Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

nobody would buy the VTU, like not even accidentally

I dunno man, I bought the 59-Patton because I was drunk, had 65k gold after two years of all that Christmas poo poo, and the thing was at 15% discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I dunno man, I bought the 59-Patton because I was drunk, had 65k gold after two years of all that Christmas poo poo, and the thing was at 15% discount.

Most wargaming purchases occur while drunk, in my experience.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Most wargaming purchases occur while drunk, in my experience.

Can I get a hell yeah?

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

Rorac posted:

Fixed it for you.

:perfect:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Can I get a hell yeah?

We are giving money to WG, a "hell yeah" would be undeserved :smith:.

On a side note, I did buy the Church 3 and Progetto when I was piss drunk.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I one time responded to a fishing email for by debit card # while super drunk but I remembered and I called the bank the next day, the operator had a p good laugh when I told him the story.

thats my story

the moral is probably have someone take your debit/credit card away from you when drunk

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

We are giving money to WG, a "hell yeah" would be undeserved :smith:.

On a side note, I did buy the Church 3 and Progetto when I was piss drunk.

Only thing I bought that was piss drunk was the gold premium T7 German TD and the skorpion. Sure as hell hellsau got a hemorrhoid because of it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Am I the only one totally over Frontlines? I was initially looking forward to its return because I wanted to grind some tier 8s without being bottom tier every single game, but the game mode is biased towards more mobile vehicles (unlike most of the ones I've been trying to grind.) Then I realized the XP returns were worse than I could get in random battles; assuming a random battle is 6-7 minutes and a FL match is 20-30, I, at least, am not earning 3-4x the XP in the latter that I could get in 3-4 of the former battles (also, daily bonuses don't even apply to FL so you're forgoing 2-5x the XP from each tank in a single random battle.) The final nail in the coffin is the "improved" matchmaker, which doesn't make you bottom tier every loving match, making random battles less unbearable.

If you're going for the FL season rewards that's another thing, but aside from that has anyone else concluded that FL battles aren't worth it for XP?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
stress over arty ruins your life in this tank and this battle i got it on at the end of the battle said 94.97 on gun mark mod.. so glad it was over and the mod was off a bit

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

stress over arty ruins your life in this tank and this battle i got it on at the end of the battle said 94.97 on gun mark mod.. so glad it was over and the mod was off a bit

Does it actually bounce a lot of shots?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mesadoram posted:

Does it actually bounce a lot of shots?

From dumb people, yes. From non-dumb people, I've found it's easier to pen than the T-28.

What makes the TS-5 is the gun, despite its worse dispersion. Pubbies will push with the TS-5, not hide their cupola, and die in a fire. If you take a less aggressive stance with the TS-5, I feel like it can perform much better than the T-28

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

From dumb people, yes. From non-dumb people, I've found it's easier to pen than the T-28.

What makes the TS-5 is the gun, despite its worse dispersion. Pubbies will push with the TS-5, not hide their cupola, and die in a fire. If you take a less aggressive stance with the TS-5, I feel like it can perform much better than the T-28

That cupola (along with the LFP) is near-impossible to miss when a pubbie plays too aggressively, and I've been punishing these pubbies routinely since the TS-5 was released. Even caused one to send me a post-battle message along the lines of "NOOB HACKER TS5 IS ARMORED I SEND REPLAY TO WG ENJOY YOUR BAN".

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

Am I the only one totally over Frontlines? I was initially looking forward to its return because I wanted to grind some tier 8s without being bottom tier every single game, but the game mode is biased towards more mobile vehicles (unlike most of the ones I've been trying to grind.) Then I realized the XP returns were worse than I could get in random battles; assuming a random battle is 6-7 minutes and a FL match is 20-30, I, at least, am not earning 3-4x the XP in the latter that I could get in 3-4 of the former battles (also, daily bonuses don't even apply to FL so you're forgoing 2-5x the XP from each tank in a single random battle.) The final nail in the coffin is the "improved" matchmaker, which doesn't make you bottom tier every loving match, making random battles less unbearable.

If you're going for the FL season rewards that's another thing, but aside from that has anyone else concluded that FL battles aren't worth it for XP?

I think it would be a lot better if not for the rewards tied to it that requires everyone to play like shitheads. If that was just a "normal" game mode and there wasn't the motive to grind out ranks it would be way cooler.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The TS-5 seems like a tier 8 Tortoise - technically some parts are armored, but not against gold or against someone who chooses to shoot at the obvious weakspots, but that doesn't matter because it has a pile of HP and a disgusting amount of damage output.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I don't know about XP, but I do know that running the Progetto, Lorraine, and IS-3A will get you at least top 5 in damage every battle, at least Captain for rank, and net around 10 million credits by the time you hit level 30.

tldr: Run only premiums in FL.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
For none premiums, mix in the lynx 6x6. It does wonders in fl.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

i need to grind up to the lynx 6x6 before the next frontlines. the EBR is too good. i want to grind my bulldog and centurion but i stay alive too long in my EBR

if you can get hull down somewhere and drive forward and background in a perpendicular line to the enemy's line of fire, you can be almost impossible to hit while being able to hit almost every shot

but i think i need to use a large repair kit and put repair skill on my EBR next because getting your wheels broken is a huge, huge handicap to mobility

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 19, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sitting at work and I remembered how much I enjoyed playing the T9 version of the T34. It hard pretty great engine power, to compensate for the low top speed ,trolly as gently caress turret, great depression and had like an 8 second reload.

T30 should have been the T10 TD.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
yeah what that guy said about the ts5, it bounces shots from bad players but good players that know about the hatch make you rage

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

yeah what that guy said about the ts5, it bounces shots from bad players but good players that know about the hatch make you rage

"ARGH THAT FUCKER JUST SHOT MY WEAK SPOT! Oh well" *proceeds to poo poo out 8 thousand damage*

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
would have never guessed that the cupola was the weak spot. sneaky.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gone Fashing posted:

would have never guessed that the cupola was the weak spot. sneaky.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
We were reminiscing on discord about this wonderful goon moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbCMt0DkD_I

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

We were reminiscing on discord about this wonderful goon moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbCMt0DkD_I

does not surprise me at all that there's a fuckin' Rommel on SIMP's side

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you ever run into a Rommel-named dude in game, ask them why they named themselves after the Dutch word for garbage or even better this dude.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

does not surprise me at all that there's a fuckin' Rommel on SIMP's side

The best part is the running comment laughing at ndp bring a su-26. Which then they had to admit was wrecking the simp t32. Because that was back in the days when it had that 122mm howitzer that vertically launched the shells. Also back in the days of heat.

Some fun facts of this:
1) Lunatic played using an x360 controller tied to xpadder for WoT.
2) SIMP turned around after that match and swapped their gwpanther for a su-26 for the other invitational matches

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

jesus what the hell were they thinking bringing 6 tier points worth of artillery to mines

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hellsau posted:

jesus what the hell were they thinking bringing 6 tier points worth of artillery to mines

Higher tier means its better!
*gets brutally outperformed by an SU-26*
:gibs:

I like how the announcers still think SIMP can pull off a miracle win but have to admit that NDP outplayed them as the match ends.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

obviously the casters were rooting for the underdog from the start

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Honestly, the first and last time I ever watched WoT ~E-Sports~ was watching the commentators try to make two teams that kept camping each other sound interesting and you could just hear and see the dread in their faces at their collective inability to do so.

"One of these teams is going to have to take the initiative or we're going to be looking at a draw..."

(match ends in a draw)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

I don't know about XP, but I do know that running the Progetto, Lorraine, and IS-3A will get you at least top 5 in damage every battle, at least Captain for rank, and net around 10 million credits by the time you hit level 30.

tldr: Run only premiums in FL.

Well, that was kind of my point: only some vehicle types are viable, and they aren't the ones that I need to grind.

Ah, watching 2 teams sit around for 5 minutes at the beginning of a match: the WoT Experience! :allears:

I don't miss the old WoT graphics/SFX, either.

Also, christ, practically none of those guys play tanks anymore. I haven't seen some of those names in years.... :stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I haven't seen some of those names in years.... :stare:

Well, except for Rommel.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Frontlines would be a lot better if you had to capture all the zones before killing the guns.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hell, I didn't have a clue NDP actually played ~the esports~ on a for-real stage in a tournament before.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I remembered that match, but not that one of the two NDP casualties was a TK. drat, what a blowout.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Test server trip report: I'm liking the new swedish mediums a whole lot. Only played the tier 8 one so far, barely any armor, but that matches the playstyle, just don't plan on bouncing anything above 105mm guns.
Okay dispersion, excellent gun handling, 2 seconds aimtime, good power-to-weight ratio, excellent ground resistances, good top speed, view range is okay-ish at just under 445m, 27/38% moving/stationary camo, but man, can that thing ever do some serious loving work with that gun depression.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If you ever run into a Rommel-named dude in game, ask them why they named themselves after the Dutch word for garbage or even better this dude.

I find I get bites when I ask why they named themselves after a nazi war criminal. The cries of “but the Wehrmacht was clean” are loving hilarious about Hitler’s mate.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lazyhound posted:

I remembered that match, but not that one of the two NDP casualties was a TK. drat, what a blowout.

That wasn't an ndp player. This was before they got the client set up for esports. Spectators had to be part of the team. So they were tked at the start as to not influence the game by being alive. But also so they could watch and comment on that team's perspective.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lazyhound posted:

The TK was on one of the commentators because that was the only way they could spectate the battle. The other casualty was a tier 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Good lord, I didn't even check the shell velocity on the new tier 8 Swedish medium: 1400 standard, 1600 premium :stare:

Stats-wise, the tier 9 looks kinda underwhelming compared to how the new branch kicks off at tier 8. Little bit better gun handling and dpm, but with lackluster pen and 1150m/s shell velocity at that tier. The tier 10 looks ridiculous again. 3300 dpm at 0.31 dispersion and 14 degrees depression, with sub-2-second aimtime and frontal troll armor.