Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol, "Mash, do the thing."

Cuntellectual posted:

Chains came out after Tamamo did, she doesn't need any.

Oh, sorry, it was bones, not chains. I hate those mats where you need like 20-30 for a single ascension or skill-up.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

There's no escaping the Bone Zone.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bronz Mat Hell is forever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I escaped it by having 300 bones and no one to spend it on

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm 2 for 3 with the goddesses wanting to marry Gudako now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Call me when they implement an NP skip button, oh wait, they won't until the game looks like it might be dying, because it requires actual programming.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Going through LINK raising bonds and I just finished Astolfo. Do him and Charlemagne make any appearances in GO? I hope so because they were the best and funniest duo and I wouldnt mind more of them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

astolfo is in it yeah, charlie might get added if they ever do a crossover, though there's another already unreleased paladin (roland) who has a design in the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bradamante is in the game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Add bb and all my other favorite characters to link!!!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Stairmaster posted:

Add bb and all my other favorite characters to link!!!

Add Arc and Shiki to Link.

Not like they were already in Extra or anything. :colbert:

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
Freed up 5 slots from inactives, 208,008,608 for anyone who wants the garbage babies for supporters.

Feel free to let me know a) How I've hosed up the CEs, and b) That Proto-Arthur really should be in the all slot

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Gologle posted:

Call me when they implement an NP skip button, oh wait, they won't until the game looks like it might be dying, because it requires actual programming.

NP being unskippable is an artistic decision, they want you to sit through it each time.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

Most things require actual programming.
Back button took a fairly significant redesign to the game's core systems, even.

They don't want to do NP skip because they hate you specifically.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm not sure who the argument of "well, you didn't get a fun event so you shouldn't get quartz in this very stingy game either!" is supposed to be for the benefit of.

The problem is not with the amount of quartz, the problem is with quartz.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just body-slammed Quetzalcoatl.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Shipon posted:

NP being unskippable is an artistic decision, they want you to sit through it each time.

That's the official story, yeah, but IIRC in this very thread someone allegedly said that NP damage is somehow tied to animation.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Oh, sorry, it was bones, not chains. I hate those mats where you need like 20-30 for a single ascension or skill-up.

One day I'll get the 96 fangs I still need to scrounge together for Lancelot. Looks like he'll hit Bond 10 well before that happens.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

But neither that Bride nor Fox are maxed level. :thinking:

Other posted:

You should uncap that fox one more time to unlock her best skill

I need mats from CCC to get them ready for CCC!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ytlaya posted:

But more importantly, did you remember to call your attack, in accordance with the sacred traditions of lucha libre?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Ytlaya posted:

FROM THE TOP ROPES!!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

room for like 5 ppl

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Throwing my support list in as well in case anyone wants a mona lisa waver or MLB k-scope raikou. Also have 5 slots

Kali_Ava
Jul 17, 2006
Reluctant Goon
Thanks everyone for your help last night!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Going through LINK raising bonds and I just finished Astolfo. Do him and Charlemagne make any appearances in GO? I hope so because they were the best and funniest duo and I wouldnt mind more of them.
Astolfo is a fairly prominent character in the anime Fate/Apocrypha, also.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

Astolfo is a fairly prominent character in the anime Fate/Apocrypha, also.

Yeah, but to see those scenes you have to watch Fate/Apocrypha, which sucks

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, but to see those scenes you have to watch Fate/Apocrypha, which sucks
The second half was alright. After they trimmed like half of the loving cast.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Apocrypha is alright once you realize it's just a writer mashing action figures against each other.

It's a neat showcase but it's not much of a story.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

characters end up underwritten but still like 80% of the cast owns and the animation on display is top notch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a sight better than fate/zero

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Apocrypha should have killed off more of it's cast sooner and either replace Jeanne or sieg with someone since those two together don't really have an interesting dynamic.

Since apocrypha is cribbing the fate route you might as well make ruler EMIYA

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

its a sight better than fate/zero
:stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fate/zero is a bunch of boring assholes being miserable, and it kills off or ignores the only likable characters

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Zero is genuinely very bad and Kiritsugu is by far the worst written character in the entire franchise, it only has a good reputation because everyone in the west was introduced to it through out of context summary spoilers that sounded really cool, and nobody wanted to admit they were wrong when it became actually available and we all realized that Zero is basically just a bunch of needless misery to try and make us feel sad for an rear end in a top hat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It helps that the anime was generally very well made and made some choices that actually managed to improve it somewhat. And had an amazing voice cast. It's still pretty bad, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Urobuchi is just not fit for Type Moon stuff because at its core Type Moon is very optimistic while Urobuchi wouldn't know a positive character arc if it slapped him in the face.

Also because Nasu writes female characters with agency which, again, Urobuchi can't do.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That Agravain screencap, but with Gen's face plastered onto it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lb3 was good but it still had some weird excesses. qsh torturing people is ic for him and adds some gray to a character that's depicted somewhat positively but we really didn't need to linger on it and have his victim screaming in pain, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I still think it's the weakest of the three so far, though still fine overall.