Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

BigHead posted:

How is Dragon's Dogma? Had anyone put in any time on pc? I like skyrim, it seems a bit like that so I'll get it, but not if someone says it sucks balls.

I have bought this game on PS3, PS4, and Steam and I still cant answer that question. I dont know why but it just a game that I compulsively buy thinking that I will love it but then never play it. Im hoping that changes on Switch since I already preordered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I know that this is an old release, but I just bought the Labo Robot kit, and one of the slim grommet is missing. Is there a substitute I could use for it?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 20, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

loudog999 posted:

I have bought this game on PS3, PS4, and Steam and I still cant answer that question. I dont know why but it just a game that I compulsively buy thinking that I will love it but then never play it. Im hoping that changes on Switch since I already preordered it.

Please, buy Legend of Grimrock or Stranger of Sword City or some other game in its genre at least

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Barudak posted:

Please, buy Legend of Grimrock or Stranger of Sword City or some other game in its genre at least

I have Grimrock on IOS. Never heard of Stranger of Sword City but will look into it. Is there an a name for a person that likes to hoard games that they may eventually play but never do? If so, I am defiantly that thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foehammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rNzEpPLE0

Who is the magic goon that keeps wishing these things into existence?

No loving way :magical:.

Here's hoping they don't end it on a goddamn cliffhanger this time...

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I remember buying FFX on release on the PS2 and being totally hooked. I’ve since tried it on other systems and just can’t get into it. Here I am, yet again, with the Switch version and, yet again, the tedium has set in.

Does it suddenly open up and get good somewhere? I’ve just got to the bit where I’m going to have to blitzball for the first time. Should I keep at it, or just give up and hit the FFX-2 fanservice like I usually end up doing?

(I’m old and my memory’s poo poo!)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

snograt posted:

I remember buying FFX on release on the PS2 and being totally hooked. I’ve since tried it on other systems and just can’t get into it. Here I am, yet again, with the Switch version and, yet again, the tedium has set in.

Does it suddenly open up and get good somewhere? I’ve just got to the bit where I’m going to have to blitzball for the first time. Should I keep at it, or just give up and hit the FFX-2 fanservice like I usually end up doing?

I'm a huge FFX fanboy and I will admit that the first couple of hours are not super great.
Good story but you do feel the urge to get into the more open world.

But it's so worth it. Please just stick with it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

snograt posted:

you're to the good poo poo, just play like 15-20 hours of blitzball now

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I have the RPG itch, which is going to scratch better, Torna or Vesperia?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ugh just wiped again on another air drop. DoS is hard. And it's pretty much zombiu, where you're stuff is gone after you die a second time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Deponia is $40? And only the first game?

That's insane. You can buy the trilogy on steam/gog for under $10 pretty consistently.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Deponia is $40? And only the first game?

That's insane. You can buy the trilogy on steam/gog for under $10 pretty consistently.

Steam is a different story because no one plays PC games, but yeah, the switch tax is getting out of control.

I just got Diablo 3 UHD 4K Eternal Collection on PS4 for $12 and Nintendo is running a "sale" at $39.99.

MSRP for DOOM, Wolfenstein, Skyrim, etc. is still $59.99.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$40 will just scare people away. $20 would still be profitable, I'm sure. And that is more likely to get people to play and buy the follow up games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Foehammer posted:

holyy gently caress

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

You should not pay any amount of money for Deponia.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

There's no way to check my wish list remotely right? I got Gold points expiring, on the 30th so it's fine, but I want to queue my purchases for when I get back from Easter weekend.

I'll probably do a slew of cheap purchases instead of one big one but I don't exactly remember every title on the list.

Probably going with Baba, Wargroove, and very possibly SV. Maybe FFVII but I can't remember what I had up there.

I want to get Dark souls but that's going to be a physical purchase. Dragon's Dogma has me curious... But at the same time I remember Skyrim less and less fondly these days so I'm not sure if I want to be bothered. I can't remember what I have on my wish list besides those titles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HMS Beagle posted:

You should not pay any amount of money for Deponia.

Seconding this; do not buy Deponia. It is an awful and offensive game that nobody should subject themselves to or give money to the creator.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I got Deponia for free via Humble Bundle or some nonsense and I felt ripped off. It is a garbage rear end game.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seconding this; do not buy Deponia. It is an awful and offensive game that nobody should subject themselves to or give money to the creator.

So I don't know anything about it other than it costing $40 for one game when the PS4 version is $40 for FOUR games. Switch tax is real y'all.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's offensive about it? I know nothing about the series but it looked like a light hearted point and click adventure when it first started coming onto Steam years back.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's offensive about it? I know nothing about the series but it looked like a light hearted point and click adventure when it first started coming onto Steam years back.

It gets really racist and sexist. The only thing legitimately good about it is the art.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't even get that, cause the art all looks like Tim Buckley drew it

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Steam is a different story because no one plays PC games, but yeah, the switch tax is getting out of control.

I just got Diablo 3 UHD 4K Eternal Collection on PS4 for $12 and Nintendo is running a "sale" at $39.99.

MSRP for DOOM, Wolfenstein, Skyrim, etc. is still $59.99.

Saints Row III is gonna cost $40 on the Switch.

No, seriously.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It gets really racist and sexist. The only thing legitimately good about it is the art.

Not only that but from the first game the protagonist is an insufferable rear end in a top hat long before the extremely sexist second part and the horrifying racism in the third.

There's also some transphobic humor in the first part but I know that issue varies between people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

asecondduck posted:

Saints Row III is gonna cost $40 on the Switch.

No, seriously.

I would pay that for #4 but 3 isn't worth it, even as a free-roam screw around game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Yoshi’s Crafted Island is a lot a fun for my 7 year old. Has a nice light play style and like Super Mario Odyssey is very easy for a younger child to play without getting frustrated. Really happy I got her the system for the holidays. It’s nice to see her work her way through the problems and challenges (with occasional help from me).

Also very happy I went with the digital only approach yeah I’m probably paying a premium, but man it’s nice not to have to deal with discs or cartridges. Lot less crap to manage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jimbozig posted:

Same but for hollow knight and "suck my loving balls, Nightmare King Grimm"

Just do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDk6qkVbf80

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I would pay that for #4 but 3 isn't worth it, even as a free-roam screw around game.

$40 is definitely asking too much, but Saints Row 3 is a much better use of your time and money than 4

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

THE loving MOON posted:

$40 is definitely asking too much, but Saints Row 3 is a much better use of your time and money than 4

Wow I can't believe that you, a completely autonomous person, could have an opinion different than mine!

I will admit that 3 is a better coop game because 4 is too fast and flashy that you can't tell what's going on.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

You can definitely feel that 4 is an expansion pack that got turned into a standalone product later. A lot of the most fun stuff is in 4, but somebody that hasn't played 3 and jumps straight into 4 is going to feel like they got half of a game.

So really they should have released a 3+4 pack for $40.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Wow I can't believe that you, a completely autonomous person, could have an opinion different than mine!

I will admit that 3 is a better coop game because 4 is too fast and flashy that you can't tell what's going on.

Yeesh, I wasn't trying to take a dig or anything. Like you said, different opinion. They're different enough that they're hardly even the same type of game anyway.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So really they should have released a 3+4 pack for $40.

Yeah, this

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 20, 2019

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
double

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Lol holy poo poo. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to be able to beat that insanity.

Anyway, after about 100 attempts where I only occasionally even got past the 25% mark of the fight, I managed to clutch out a win the first time I got past halfway. Which surprised me because I almost always panic and choke in situations like that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Foehammer posted:

This one is probably my fault since I popped my copy back in the other day to play through it again since I had pretty much forgotten most things about it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The Kins posted:

The Tencent Switch will almost certainly be region-locked, but it probably won't be as ridiculous as their previous attempt at a mainland release, the iQue 3DS XL, and its expansive library of, uh, two pre-installed games (plus another 14 if you import from Hong Kong or Taiwan).

I would say region locked in the sense that PS4 is region locked. Other region physical games still work but the eShop region can't be changed. Otherwise nobody would buy a Switch considering the prevalence of Switches already available in mainland China.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you're playing Dawn of Survivors add sw-3499-6684-7486. I'm starting to see player forts pop up and I'm not ready to get raided.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So this is probably a dozen pages old but you can use the PlayStation 4 headsets wirelessly with a switch. Also a handful of other headsets that use a USB dongle.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes I can tell which objects in cuphead are the parryable ones because the pink hue is different enough from the regular color, or they are helpfully a different shape. But other times like the frog boss the game just says "hey gently caress you all these projectiles look the same you'll just have to beat them without parrying anything".

Or that hopping blob boss that eventually turns into a gravestone, I didn't even see anything remotely pink the whole battle, I'll just have to have a C I guess

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In Dead Cells I usually went melee and bow but now I'm all about those shields.

Landing a series of parrys are completely chumping every enemy is so drat fun.
If you're good enough, you just never, ever take damage.

Every attack can be reflected, even those pink mines. Just toss em back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

BigHead posted:

How is Dragon's Dogma? Had anyone put in any time on pc? I like skyrim, it seems a bit like that so I'll get it, but not if someone says it sucks balls.

Get it! I only stopped playing Skyrim when I got Dragon's Dogma.