Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol apparently Gendry and Arya are gonna gently caress tonight

Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
gross theyre not even related afaik

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:yikes:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol she was like 12 and he was in his 20s when they met.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

gross theyre not even related afaik

This show never stops coming up with new twists and surprises.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
From FreeFolk

quote:

I am watching now. I'll edit as I go.
Dany talks to Jaime. Jaime's trailer "I promised to fight for the living" is in this.
Tyrion speaks for Jaime.
Sansa does not trust Jaime
Bran says "The things we do for love"
Brienne speaks for Jaime. Speaks to Sansa about Jaime telling Brienne to fulfill her oath.
Sansa says Jaime should stay because Brienne trusts him.
Tension between Jon and Daenerys. Jon had the last word ion Jaime's fate. Jon leaves the Great Hall without speaking to her. Dany does not look happy - likely because Tyrion messed up again.
Dany is mad at Tyrion because Cersei betrayed them. Says she'll find another hand if she can not trust Tyrion
Gendry and Arya talk about the WW. Gendry is freaked out about the WW. Arya's "I know death" is in this scene.
Bran and Jaime talk about Jaime pushing him out of the window. Bran isn't angry. Says he helped Jaime because he needs to help them.
Tyrion and Jaime talk. Tyrion says he has made mistakes. Jaime says Cersei is pregnant for real.
Jaime and Brienne share a look and then have a conversation. Brienne is training soldiers and will command the left flank. Jaime says she's come a long way.
Jaime says he will be honored to serve under Brienne's command.
Jorah tells Daenerys that she broke his heart when she named Tyrion hand but that she made the right choice. Dany says Tyrion made serious mistakes but Jorah thinks she should forgive Tyrion.
Conversation between Sansa and Daenerys: Dany says she thought Sansa and her were on the verge of agreement about Jaime before Brienne changed Sansa's mind. Some talk about Cersei and family.
Sansa says they have Jon in common but that men tend to do stupid things for love. Dany says she always wanted the throne but now she is fighting Jon's war. She is here because she loves him. Sansa says she should have thanked Dany right away. They joke about Drogo (he is taller than Jon). Dany says after the war she will take the Iron Throne Sansa wants to know what will happen to the North then.
My boy Theon shows up - hugging it up with Sansa.
Davos gives pep talks. Gilly as well.
Edd and crew shoe up and meet Jon. Someone asks about Brienne.
War Council time: NK wants an endless night according to Branb. NK knows where Bran is because his mark is on Bran.
Some talk about who will do what during the battle.
Bran and Tyrion have a conversation but the scene is cut off. Missandei gets ignored by Northern children.
Missandei and Grey Worm talk about leaving after the war.
GHOST
Jon and Sam talk about his parentage and when Jon will tell Dany.
Jon tells Sam he can go with Gilly to the crypts if he wants to but Sam tell Edd and Jon that he has killed a White Walker and Thenns. Really nice moment with the Night's Watch brothers.
Jaime and Tyrion talk and drink wine. Brienne walks in. Pod wants to drink but Brienne only allows him half a cup. Davos shows up as well. In fact, a lot of people show up. Thormund talks about killing a giant with Jaime.
Arya and Sandor talk on the battlements. Arya says she has changed and asks Clegane what he is doing here since he has never fought for anyone but himself. Clegane tells her he fought for her once.
Arya goes to Gendry. They kiss. Clothes are off. There you all go.
More from the merry wine drinkers: Tyrion muses it is strange they are all there. Brienne says they'll die with honor. They joke about surviving after all.
Brienne explains to Thormund that women can't be knights. Thormund says if he were a king he would knight her. Jaime says any knight can make a knight and he knights her.
Jorah tells Lyanna to go to the crpts but she is not here for this. Sam stumbles upon them and gives Heartsbane to Jorah. Says that the old bear taught him to be a man and to do what is right. Giving the sword to Jorah is right.
Back to knights and wine: They sing. JENNY'S SONG omg sorry but book nerdgasm
Trailer scene while singing goes on: Grey Worm and Missandei kiss.
Jon is in the crypts in front of his mother's statue. Daenerys joins him and they talk about Rhaegar and how Dany thought he was a kind man but he raped Lyanna. Jon tells her it is not true. He is their son. Daenerys is shocked.
She does not believe it. Jon says it is true. Daenerys says if this is true he is the last male heir to house Targaryen.
Horns! The WW are there. No Night King.
JENNYS SONG as ending credits. I can die happy now.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

From FreeFolk

"GHOST"

Fake as gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So in conclusion, a lot of people talk and nothing happens. Checks out.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
How can Ghost talk to Jon and Sam when he doesn't even make noise :colbert:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Wait

Why would Bran bring the "the things we do for love" thing up??

Is he trying to get Jaime into more trouble??

Wasn't he gonna help him?

Or did he wait for "an old friend" for 3 nights in the cold just to say "karma's a bitch, bitch!"

Bran is a troll confirmed

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ugh no, I hate this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lezard_valeth posted:

Wait

Why would Bran bring the "the things we do for love" thing up??

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Real glad that D&D haven't forgotten my favourite characters, Eunuch #3 and Dany's sounding board

radlum
May 13, 2013
Do we have a confirmed title for the episode? Kind of funny that the whole episode leaked, but can't find the episode title.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gendry can do better.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We are 1/3 to the end and nothing has happened

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Good episode, episode 3 will be the whole battle for Winterfell I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I watched it and I give it a solid BAD out of 10.
It's just more place setting and I think this episode could have been the season opener with a bit more time to get the pawns into place and it would have been a solid okay.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's extremely funny to me that nobody involved with this show gives a gently caress anymore

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Does ghost actually show up

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
1/3 of the way through the season and the only thing that’s happened is the cast gathering at Winterfell like it’s Cancun on MTV Spring Break.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ghost does show up and he barely moves so they could save on budget.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shneak posted:

1/3 of the way through the season and the only thing that’s happened is the cast gathering at Winterfell like it’s Cancun on MTV Spring Break.

They could have just made last season 10 eps, had Arya/bran/Sam meet Jon at winterfell prior to him going south, and then cut off last episode and this one

Lose a ton of subscription money doing so of course

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

quote:

Sansa says they have Jon in common but that men tend to do stupid things for love.

Gotta love how this "bois R dumb" moment is immediately followed by "tee hee boys".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This season so far legitimately feels like it has been written by tumblr level shippers.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This season so far legitimately feels like it has been written by tumblr level shippers.

Yeah, it's been a real step up from the last couple of seasons.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

To be fair, the later episodes are supposed to be longer. We might be as little as 25% through the season!

Edit: Yup, 25%.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 21, 2019

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
if arya dates gendry then who is sansa going to date

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

if arya dates gendry then who is sansa going to date

Theon

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Or maybe the show will make Sansan canon so all weird shippers get what they want

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This episode was ridiculous with the shipping and the fanservice. It even seemed like most of the characters were embarrassed by the whole thing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shouldn't show Arya literally still be a child or did they finally age Gilly's baby and thus time has started moving again lmbo

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Book Gendry tried to bang a prepubescent Arya.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It mainly felt like a bunch of character arcs being tied up with a neat bow so they could all get offed in the next episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

100% but the show has typically tried to avoid that with aging everyone up lmao

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
What with Euron's fleet and this whole episode this show has way too many unnecessary ships!

Thank you.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Arya and Gendry hook up then it will be as bad as the last few seasons of Sherlock. I'm sure it won't affect viewing as the next episode battle of Winterfell and nobody wants to miss that but it's so drat stupid.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

'If'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
The only real redeeming part of the episode for me was foreshadowing Dani going evil :dance:

But an episode of nothing but walking and talking and sitting and talking with scripts like this :negative:

E: spoilered for episode 2...I know we're in the spoiler thread but...

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 21, 2019