Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Andrast posted:

Haluisin olla eri mieltä mutta en pysty

jos olisit eri mieltä, nylkisin elävän kanan kaikista höyhenistä sun edessä joten näkisit miltä arkikansalainen näyttää

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

bloom posted:

Jos nyt ois hetken paskapostaamatta, niin elitismin leima on iso ongelma nykyvasemmistolle ja ei ihme että kaiken maailman trumpit ja persut voittaa vaaleja. Raitakenguruiden ja afrikkalaisten transvähemmistöjen pelastaminen on toki hyvä asia, mutta ei ehkä prioriteetti 52v penalle joka on ollut työttömänä kun paperitehdas siirrettiin kiinaan. "Rajat kiinni niin elämästä tulee taas hienoa" on vitun typerä viesti, mutta se tarjoaa edes jotain muutosta maailman menoon.

Tää ei oo juttu internetin ulkopuolella.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fart_man_69 posted:

Tai oikeestaan edes internetissä.

Kaikenmaailman persut valittaa siitä kuinka vasemmisto ovat elitistejä jotka eivät välitä työläisiä, täysin vasemmistoa koskaan kuuntelematta, että ei tarvisi myöntää että oman äänestyksen peruskivenä on ruskeiden vihaaminen.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Hogge Wild posted:

lihavero, autot kielletään, lisää maahanmuuttajia, ei persuja hallitukseen

1) Meat tax is a nice diversion from the bigger picture that is privatization and public services. You probably remember those grannies in old people's homes pissing their pants on the cold floor? Curiously caring the elderly and also making a profit hasn't worked as planned. And if we're really going to fix that problem, that would mean hiring skillful labor, better inspections, minimum average of nurses... ie. more costs to burden society.
2) Cars aren't going to be made illegal, much to Pentti Linkola's disappointment.
3) More immigrants? Probably, even if TF were in charge. And TF have had their immigrant policy imprinted on the system during the previous term, that's why you hear people complaining about Migri being a bunch of dicks, so much so that their rights are known to be violated. Do you want to keep loving them over or do the right thing?
4) Halla-aho himself made things difficult. He'll have to choose between keeping it real to his supporters or sucking up to power. And TF don't have any real allies, like they noticed during last term where both government coalition partners schemed against Halla-aho. They especially have resentment over NC's Petteri Orpo.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

fart_man_69 posted:

Yet VL is consistently like 10% behind persut and SKP is a joke party. Right wing populists seem to be doing pretty good around the world in general, lefties not so much.

Left wing parties are obviously doing something wrong and yelling "racist" even harder at the persut of the world probably isn't the solution.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bloom posted:

Yet VL is consistently like 10% behind persut and SKP is a joke party. Right wing populists seem to be doing pretty good around the world in general, lefties not so much.

Left wing parties are obviously doing something wrong and yelling "racist" even harder at the persut of the world probably isn't the solution.

Turns out it's a lot harder to promise the sun and the moon in your back yard to idiots when you care about telling the truth and want to avoid backstabbing your voters and party the millisecond it's a benefit to yourself.

The actual left wing parties do have policies that would help the normal workers, and they do spread awareness about them; to pretend they don't means you've spent approximately zero time researching the issue and are just working off right-wing propaganda so debating it has about as much merit as farting to the tune of Säkkijärven Polkka. Less, actually, I'm sure I could monetize the latter on YouTube.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

bloom posted:

If you're concerned about :decorum: SDP is right there for you. :shrug:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Tarttis sellasen puolueen joka ottaa kaikkien oikeudet pois. Kaikkeen. Vittu mua kiinnosta kukaan.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

endlessmonotony posted:

Turns out it's a lot harder to promise the sun and the moon in your back yard to idiots when you care about telling the truth and want to avoid backstabbing your voters and party the millisecond it's a benefit to yourself.

The actual left wing parties do have policies that would help the normal workers, and they do spread awareness about them; to pretend they don't means you've spent approximately zero time researching the issue and are just working off right-wing propaganda so debating it has about as much merit as farting to the tune of Säkkijärven Polkka. Less, actually, I'm sure I could monetize the latter on YouTube.

What is the solution to right wing populists then?

Siivola posted:

If you're concerned about :decorum: SDP is right there for you. :shrug:

I've spent my whole adult life voting for VL and SKP but I can also see what the results have been. If anything they should have less decorum because as it is they're failing miserably to get their message out there. Promise to guillotine Björn Wahlroos or something and maybe the media will actually notice.

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!

Hogge Wild posted:

vois nostaa lentoveroa niin joutuis vihreätkin ilmastotalkoisiin

I mean, I'm not really surprised that you don't know this, but that's what they are actually advocating for:
https://www.vihreat.fi/asiat/vihrea-politiikka/eduskuntavaaliohjelma-2019

Everyone should read the main parties' vaaliohjelmat, especially for the ones you hate. Don't worry, you can sniff glue and drink kossu at the same time, so you don't even lose any time from your hobbies!

In other news: Start preparing your rear end for Fixit:

quote:

Iso-Britannian hallituksen tavoin kannatamme tulevan eurovaalikauden aikana kansanäänestyksen järjestämistä maamme EU-jäsenyydestä. Kansanäänestys tapahtuisi pääministeri Cameronin esittämän mallin mukaisesti, jossa ensin neuvotellaan perussopimuksen ja jäsenyysehtojen uudistamisesta ja sitten äänestetään yksinkertaisesti uudistuvassa unionissa pysymisen ja siitä eroamisen välillä.
https://www.perussuomalaiset.fi/eu-vaaliohjelma/

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Miks vitus jotkut pikkupersut on tässä langassa mölisemässä siitä miten se vassari joka asuu heidän päässään aiheutta heille pahennusta kun tänäään pitäis kunnioittaa Ristusta vetämällä pää täyteen?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Boy I sure like the idea of Fixit, especially on a country dependent on exports like ours! What could possibly go wrong?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Boy I sure like the idea of Fixit, especially on a country dependent on exports like ours! What could possibly go wrong?

The stronk markka would indeed ruin our exports.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

Miks vitus jotkut pikkupersut on tässä langassa mölisemässä siitä miten se vassari joka asuu heidän päässään aiheutta heille pahennusta kun tänäään pitäis kunnioittaa Ristusta vetämällä pää täyteen?

tänään on kyllä ihan toisen kaverin synttärit, ja sitä on perinteisesti juhlittu paholaisen salaatilla

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Teologisesti katsottuna tänään on Ristuksen rapulapäivä, ja vasta sitten huomenna se jaksaa ryömiä lafkastaan hakemaan kebua ja sipsejä.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Cerebral Bore posted:

Teologisesti katsottuna tänään on Ristuksen rapulapäivä, ja vasta sitten huomenna se jaksaa ryömiä lafkastaan hakemaan kebua ja sipsejä.

Ennen vanhaan oli kyllä elämä helvettiä kun ei ollut kotiinkuljetusta

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I nearly choked on no.2 - 2. Tukipakettipolitiikka on lopetettava. I thought this was about farm support, without which our agriculture would just be done. Turns out that no, it was about Greece.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/talouselama/status/1118850764934348800

We're all commies, if we look at ourselves. We're all commies, each and everyone.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Voisko joku lyödä Wahlroosia niin ehkä se lakkaisi olemasta niin tyhmä, kiitoksia paljon jo etukäteen

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
If we don't give Wahlroos more money Finland is gonna de-industrialize and we all have to go back to keittelemään pontikkaa in the forests. That's how things work ok.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloom posted:

we all have to go back to keittelemään pontikkaa in the forests

That sounds great

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I am the EK man
They are the EK men
I am the Wahlroos
Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob
Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob, goo goo

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

bloom posted:

If we don't give Wahlroos more money Finland is gonna de-industrialize and we all have to go back to keittelemään pontikkaa in the forests. That's how things work ok.

luulis että ois tälläinen pienoluiden ja viinojen teko hieman trendikkäämää

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

Well right now we're deindustrializing and we don't even get to keittää pontikkaa in the forests, so that would unironically be an improvement.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jyppe posted:

In other news: Start preparing your rear end for Fixit:

https://www.perussuomalaiset.fi/eu-vaaliohjelma/

That is from 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So I saw some clip of ol' Marco basically melting in front of the camera, apparently because the hundreds or thousands (or whatever) of people trolling in his streams did in fact not vote for him.

T'was pretty good clip.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000006079141.html

Only person who can actually name a reason why they voted for Hallis says it is because she's a racist piece of poo poo. Everyone else is nebulous "he is so wise" about what? "He says the right things" about what, which political issue; why is he right?

Yeah, these people totally need to be taken seriously. Just admit you are afraid of brown people and we can avoid dumbass debates about why right-wing populist parties are rising. It's xenophobia. It's always been xenophobia.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 21, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

mitä vittua tässä threadissa edes tapahtuu

Ligurbotit ovat aktivoituneet, kohta iso pilli puhaltuu.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I do not vote for persut or Hallis but I do have a problem with there being thousands of Iraqis in the country who have been karkoitettu but remain because Iraq refuses to take them back. Having a problem with this situation does not seem controversial to me.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

doverhog posted:

I do not vote for persut or Hallis but I do have a problem with there being thousands of Iraqis in the country who have been karkoitettu but remain because Iraq refuses to take them back.

Are you proposing a solution to this issue? Has some politician or party proposed a solution you like?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

mitä vittua tässä threadissa edes tapahtuu

langasta on tullut le pers colony

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

I do not vote for persut or Hallis but I do have a problem with there being thousands of Iraqis in the country who have been karkoitettu but remain because Iraq refuses to take them back. Having a problem with this situation does not seem controversial to me.

Yeah, me too. Voting for persut as if they have a realistic solution for that issue or anything else for that matter, or voting solely on the issue of paperless Iraqis does seem controversial to me, in that being a huge moron is controversial.

And let's be fair - none of these people want any Iraqis in the country, paperless or not. That is what they voted for and it is pretty clearly spelled out by the party too.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I don't have a solution, or believe that putting everyone in concentration camps is the right way to go.

PS is still a protest party, and I can see many things that people are protesting. Some of them are just straight up racist, but not all of them.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
If you vote for the racist party thinking that you support the non-racist parts but not the racist part, you're still voting for the racist party.

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!

not a bot posted:

That is from 2014

Good catch, let's hope they won't just recycle it and the policy will be updated and fixit will be off the table.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I mean, the least thing we can do is to agitate for violent actions against the far right. It's more effective than voting.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Violence is effective, yeah. Blood on the streets, let's all feel alive before the end.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Reporting u both for kiihottamisesta kansanryhmää vastaan to korkein oikeus.

Can't wait for the first court case that goes through on ironyposting.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

DarkCrawler posted:

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000006079141.html

Only person who can actually name a reason why they voted for Hallis says it is because she's a racist piece of poo poo. Everyone else is nebulous "he is so wise" about what? "He says the right things" about what, which political issue; why is he right?

Yeah, these people totally need to be taken seriously. Just admit you are afraid of brown people and we can avoid dumbass debates about why right-wing populist parties are rising. It's xenophobia. It's always been xenophobia.

Sure, why not.

It's about a pragmatic decision of not wanting to live in an inherently unstable, insecure, distrustful, hateful, FYGM society full of ethnic and religious strife, under government that's increasingly authoritarian to keep control, that mass immigration of markedly different people brings about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

Sure, why not.

It's about a pragmatic decision of not wanting to live in an inherently unstable, insecure, distrustful, hateful, FYGM society full of ethnic and religious strife, under government that's increasingly authoritarian to keep control, that mass immigration of markedly different people brings about.

The "pragmatic" part kinda fails because all that doesn't necessarily follow from "mass immigration".