Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Trump toady Jason Miller tried to sue Will for hundreds of millions for calling him a rat-faced baby killer on twitter

It was dismissed

I think it actually started with something Kath Krueger said on Splinter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's absolutely wild that jason miller was able to have an affair with anyone.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Do episodes sometimes just disappear from the grey wolf feed? I don't see the most recent Inebriated History episode anymore.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/htmlmencken/status/1119241274400186368

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I Before E posted:

Matthew Walther went on early in and it devolved into him praying while Amber yelled at him about abortion which is why it's only on YouTube, it ruled

do you have a link for this

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

do you have a link for this

https://youtu.be/jvN464imtMQ

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

This is good as hell, but the show would suck if they kept interviewing right wingers and libertarians and social conservatives like they did a few times when the show first started.

Also "shut the gently caress up" has been proven the correct response time and time again whenever one of these dorks demands to debate you and I'm glad they just yelled at this guy about abortion instead of exchanging talking points while gently tickling each others taints.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

This is good as hell, but the show would suck if they kept interviewing right wingers and libertarians and social conservatives like they did a few times when the show first started.

Also "shut the gently caress up" has been proven the correct response time and time again whenever one of these dorks demands to debate you and I'm glad they just yelled at this guy about abortion instead of exchanging talking points while gently tickling each others taints.

Yes definitely. I don't want to hear Carl Sargon on Chapo, I want to hear Felix call him a fat IT pedant.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yes definitely. I don't want to hear Carl Sargon on Chapo, I want to hear Felix call him a fat IT pedant.

Sargon has been properly covered by the Chapo Extended Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2ZywIv9z0

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prefect posted:

Sargon has been properly covered by the Chapo Extended Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2ZywIv9z0

https://youtu.be/E4-g6vhiX1I

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Jordy Pete vs Zizek is on soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRC5AA1wF0

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

this poo poo is actually so boring

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Speaking as a star master debater in high school, Peterson is losing hard. He obviously has no idea what his opponent actually believes so his first comments were entirely outside the scope of what Zizek cares about. (cocaine)

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

T-man posted:

Speaking as a star master debater in high school, Peterson is losing hard. He obviously has no idea what his opponent actually believes so his first comments were entirely outside the scope of what Zizek cares about. (cocaine)
It's like when that guy at CPAC tried to attack Matt for loving Brutalism. These guys are so trapped in their weird algorithmic bubble that they end up arguing against an invented amalgam of "leftist thought."

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
JP completely lost the audience when he went all in on "[speaking through tears] It's actually alpha to be autistic and not have sex"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T. Bombastus posted:

It's like when that guy at CPAC tried to attack Matt for loving Brutalism. These guys are so trapped in their weird algorithmic bubble that they end up arguing against an invented amalgam of "leftist thought."

i missed this, what happened

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

You couldn’t pay me to watch this

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

new trillbilly worker's party interviews kate wagner, who runs the mcmansion hell blog. they touch on degrowth as a concept

Interview owns

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my favorite part of walther on chapo was matt getting totally fed up with him.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

i missed this, what happened

In the extra-length cpac episode they talk about running into some people who knew of them. There was a kinda one-sided argument where it was clear these right wingers were really just arguing with an imagined lefty viewpoint, one they had probably argued with many times in their heads.

So the conversation eventually gets to the point where Matt is accused of liking brutalism as if that was some damning proof of the evils of leftism. He basically said “I don’t know what you’re talking about so I’m done with this.”

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Also Matt was on acid at the time this happened.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Like the Walther interview when his killshot was "Well, your hero and personal god Uncle Joe Stalin oppressed gay people, what about that?" And he just floundered when it didn't land. Or when they had to explain that they didn't genuinely support Saudi Arabia's theocratic stuff like he seemed to think. It's baffling how strong the bubble effect can be.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what is it about right wingers that so many of them have terrible voices or manners of speaking. felix's vocal fry mumbling sometimes bugs me but walther and crowder and rubin and fuentes and shapiro and ingraham and pirro all have absolutely obnoxious voices or speaking patterns. even if i agreed with them i wouldn't be able to listen to them.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They all sacrificed their voices to Alex Jones and Kelsey Grammer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Felix and Matt always sound the worst and I hate listening to their raspy lisping sounds BUT I agree with them all the time so it's difficult to actually care.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Chakan posted:

In the extra-length cpac episode they talk about running into some people who knew of them. There was a kinda one-sided argument where it was clear these right wingers were really just arguing with an imagined lefty viewpoint, one they had probably argued with many times in their heads.

So the conversation eventually gets to the point where Matt is accused of liking brutalism as if that was some damning proof of the evils of leftism. He basically said “I don’t know what you’re talking about so I’m done with this.”

All of these guys have watched hundreds of "triggered feminist compilation" and "ben shaprio DESTROYS _____ with logic" youtube videos and they expect real life interactions to go like that

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Matt’s voice was noticeably better on this one. When he’s calm he speaks more through his diaphragm. It’s when he’s riled up that he gets all these and nasal.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Matt’s voice was noticeably better on this one. When he’s calm he speaks more through his diaphragm. It’s when he’s riled up that he gets all these and nasal.

If you're talking about the Inebriated Past one he deteriorates so hard through the episode that by the end he sounds like Harry Dean Stanton read Adorno

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I fought against the urge to nitpick, but I'm a person who generally doesn't care about sound quality or weird voices and even I was like drat Christman you sound like Dianne Rehm.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

super fart shooter posted:

All of these guys have watched hundreds of "triggered feminist compilation" and "ben shaprio DESTROYS _____ with logic" youtube videos and they expect real life interactions to go like that

It's the conservative version of liberals who think they're gonna be able to Sorken monologue a MAGA chud

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Like the Walther interview when his killshot was "Well, your hero and personal god Uncle Joe Stalin oppressed gay people, what about that?" And he just floundered when it didn't land. Or when they had to explain that they didn't genuinely support Saudi Arabia's theocratic stuff like he seemed to think. It's baffling how strong the bubble effect can be.

Some people think that everybody is into personality cults as much as they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7Ol0gz11k

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Takin' a trip back to 2017 for a classic Matt Moment.

https://youtu.be/dakhbQPiZW0

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Crotch posted:

They all sacrificed their voices to Alex Jones and Kelsey Grammer.

"Just a mere 3 days ago I was punched in the face by a man now dead."

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Takin' a trip back to 2017 for a classic Matt Moment.

https://youtu.be/dakhbQPiZW0
Without clicking on it, I'm gonna guess it involves

shut up shut up SHUT UP

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009

The Crotch posted:

Without clicking on it, I'm gonna guess it involves

shut up shut up SHUT UP

yes, this episode came out around the time I first started getting into chapo and it solidified Matt as my fav because of his righteous indignation

I just love that genuine passionate anger, it's beautiful.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Usually old enough to get their references but had to look up the Connie Chung analogy to Neera's mom in the NYT: it was the time Chung interviewed Newt Gingrich's mom and asked her what he thought of Clinton and she would only answer in a whisper that Newt thought Hillary was a "bitch".

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This episode felt especially therapeutic

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I subscribed to the free version of Derek Davison's newsletter after the recent episode he was on, and it's really good and I feel like I'm stealing from him by getting this stuff for free. You get daily "this day in history" type nerdy poo poo like, say, a rundown of the Wahhabist sack of Karbala in 1802, and a weekend update that has a summary of interesting stuff that's been going on around the world, like the Ukrainian election result, the US ambassador to Poland tweeting Happy Passover and getting flooded with antisemitism, etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sulphagnist posted:

I subscribed to the free version of Derek Davison's newsletter after the recent episode he was on, and it's really good and I feel like I'm stealing from him by getting this stuff for free. You get daily "this day in history" type nerdy poo poo like, say, a rundown of the Wahhabist sack of Karbala in 1802, and a weekend update that has a summary of interesting stuff that's been going on around the world, like the Ukrainian election result, the US ambassador to Poland tweeting Happy Passover and getting flooded with antisemitism, etc.

https://twitter.com/HelloPoli/status/1120244909460660224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

In my expert opinion, this seems bad!