Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ah my money was going to be on a high move, suicide bomb type thing. ATK = HP or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?

That Italian Guy posted:

I think there was a typo in your orders, Some Numbers? The last activity itt suggest you'd like to shank a Cultist, but your order has Archer 1 instead of Cultist 1 as the target. That would completely block Rocky's plan (rockblock?) though, as it would make Bullwinkle's Spare Dagger very unlikely to kill Cultist 5. I've tried to use the intent more than the orders as written in this case, since the "I will hit a Cultist" comment is 1h later than your orders ...hope I did right.

I just wanted to call out that small things like this are why you are a fantastic OP running this PbP, and although I don’t have the attention span (or time) to participate am really enjoying this read. Our group went the opposite route with Jekserah and I’m interested to see how else this plays out. Cragheart was also my starting character and still might be my favorite of the 4 I’ve played so far.

Enjoy your break That Italian Guy and thanks again for your efforts on this!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Thanks TIG, that's fine.

I'm probably going to go early again and kill two archers with my Battle-Axe.

I may need a heal.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Alternately, I could kill one thing and go Invisible again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Welp. I'm immobilized so I'm gonna play 2 cards.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rocky, you got another Boulder in you? That would actually clear out almost all of them.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Rocky, you got another Boulder in you? That would actually clear out almost all of them.

I presume that's why he stamina-potioned the Boulder back. The only risk is that the cultists go fast again.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Omw to Gloomhaven, I'll let you know when I get there!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

I hope all your road events end with No Effect!

FWIW, I'm going early in the round, healing myself, producing dirt for Rocky, and that's about it.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope all your road events end with No Effect!

Hey, there are a few positive outcomes.

That Italian Guy posted:

Seriously, though, have a good trip!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I'm back in town and recharged from the 10 hour drive. I'll send in my orders soon once I have a chance to review what the plan is.

Some Numbers posted:

EDIT: I can't actually say what card I'm planning to use but I did Potion that back last turn... I plan to do a ranged attack at the center archer pretty quickly (for me).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 22, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
And we're back! In truly goony fashion I've managed to get IMMOBILIZED for half a day after the hike, but a well timed Potion of Paracetamol has saved the vacation :v:

Crypt of the Damned 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Potion!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Archers truly are a bunch of assholes. If my math is not wonky (big if), this has 1.56% of happening, by the way. At leas the cultists are playing nice...and that's a clutch initiative draw on Rocky!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Frigid Apparition.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Massive Boulder.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Balanced Measures.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 23, 2019

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Thanks Italian Guy for running this LP. I've been convinced to shell out the cash and get the game myself.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

It's a great game! Also surprisingly cheap/expensive compared to the Kickstarter price depending on the region...I've seen it going for 110$ in the US and up to 250£ on Amazon.co.uk. Outside of BG expos I've only seen a single, first edition physical copy in the wild and it was around 160€.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So, Splinter stabs and hopefully kills Archer 1 before going invisible, the two cultists move to B4 and C5 trying to get to B5 to stab Rocky, who tosses a boulder at Archer 2, hopefully killing archer 2 while killing archer 3 and both cultists wish splash damage?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reik posted:

So, Splinter stabs and hopefully kills Archer 1 before going invisible, the two cultists move to B4 and C5 trying to get to B5 to stab Rocky, who tosses a boulder at Archer 2, hopefully killing archer 2 while killing archer 3 and both cultists wish splash damage?

Rocky also has Rumbling Advance queued up, so it can move up and do additional pure damage to clean up stragglers.

But yes, that was my plan.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

NM I keep misreading the map. Yes, we should be able to clear things out this round.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Rocky also has Rumbling Advance queued up, so it can move up and do additional pure damage to clean up stragglers.

But yes, that was my plan.

Nice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crypt of the Damned 4B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Attacks Bandit Archer 1 for 3 (3base, -2mod +2bonus) damage!
Bandit Archer 1 is killed! Necklace of Teeth triggers! HEAL1, Self
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot)! Gains INVISIBLE!

I have not received Step B orders from Some Numbers, but this was the plan discussed itt...please remember your finalized orders :3: Also, that Necklace of Teeth is finally doing some work!

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (bot)! HEAL2, Self.
Bullwinkle is at 11 HP.
EARTH is now strong.
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! No action taken! Loses IMMOBILIZED.

27. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 1 focuses Rocky! Moves 2 to B4. Loses MUDDLED.
- Cultist 2 focuses Rocky! Moves 2 to B4. Loses MUDDLED.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Bandit Archer 2 for 1 (3base, -2mod) damage! Bandit Archer 3, Cultist 1, Cultist 2 suffer 1 splash damage!
Bandit Archer 2 is at 1 HP.
Bandit Archer 3 is killed!
Cultist 1 is killed!
Cultist 2 is killed!
EARTH is now strong.
- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Moves 2 to C5. Bandit Archer 2 suffers 1 splash damage!
Bandit Archer 2 is killed!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

Well, this has gone as good as one could hope for our party! Last time my group has played through this, it took us considerably longer due to some...unfortunate draws on the Cultists side. We may still be able to see why these guys are assholes before the mission ends, if we run into more of them! Active players, please discuss your options itt and if you are planning on resting or otherwise spending 1+ Rounds in this room alone before opening a new door, please send me multiple rounds worth of orders - up to the one in which someone opens a door :)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 24, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
LMAO that was so free. That room normally sucks real hard. This is going to save us a ton of time and cards.

Alright so next turn I can probably open the bottom door. Any objections?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

LMAO that was so free. That room normally sucks real hard. This is going to save us a ton of time and cards.

Yeah the 3-people-party room generation, our current char level distribution, the longer time to plan the Rounds and the fact that most of our players know the game better than the average Scenario 4 adventurers are making this playthrough feel smoother than most - not than I'm complaining about it, since replaying a Scenario would probably be a bit boring with the longer playtime.

Whenever we feel things are getting too comfortable for us, though, we can vote to upscale the difficulty - although at the moment we are at the top-end of the power scale since our Total Hero level is 6, and we'll go from Scenario level 1 to Scenario level 2 as soon as one of our characters levels up. All considered, I find Gloomhaven (with certain side Scenarios as the exception) to be incredibly well balanced, considering all the different party size/level different options. There may be swings on one side or the other, but it's usually challenging without being merciless, unless you start loving with the difficulty scaling too much/too soon.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Those Cultists were extremely polite. They just walked up into fireball Dirt Tornado formation and declined to use their really annoying cards.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Minor typo - you have Rocky as killing archer 1 when it should be 3. Not sure if you care much since they're all dead and it doesn't really matter.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

As for our plans for the immediate future, I am mostly out of attacks. I have one big loss ranged attack and one loss attack which requires certain conditions to use. I don't mind if we open that door this turn but I may not have much to contribute immediately.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

As for our plans for the immediate future, I am mostly out of attacks. I have one big loss ranged attack and one loss attack which requires certain conditions to use. I don't mind if we open that door this turn but I may not have much to contribute immediately.

I only have 2 turns before I need to rest so that's fine. Could someone else head towards the upper door?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I’m going to need to rest soon too.

I could go up, but I’m pretty squishy on my own.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Actually, it is too late to Stamina Potion?

If so, I'll short rest right now.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Actually, it is too late to Stamina Potion?

If so, I'll short rest right now.

You can still Stamina Potion if you want to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'll Stamina Potion Scurry and Into the Night.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders for the next 2 Rounds from one of our players, and this time I can't figure it out from the thread :ghost:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Crosspost from the main Gloomhaven Thread

Someone made a searchable item database. It's got plenty of spoiler protection if you are worried about seeing items you haven't unlocked.

nicomatic posted:

Hey fellow Gloomhaven enthusiasts

I've built myself a search & filterable (spoiler free) item-database for all the available items in Gloomhaven and want to share it with you.

You can find it here (github io).

Features:

• list of all items either as images or plain text (with icons)
  • spoiler configuration panel where you can set your unlocked items in your game
  • there is an option to turn off all spoiler settings and view all items
  • you can sort the list by clicking on the table-headers (list view) or using the drop-down (images-view)
    responsive: mobile friendly,

list view only:

• you can set your current party reputation discount which will be applied to all the prices
  • FAQ notes for items that have one (pink question mark)
  • modern browsers only (no Internet Explorer support, might not work on Edge Mobile)

If you have a wish or idea to improve this further feel free to comment here or in a private message :-)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Crosspost from the main Gloomhaven Thread

Someone made a searchable item database. It's got plenty of spoiler protection if you are worried about seeing items you haven't unlocked.

:krad:

I'll probably use this for future updates, thank you!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Missing orders for the next 2 Rounds from one of our players, and this time I can't figure it out from the thread :ghost:

I'm one of them. Sent. Sorry I had a bad day yesterday and it was margarita night. I'm much better now :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No worries, happy the margaritas have helped :D

By the way people, I have received a bit of a mix of plans...one set of orders is "open top door in 2 rounds", the other is "open bottom door this round" and the third set is just step A for the current round :v:

I'll need you to decide on one course of action, and eventually rectify your orders if they are no longer correct.

E: vvvvvv yeah sorry I mispoke...still, looks like you may be misaligned on where to go next and when to open the door :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 25, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

No worries, happy the margaritas have helped :D

By the way people, I have received a bit of a mix of plans...one set of orders is "open top door in 2 rounds", the other is "open bottom door this round" and the third set is just step A for the current round :v:

I'll need you to decide on one course of action, and eventually rectify your orders if they are no longer correct.

Well I sent in Step A and Step B for the current round which does not include opening any doors personally so that can't be right. My understanding is that we would be opening the bottom door this round, which makes sense as this is a "kill everything" scenario and we're already right here.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Are we splitting the party? That’s the impression I got.

If not, give a turn and I’ll follow you guys down.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Split the party guys, what's the worst that could happen

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Are we splitting the party? That’s the impression I got.

If not, give a turn and I’ll follow you guys down.

Yes. I'm going to open the bottom door then run up and help the rest of you with the upper room while kiting the lower room enemies toward us.

Sending step B now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

So we're not even pretending not to know what's in there then? OK. I'll revise my orders and send them in when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I suppose that's one of the hazards of publicly playing through a campaign where all the information is static.

It's why I'm so excited about the mini-expansion that's releasing soon: it's content we've never seen before. Plus, supposedly the scenario book will be laid out in a way that doesn't reveal all the rooms on a single page, so it's more of a surprise for everyone.