Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
They should do the math behind the curtain and make your odds of getting a high win rate champion less likely, and getting multiple per team is even less likely

No bans necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they should spend less and less resources thinking about the gimmick mode and eventually phase it out entirely

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

duck trucker posted:

You're correct remove re-rolls and swapping and if you dodge you get a 2-hour ban.

God drat I'd love to see a lot of you guys in Vegas. I'm sure you'd have a lot to say about the slot machines.

hey kid....the house always wins....

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Roll a completely random champ for player 1, on blue team. Roll a random champ with a similar-ish winrate for player 1 on the red team. Repeat 5 times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've won and lost a lot of games on these so called OP ARAM champs, as many times as I've stomped games against the OP champs with no ADCs and medicore champions. It's ARAM, it's a fun mode. If you're getting mad about Lux and Veigar being in your games then why are you playing ARAM who cares

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

duck trucker posted:

God drat I'd love to see a lot of you guys in Vegas. I'm sure you'd have a lot to say about the slot machines.

This is even sillier. This topic of conversation started because removing bans was a stupid revert to a good QOL improvement they put in.

Getting weirdly indignant about the purity of game modes is par for the course for this thread though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I just played like 30 or so games of jungle in ranked and it made me tilted and toxic as poo poo, AMA

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sexpansion posted:

I just played like 30 or so games of jungle in ranked and it made me tilted and toxic as poo poo, AMA

Does the better jg win?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kirtar posted:

Does the better jg win?

judging by my record, yes.

I lost so much MMR lol

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I've won and lost a lot of games on these so called OP ARAM champs, as many times as I've stomped games against the OP champs with no ADCs and medicore champions. It's ARAM, it's a fun mode. If you're getting mad about Lux and Veigar being in your games then why are you playing ARAM who cares

because ARAM is about fun, and playing against people with enough CC and Poke that they never have to engage/get engaged upon isn't fun. Their stated reason for doing so also validates ARAM only accounts, which is against the "fun" of the mode because those people aren't truly playing random champs.

As for blah blah I've won/lost against/with op champs x amount of blah blah blah is bullshit.

Ziggs and Sona have over 70% win rates according to to RIOT. Lux is over 66%. If you aren't going to remove them from the game, then they need ARAM specific nerfs - the "poke" nerf is fine for most poke champs, but barely touches them. We will likely see bans back, I think that Ziggs, Sona, Lux, maybe Veigar were banned close to 100% of the time so they may be wanting to see how out of whack they still are post nerfs (I don't think Sona is going to get hurt at all TBH) so they can adjust accordingly before eventually giving up and just bringing back bans and accepting that 3 of those 4 will be banned in every game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only right thing to do is just unlock all champions for all ARAM games so people don't have ARAM only accounts

Seri
Sep 29, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

how is your shot calling?

Verviticus posted:

if roughly 20% of those bad decisions are yours you probably deserve to be losing a lot of those games. sorry

Oh, I definitely am not making the best of calls all the time. But, I try to focus objectives when I can, so that my team doesn't come to a standstill of just constant fighting/losing said fights. One thing I struggle with decision making wise is about mid game when each side has a few turrets down, and trying to keep up on the farm. Should I just take the jungle farm when I can in soloq and not worry about what the jungler needs? That, and just waiting for the lanes to push if you're too worried about going into an unwarded jungle?

In short, I struggle with pulling a victory when I fall behind.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

let me propose something to the people who think aram should be purely random - imagine if they made an aram exclusive champion called "lockwarden" whos passive prevents the enemy team from leaving the fountain, and everyone who played aram got "lockwarden" added to their pool of champions. do you think this is fair? after all, it is totally random. better luck next time? or perhaps there may be balance concerns even in a purely random mode that should be addressed to make a better game for everyone.

yea, this would be a good addition to every single map type on league of legends actually

Seri posted:

Oh, I definitely am not making the best of calls all the time. But, I try to focus objectives when I can, so that my team doesn't come to a standstill of just constant fighting/losing said fights. One thing I struggle with decision making wise is about mid game when each side has a few turrets down, and trying to keep up on the farm. Should I just take the jungle farm when I can in soloq and not worry about what the jungler needs? That, and just waiting for the lanes to push if you're too worried about going into an unwarded jungle?

In short, I struggle with pulling a victory when I fall behind.

you should make sure your team gets as much safe farm as possible. if nobody is around to get jungle farm and you dont have any vision on jungle entrances take it before you lose it. also you should never go into an unwarded anywhere

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

The only right thing to do is just unlock all champions for all ARAM games so people don't have ARAM only accounts

Yeah, that would help massively. Make it truly, genuinely 100% random. Everybody gets every champion unlocked and one reroll. The rerolls don't recharge; you just get one every game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, that would help massively. Make it truly, genuinely 100% random. Everybody gets every champion unlocked and one reroll. The rerolls don't recharge; you just get one every game.
There's probably less than 10 champions on ARAM I would hate to play. Nocturne, Elise, Evenlynn, Renekton, Kindred, and Riven spring to mind because they're all champions reliant on the meta, a jungle, or a 1v1. Anyone else I can make work somehow, even if I lose at least I'm learning a champion I don't normally play. But I'm still sure I've won and carried games on all those champions because I don't just give up as soon as the loading screen starts. I think it's kinda fun trying to outplay broken champions on ARAM with middle road champions, it's a for-fun mode

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

There's probably less than 10 champions on ARAM I would hate to play. Nocturne, Elise, Evenlynn, Renekton, Kindred, and Riven spring to mind because they're all champions reliant on the meta, a jungle, or a 1v1. Anyone else I can make work somehow, even if I lose at least I'm learning a champion I don't normally play. But I'm still sure I've won and carried games on all those champions because I don't just give up as soon as the loading screen starts. I think it's kinda fun trying to outplay broken champions on ARAM with middle road champions, it's a for-fun mode

Renekton and Riven actually don't feel too bad in ARAM if you don't run into some Teemo/Veigar hell comp because with snowball allowing you to get it in on people it turns out that Conqueror's healing is kind of busted on the bunch up and teamfight map for champs that can proc it instantly and then poo poo out AOE damage.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

TheAnomaly posted:

because ARAM is about fun, and playing against people with enough CC and Poke that they never have to engage/get engaged upon isn't fun. Their stated reason for doing so also validates ARAM only accounts, which is against the "fun" of the mode because those people aren't truly playing random champs.

As for blah blah I've won/lost against/with op champs x amount of blah blah blah is bullshit.

Ziggs and Sona have over 70% win rates according to to RIOT. Lux is over 66%. If you aren't going to remove them from the game, then they need ARAM specific nerfs - the "poke" nerf is fine for most poke champs, but barely touches them. We will likely see bans back, I think that Ziggs, Sona, Lux, maybe Veigar were banned close to 100% of the time so they may be wanting to see how out of whack they still are post nerfs (I don't think Sona is going to get hurt at all TBH) so they can adjust accordingly before eventually giving up and just bringing back bans and accepting that 3 of those 4 will be banned in every game.

The highest win rate champion after the nerfs is Sona at 58%.Teemo and Ziggs at 57%, Lux at 56%. It isn't that bad any more. And since they have the nerf lever now, likely they'll nerf them a bit more at some point.

Smol fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 21, 2019

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Renekton is super fun on aram. Go full ad and go ham. Olaf is the same deal.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah, I can think of relatively few champions that are totally useless in ARAM. For me the bigger issue is rolling a champion that I despise playing. There are champions that I don't care how good they are I just don't ever want to play them.

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

How to forever ruin ARAM by forcing people onto champs that they dont like to play a lot more often.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

you should make sure your team gets as much safe farm as possible. if nobody is around to get jungle farm and you dont have any vision on jungle entrances take it before you lose it. also you should never go into an unwarded anywhere

The rule of thumb that I go by is once lane phase ends all camps are fair game but the jungler has the right of way if we're both right by it. Of course however when they spam-ping me off chickens 33 minutes into the game as they're respawning all bets immediately become off

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
I suppose a fix to my jungler camp worries is to just be the jungler. How is Vi right now? I used to play her all the time and had a blast. Camille too, if she still jungles.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vi is pretty good and everyone underestimates her mid game burst which is hilarious. Camille still works but is harder since she can't stun camps any more.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

How to forever ruin ARAM by forcing people onto champs that they dont like to play a lot more often.

no actually that helps aram by getting rid of the aram only accounts. another good change is permabanning anyone with an aram only account and also banning their main account if they have one

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The only tweak ARAM needs in the champion select phase is giant fuckoff queue cooldowns after dodging.

Everyone disagrees on what’s fun and what’s not during the game but I’ll bet no one would say “my favorite part of ARAM is waiting for the queue to pop and sitting through champ select”

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boxman posted:

The only tweak ARAM needs in the champion select phase is giant fuckoff queue cooldowns after dodging.

Everyone disagrees on what’s fun and what’s not during the game but I’ll bet no one would say “my favorite part of ARAM is waiting for the queue to pop and sitting through champ select”

hm, good idea - but also i think we keep coming back to permabanning all aram only accounts

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Or just give everyone the entire champion pool to pull from during ARAM.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

itd make aram good for new players by igving them a chance to see how skills work in a low-stress (theoretically) environment too

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I liked ARAM exactly as it was before this latest rework and would prefer it rolled back and then not changed in any way. Giving champions different damage modifiers (and at different ranges) just means that people's feel for damage vs defenses will be all messed up.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

iSurrender posted:

that which is bad may never be ruined. or whatever pretend it’s the iron islands quote but the punchline is aram is bad

pog boyfriend posted:

hm, good idea - but also i think we keep coming back to permabanning all aram only accounts

if they play more than five aram games in a row they are an irredeemable maniac and need at least a warning to keep their perversions secret

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
1-0 in plat 3 promo

some guy on picks nidalee and feeds relentlessly

1-1

next game he's on the enemy team and picks nidalee again

feeds relentlessly

i get promoted

all is right in the world

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
what is the deal with bashing people who play ARAM, just let goons enjoy the casual whacky modes without being pedantic pieces of poo poo, please.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Bring champ bans back to an aram gimmick, and if both teams ban someone then that champ (lux or whoever) gets randomly assigned to someone on both sides, no rerolls. Daily assessment of lowest winrate champs and create a pool of the worst 10-15 to randomly pick from and that's who the rest of the team gets to be. Just make a whole gimmick mode of aram hell if they're gonna keep doing gimmick games. I really liked arurf.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Replace ARAM with ten Luxes every game.

edit: And it automatically spams laugh on all ten.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

How Rude posted:

what is the deal with bashing people who play ARAM, just let goons enjoy the casual whacky modes without being pedantic pieces of poo poo, please.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Idk I only started playing recently with a few tilt proof stoners who mainline aram and it has been pretty fun. Not a representation of, you know, actual league play I guess but it's entertaining. And I'm slowly getting better at this silly game(mode). Sometimes you get a champ with multiple paragraphs of text for each skill and passive and I just sort of :catstare: for a minute in spawn taking it all in.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Open all champs to the ARAM pool, long bans if you dodge. Make a bunch of crazy ARAM-only items to deal with anything that proves to be massively op.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Idk I only started playing recently with a few tilt proof stoners who mainline aram and it has been pretty fun. Not a representation of, you know, actual league play I guess but it's entertaining. And I'm slowly getting better at this silly game(mode). Sometimes you get a champ with multiple paragraphs of text for each skill and passive and I just sort of :catstare: for a minute in spawn taking it all in.
playing with tilt free guys is the best, and why i strive to be positive in every single game. aram is fine, but i do not understand how people play it day in day out... moreover i believe aram only accounts should be permabanned or aram expanded to all champions to delete the aram only accounts implicitly. manipulating rng in a fun casual game mode to win as many games as possible is reprehensible

How Rude posted:

keeby my friend how does the word pedantic come into play here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

pog boyfriend posted:

playing with tilt free guys is the best, and why i strive to be positive in every single game. aram is fine, but i do not understand how people play it day in day out... moreover i believe aram only accounts should be permabanned or aram expanded to all champions to delete the aram only accounts implicitly. manipulating rng in a fun casual game mode to win as many games as possible is reprehensible

Idk if I would play this daily either.

Is this a thing people do? Intentionally buying/avoiding certain champs for rng manipulations? The people I play with literally have all the mans and despite their aram mainlining they definitely played regular league in the past. Dunno why they switched over.