Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rockcity posted:

Try living in Florida. It's basically impossible to not have to shower every day 10 months of the year unless you straight up don't leave the house. In the summer, a 30 second walk from the car into a building here will leave you sweaty.

Yep. I live in gym shorts from May to December. The atmosphere just sticks to you as soon as you leave an AC environment.

More bike toys; Garmin etrex 30x for navigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Magic Underwear posted:

It's truly amazing that rational athiest goons making a deece six figgies touching computers are so quick to believe absolute nonsense like "i don't sweat any more after not using deodorant". It is absolutely delusional, no different than the schizoid with the unshakable faith that God is telling him to strangle the neighbors cat, which is incidentally what you smell like, a dead cat.

Skipping a shower isn't going to hurt if you work a desk job and don't exercise in between but no loving amount of microdosed lsd is going to change the basic physiology that you loving reek if you don't use deodorant for weeks on end.

they don't teach critical thinking in stem classes

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Dropped a ton on this, going to get healthy again

Guilty has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Apr 19, 2019

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Bottom Liner posted:

Yep. I live in gym shorts from May to December. The atmosphere just sticks to you as soon as you leave an AC environment.

More bike toys; Garmin etrex 30x for navigation

Wow the new mobile elder scrolls is lookin' dope

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Uh oh.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Roasting things is the best. These insta-pot assholes don't know poo poo.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
In celebration of The Captain coming back home.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That picture of a bone-in roast doesn’t seem to have a bone...in.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

That picture of a bone-in roast doesn’t seem to have a bone...in.

A good butcher cuts the bone off but then trusses back on so it is easy to remove when plating, but protects the meat from oven temps. The picture is a plated standing rib roast. :science:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyways, I haven't bathed today but also I don't smell. Maybe in my crotch and stink crevasse but there's no way that it's powerful enough to offend anyone nearby.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

yeah no reason to expect a goon crotch to ever be near another human

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

not a goon

Trying to add all Jim Jarmusch's stuff to my collection

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

not a goon

Trying to add all Jim Jarmusch's stuff to my collection

You're gonna stick Ghost Dog in your taint?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

Anyways, I haven't bathed today but also I don't smell. Maybe in my crotch and stink crevasse but there's no way that it's powerful enough to offend anyone nearby.

I hate to keep up this derail, but this is what every stinky person thinks. Nobody goes out into public thinking they reek of BO, but they do. Even if you can’t smell your own funk, the rest of can. If you CAN smell yourself, then everyone else definitely can and loving hates you for it. Please put on some deodorant; if not for yourself, for the rest of us.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What is the etiquette for brunch where people do a morning jog or yoga whatever and go to a packed brunch place and they stink because they are still wearing the same workout clothes.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

Mu Zeta posted:

What is the etiquette for brunch where people do a morning jog or yoga whatever and go to a packed brunch place and they stink because they are still wearing the same workout clothes.

Sit on the patio

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Go through the car wash with everyone sitting in the back of a pickup truck like in Dazed and Confuzed

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

If you’re the one running, eat with your elbows up to aerate your pits.

Otherwise, nothing?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

If you are the smelly people, go chill somewhere until you dry out at least and then get in line.

I once did a really intense day hike and was kinda unprepared for it (a friend took me and was way more experienced). When we got back to base, my lizard brain took over and I beelined it to the closest burger place.

It wasn't until I was nearly done that I realized how bad I smelled. 10 hours of hiking in August doesn't make you a very nice dinner guest.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
If you smell, you don’t realize how bad you smell if you’re used to it. See: smokers.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
It's the same people that think you don't need to wash jeans and that putting them in the freezer makes them not smell or whatever. Same as cat owners and smokers of both types. Y'all funky and smell bad and/or your apartment smells bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The worst are bird owners. Every single one claims "no one can even tell I have birds!" even though their entire place and clothes smell like bird poo poo.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Bottom Liner posted:

Hey! Oh wait... that's accurate :smith:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Help I’ve wasted my entire candle budget!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Queen Combat posted:

It's the same people that think you don't need to wash jeans and that putting them in the freezer makes them not smell or whatever. Same as cat owners and smokers of both types. Y'all funky and smell bad and/or your apartment smells bad.

People put jeans in the freezer?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

beanieson posted:

Untreated jeans that are impossible to wash, if I remember correctly.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

beanieson posted:

Raw denim is a weird hole to go down.

Just use Nature’s Miracle to de-stink your jeans

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.businessinsider.com/levis-ceo-dont-wash-your-jeans-2014-5

In the past, Levi's has suggested freezing your jeans instead of putting them in a washing machine. The company told Elle Magazine that doing this once a month would keep jeans from smelling bad.

Not washing jeans has become somewhat of a craze.

TV host Anderson Cooper said he wears the same pair daily and only washes them once a year.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just was on cold/delicate and hang dry, it’s not that difficult. I’ve worn selvedge jeans for most of the last 6 years.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not impossible but washing them affects the natural contrasting fades created from wearing them. I wash mine but not very often. I wash them more frequently as they get older though. I rotate them in and out and hang them between wears. I don’t do anything like put them in the freezer. I do occasionally hit them with febreeze though.

Also that KTM Duke owns. Some good bikes getting posted in here lately. I really need to get my SV fixed.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I have two identical pairs of raw denim Levi’s that I hand wash like once a year. In the summer I’ll wear them into the ocean for a salt water bath, then hand wash with just cold water, then freeze once dry for a night. This achieves “sick fades”. I’ll also put a pair in the freezer for a weekend after a couple months of wear.

My partner, my friends, and my coworkers are all very crunchy so I could very well smell like a hippie and not be aware of it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Solution: Don't wear jeans. Wear slacks, they are nicer and more business like anyway.

Same with t-shirts, just wear polos instead. They look and feel better, and are made of better material.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Aramek posted:

Solution: Don't wear jeans. Wear slacks, they are nicer and more business like anyway.

Same with t-shirts, just wear polos instead. They look and feel better, and are made of better material.

Also NEVER put your phone in your pocket, get a belt holster for it instead

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lol polos

The correct answer is chinos and button ups you fuggin goon

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My solution is to wear jeans, but not be a weirdo about raw denim or fades. It's a tent material that miners wore so they could stand in muddy creeks with pockets full of metal.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Full tracksuits are the only solution. Sinbad knew.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Solice Kirsk posted:

My solution is to wear jeans, but not be a weirdo about raw denim or fades.

This is the correct answer. Just lmao if you buy into the hype of having the "right" fade. But you don't have to wash your jeans after every wear either, wash them when they are dirty and/or smelly. Just change trousers every day and let them air out between wears. Speaking of which, try owning more than like one pair of trousers. "But what if I can't afford multiple pairs of $300+ Japanese vintage loom selvedge raw denim jeans?" you ask, well if you can't afford them then you don't need luxury jeans, wear something cheaper.

Jesus.

Back on topic. Bought some summer watch straps:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

My solution is to wear jeans, but not be a weirdo about raw denim or fades.
Yeah, this. I actually bought new jeans yesterday but they aren't raw/selvedge. They're just normal, average jeans so I'm not going to post a picture.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think people don't wash their jeans to save the environment. The Levi's CEO guy is bragging about how they have a new process of creating jeans using very little water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
sic transit denim, bitch