Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

when you think about it being bad at noted good game cuphead just means that you get to spend more time playing good game cuphead than a person who is good at it

and that sounds like a good deal to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rirse posted:

I would love if Microsoft bought the Rare Replay to the Switch. Portable Viva Pinata 2 would be so good.

Rare Replay is like, the one thing they refuse to even bring over to PC for some reason; it's their only worthwhile exclusive.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I would play the poo poo out of Viva Pinata on Switch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its... perfect for the Switch...

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think I skipped/ ignored more than a couple key tutorials when playing FFX when it came out. That or switching guys out in battle is part of the remaster

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When is Lost Odysssey coming to switch?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Consummate Professional posted:

I think I skipped/ ignored more than a couple key tutorials when playing FFX when it came out. That or switching guys out in battle is part of the remaster

You missed it.

Did you complete it back then? That must have been painful.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

when you think about it being bad at noted good game cuphead just means that you get to spend more time playing good game cuphead than a person who is good at it

and that sounds like a good deal to me

It's not the difficulty that bothers me. I just don't care for that type of game play.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Andrast posted:

You missed it.

Did you complete it back then? That must have been painful.

I sure didn't. I got to the boss who turned everyone to stone and traded it in. I'm not great at RPGs but man I feel like I messed up back then.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I have always wanted a LABO set because I like the idea of making your own peripherals to play with, and if the game isn't a great experience then it doesn't matter, as you at least made something with your own two hands. I also think the cardboard is ingenious, as it is recyclable and not just a hunk of plastic, so I've never understood the "hurr it's just cardboard" critiques. Yes, it is cardboard, and that's actually much better than the alternative.

So I went ahead and got a LABO VR - I've never tried VR before and so this seemed like a good place to jump in. I sort of wanted the vehicle kit for Mario Kart functionality but it seems very limited for some reason (apparently some controls aren't mapped to the steering wheel) and so I've held off LABO till now.

I built the VR goggles and tried the VR plaza. I have to say it is not impressive at all, and really not immersive either - the text in the menus and in the minigames is super blurry in VR mode and you can tell the resolution is painfully low. It feels like you are pressing a cheapo screen up into your face, which is exactly what is happening of course, and the minigames in VR plaza are extremely low effort. I know that the games for the other toycons are more involved - and probably even have textured polygons - but this is some crappy 1990s VR here. It feels like you're Homer Simpson in 3D world: just an empty plane with some 3D shapes floating around.

At this point I am trying to summon up the energy to build some of the other toycons, I think the only thing pushing me forward now is the prospect of putting a bird's rear end over my face and pretending to fly around.

Anyway, I don't regret it as the LABO kits are very well designed overall and the build process was actually very fun. If it's your first VR experience don't go in expecting anything more than a five minute novelty however.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Funky Valentine posted:

I would play the poo poo out of Viva Pinata on Switch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

When is Animal Crossing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waltzing Along posted:

When is Lost Odysssey coming to switch?

if lost odyssey comes to switch i will poo poo

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Spellman posted:

When is Animal Crossing
God please let us have animal crossing soon

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah same boat but then:

Fairly hard no.

And that's why despite loving the style and music and everything else about the game I can't bring myself to get it.

do you have celeste? get celeste

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spellman posted:

When is Animal Crossing
Mid-August probably.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

if lost odyssey comes to switch i will poo poo

When gamepass for switch launches expect it.

Otherwise I wouldnt expect it cause porting that thing will be a huge pain for something thats never been more than cult successful. It didnt even get an X patch and was released for free on the Bone*.

*DLC still costs money, laffo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

When gamepass for switch launches expect it.

Otherwise I wouldnt expect it cause porting that thing will be a huge pain for something thats never been more than cult successful. It didnt even get an X patch and was released for free on the Bone*.

It's built on Unreal 3 specifically because they didn't have access to an X360 dev kit when development started, so it shouldn't actually be that big a pain. Relatively speaking, anyway.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

I don't think LO had any dlc thankfully.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Consummate Professional posted:

Man considering FFX is one big game of rock, paper, scissors I can't imagine playing it that way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

I don't think LO had any dlc thankfully.

There's two pieces of DLC; One is a bonus dungeon with a LOT of new loot, and the other is a small pack that has the Memory Lamp (lets you view past cutscenes), an extra Dream, and a Ring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I believe there is also a Japan only piece of DLC thats just some decent mid game rings to carry you at first

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

[

Waltzing Along posted:

MS really shot themselves in the foot by putting their console exclusives out on PC.

They needed to fight for more exclusives. Good ones. And keep them on the console.

Woops.

No they didn't. "PC" gaming is almost entirely confined to Windows. PC gamers are fanatical in their fanboyism and are also MS customers even if it is kind of begrudgingly. Microsoft was stupid to try to kill off PC gaming in the first place when they should have embraced it as a part of their base and it was weird how much they wanted to work against themselves on this.

More than a third of Microsoft revenue these days comes from recurring subscriptions. They don't care if you buy a box to play it on from them or someone else, as long as you pay them the fees. The overhead on these subscriptions is tiny, no hardware to worry about taking up shelf space and having to convince retailers its worth it, no big bets on a new IP that stops selling a month after release.

This way they bought a bunch of developers, they will have exclusives to the "Microsoft Ecyosystem" whatever that means that you need to be part of Game Pass to play, people will pay the $10 a month or whatever it is to play them, MS gets a nice stable $10 a customer forever instead of the boom bust of game releases. They don't care if you can play it on PC because $10 is $10 - they weren't making much on sales of the actual console anyway. I bet they wouldn't care if they could get it on the Switch - $10 is $10.

This is why Amazon and Apple are shifting away from buy a song to stream a song. You are way more willing to part with your money when you pay for things over time, and it turns out "ownership" of digital media isn't something most people care about anymore. That's why Google is getting into the game streaming stuff at this point - the future of a lot of this stuff is being platform agnostic.

I think Nintendo will always make their own console and games as long as they can, but even they charge you $20 a month for barely functional P2P online now. The future of MS isn't competing with Nintendo and Sony, it's trying to compete with the Tech Giants.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I fully expect MS to put their games on all platforms (hardware permitting) next gen. They've realised that the hardware audience is too unreliable and fickle to bank on for 5-7 years at a time and getting their games into the most hands possible will be the way forward. They'll still have some sort of 'Best on XBOX' campaign and maybe their subscription service will be XBOX exclusive.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
how are people still confusing nintendo's $20 a year with $20 a month

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aithon posted:

Because its both different from competitors and terrible.

Just unfuck voice chat, Nintendo. Have Microsoft bribe you I dont care.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd love to know what kind of deal publishers have for their old games to show up on the NES online app.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lol Resi 4 is gonna be £30

Barudak
May 7, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

And you sick fucks will buy it. Luckily, in this case, youre being gouged on one of the best games of all time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

And you sick fucks will buy it. Luckily, in this case, youre being gouged on one of the best games of all time

Yeah I'm definitely buying it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/Kewn_Miiverse/status/1119870731515383808

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd love to know what kind of deal publishers have for their old games to show up on the NES online app.

I would've thought the licensing to get Tecmo Bowl would've involved sacrificing at least a goat on a satanic altar.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

At least that’s better than $50 FFX.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cartoon Man posted:

At least that’s better than $50 FFX.

At least that's two games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

StabMasterArson posted:

It should be $60.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The GameBwich was such an awful handheld. What was Nintendo thinking?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Detective No. 27 posted:

The GameBwich was such an awful handheld. What was Nintendo thinking?

It's got a real dpad at least

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Where's my Gameboy Joycons

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

FartGhost posted:

Right after I beat the final boss in mario rabbids my game crashed. Now every time i try to load the save it says "The software was closed because an error occurred". I tried restarting my switch, removing the cartridge and checking for corrupt software but none of it helped. I can't find any fix with googling either. Is there anything else I can do or should I just accept I'm not doing the post game stuff?

After more googling it seems there's no fix for this and my save is gone forever? So always make backups for your saves because there is apparently a very small chance they can randomly get irreparably hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aithon posted:

Oops I was saying month a lot. I'm fully aware it's $20 a year but man that $20 gets you a Smash game that does not run very well online!!!