, I'm sure that one of the actors is the guy who played Foggy. Then again, I'm also pretty sure that I briefly saw Juggernaut walking about in the New Asgard bit, before Hulk and Rocket turned up to Thor's hall, so there's a chance that I've just been drinking too much antifreeze.

It's not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That said, Jim Starlin, the creator of Thanos, is on that scene.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flint_Paper posted:

YET MORE ENDGAME

I'm pretty sure that Foggy from Daredevil shows up briefly. In the scene where Cap is having the support group meeting, I'm sure that one of the actors is the guy who played Foggy.
Not according to any source I can find. On the other hand, I did just find out that he plays a DC supervillain Doomsday in a Max Landis youtube video about Superman :v:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That said, Jim Starlin, the creator of Thanos, is on that scene.
Also the guy in that scene who is talking about going on a date with a dude is director Joe Russo

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Endgame:

This was kind of a ‘blink and you miss it’ moment but there’s a bit during the final battle that seemed to be there for the people who still read the comics. During the recent “Thanos Wins” arc that takes place in the far future after Thanos has already killed almost all of the universe, there’s a flashback to the time when he assaulted Earth. In that flashback there’s a panel where he kills Iron Man by gripping his upper and lower halves and pulling them apart. During the Endgame third act battle there’s a point where he grabs Iron Man in the exact same way and looks like he’s going to recreate that panel before someone else interrupts him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OK, so I haven't seen any of the Avengers movies, or any MCU movies outside of Iron Man 1. I just wanted to ask a very small question... Why the hell does Thanos want to wipe out everyone? Is there any sort of real, understandable-but-still-bad motivation there?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

OK, so I haven't seen any of the Avengers movies, or any MCU movies outside of Iron Man 1. I just wanted to ask a very small question... Why the hell does Thanos want to wipe out everyone? Is there any sort of real, understandable-but-still-bad motivation there?

In the comics it's because he wants to gently caress the literal embodiment of Death.

In the MCU movies, it's because one time his planet had some overpopulation issues so he's gonna halve the galaxy to fix it forever.

Yes, somehow. the second one does make less sense than the first.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

In the movies it's because he's really fuckin' bad at both math and biology and doesn't understand that life reproduces exponentially so wiping out half of everyone is just a blip on the scale of history.

In the original story it's because he's got a mad obsessive crush on Death, who recognizes him for the gross big purple dork he is and snubs him completely. He wants to kill half of all life as a gift for her, NOTICE ME SENPAI~~~ style.

e:f;b

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Notably, he does it (manually) to Gamora's planet and we know in Guardians it completely failed because she's the last of her species.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Watch thiz clip from Infinity War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM-DoO84Sf4

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

The MCU version at least is basically an eco-terrorist on a galactic scale who actually has the power to achieve those goals.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

Connor4real has a mishap on stage that ends up with him totally nude in front of thousands of people.

Backstage, he argues with people about what went wrong. On the TV behind him is news about oil prices rising 30% in four days, and the possibility of the government shutting down. It's immediately interrupted by TMZ-style reporting on his concert accident.

Just thought it was a nice little dig at celebrity news/breaking news and how scandals can sometime overshadow really important things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

food court bailiff posted:

In the movies it's because he's really fuckin' bad at both math and biology and doesn't understand that life reproduces exponentially so wiping out half of everyone is just a blip on the scale of history.

In the original story it's because he's got a mad obsessive crush on Death, who recognizes him for the gross big purple dork he is and snubs him completely. He wants to kill half of all life as a gift for her, NOTICE ME SENPAI~~~ style.

e:f;b

Sorta. His idea is that sentient life would "appreciate" what he did and self-correct their population issues. Basically saying the snap would be a wake-up call.

Clearly he's never met humans, a species who are defiant against... everything and who would bone-down extra hard just to spite him.