Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ALFbrot posted:

I don't know that there's any indication that any of them are from her original khalasar

All the named characters died but it was implied she still had a small bunch of them with her the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

All the named characters died but it was implied she still had a small bunch of them with her the whole time

It was me, Austin! It was me THE WHOLE TIME!

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Captain Splendid posted:

They didn't.

Rhaegal is still green with yellow wings

So they're only 95% the same color instead of 100%

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Its Coke posted:

I dunno, Viserion seems to have a pretty distinct look these days.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

They didn't.

Rhaegal is still green with yellow wings

Here's the difference from the end of season 2.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is there anyone left from Dany’s original dothraki crew?

I remember two handmaidens and a blood rider dying in Qarth but did the rest go join Ghost or what?

I remember she had that right-hand man (after all of her previous right-hand guys were killed or took off) that was with Jorah at the end of S2, and he survived Qarth, but they never showed him on screen again.

I think they just wrote her Dothraki guys out in favor of her new unsullied pals. I'd like to think he's there, just always sulking juuuuuust off-screen at having been replaced by Selmy and Grey Worm.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Episode 2 leaked, so anyone not wanting spoilers just a heads up they might be floating around.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Bronn shoots Tyrion with a crossbow while he’s taking a dump :ssh:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

epic forge sex (actual spoiler lmbo)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Its Coke posted:

Let's nerd out!

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Opferwurst posted:

Most of what you have written is contradicted by the show. The White Walkers have been living with the Wildlings in peace for thousands of years.

I guess technically Sauron lived in peace with Middle Earth for thousands of years too.

The White Walkers are the standard 'evil magical foe who's been gone longer than people remember but is now coming back for magical reasons,' GRRM adds shades to that but he's not going to turn it into some completely different thing where they are Actually Good, this isn't some moronic 'hey what about all the nice engineers who worked at the Death Star when the rebels blew it up' story.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 21, 2019

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

esperterra posted:

epic forge sex (actual spoiler lmbo)

If you've been on the internet for the past week and thought there were a lot of bran memes, it's going to pale in comparison to the amount (already being made) from this scene

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

People have to get their memes in before the end. It feels like people are working to find gags that will stick now, while they still have a chance.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Arya made the most limp-wristed throws with those dragon glass shards.

That little girl that wanted to fight who talked to Davos and Gilly might be the worst child actor since the boy Arya stabbed in season 1

Lmao, after all the hype about his return, Ghost's perfunctory appearance on the edge of the screen made me burst out laughing

Arya and Gendry bumping uglies is perhaps the most fanfiction-y the show has ever gotten

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I guess technically Sauron lived in peace with Middle Earth for thousands of years too.

The White Walkers are the standard 'evil magical foe who's been gone longer than people remember but is now coming back for magical reasons,' GRRM adds shades to that but he's not going to turn it into some completely different thing where they are Actually Good, this isn't some moronic 'hey what about all the nice engineers who worked at the Death Star when the rebels blew it up' story.

Yea in the books the White Walkers are really distinct from the Wights (which I don't feel like it makes enough of a deal about in the show) and definitely come across like elves made of ice.
And they've been gone for a really, really long time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Taear posted:

(which I don't feel like it makes enough of a deal about in the show)

I very much disagree with that. They really held the audience's hands on that with the Attack on Bloodraven's Cave.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The white walkers in the show very much come across as "ice sidhe" to me

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lycus posted:

I very much disagree with that. They really held the audience's hands on that with the Attack on Bloodraven's Cave.

You say that but aside from the Night King they feel really heavily like "it's all just zombies" and that's how people treat them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elephanthead posted:

Is hot pie dead? He is going to bake the ice king into a cake and become king.

I should probably spoiler that.

Does Hot Pie moonlight as a barber?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Taear posted:

You say that but aside from the Night King they feel really heavily like "it's all just zombies" and that's how people treat them.

That's very vague, but the show has definitely gone out it's way to dispel that. At worst, people I know call the White Walkers the "White Walker generals". They know they're different, even if they don't know what to call them.

E: And don't know what's been different about the Night King's acting from the other White Walkers.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 21, 2019

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Pedro De Heredia posted:

They haven't been gone. Craster has been sacrificing to them for decades and there are all kinds of hints that arrangements like that have existed earlier at various points in history. They were just sticking to their own territory before Mance(or something else) provoked them.

The only force of evil that we have seen in the books are all the lovely bickering nobles who have killed off a huge part of the population and completely devastated the land for their dumb inconsequential games(and that was one of the major points of AFFC). The Others haven't even done poo poo yet.

e: and Danny is the worst of all. She laid three entire huge cities to ruin and then hosed off, achieving absolutely nothing. All because she is batshit insane and has delusions of grandeur

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 21, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched the leaked episode. Spoilers it sucks

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lycus posted:

That's very vague, but the show has definitely gone out it's way to dispel that. At worst, people I know call the White Walkers the "White Walker generals". They know they're different, even if they don't know what to call them.

E: And don't know what's been different about the Night King's acting from the other White Walkers.

The night king is on all the posters and etc.
And it focuses on the night king a lot, it's much easier to realise it's important.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All the characters die in Episode 3 and the last episodes are about the Night King's series of land reforms and bureaucratic initiatives that lay the framework for a functional democracy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Danny's entire arc in Essos after leaving Qarth is probably a huge Iraq war critique. someone check out the dates, they should match

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Taear posted:

The night king is on all the posters and etc.
And it focuses on the night king a lot, it's much easier to realise it's important.

That's just how main characters are handled vs. extras. I don't that's contributing to any misconceptions.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
For those sick of GoT, have you considered Jesus?

(Apologies for the poo poo quality, I was in a moving vehicle)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Guys grocery game of thrones

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

But he did write, a ton. ASOIAF is longer than LOTR and the bible combined.

Its just now that the books loving suck

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Opferwurst posted:

Danny's entire arc in Essos after leaving Qarth is probably a huge Iraq war critique. someone check out the dates, they should match

Naw her crusade predated even 9/11.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The first three books were written in the 90s, right? It's easy to forget.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mantis42 posted:

Naw her crusade predated even 9/11.

But the Mereen Quagmire wasn’t until afterwards.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Lycus posted:

The first three books were written in the 90s, right? It's easy to forget.

A Game of Thrones (1996)
A Clash of Kings (1998)
A Storm of Swords (2000)
A Feast for Crows (2005)
A Dance with Dragons (2011)
The Winds of Winter (forthcoming [lol])
A Dream of Spring (forthcoming [lol])

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
My favorite GRRM thing is that in the epilogue to his own loving book he wrote that the next one would come within just a year and then it took him 6 years to publish what remains an incomplete version.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't they just call it A Wind Of Winter for consistency smh

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Can't they just call it A Wind Of Winter for consistency smh

That sounds like a Christmas fart.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Lycus posted:

That sounds like a Christmas fart.

Fitting tbh

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

Lmao, after all the hype about his return, Ghost's perfunctory appearance on the edge of the screen made me burst out laughing

Arya and Gendry bumping uglies is perhaps the most fanfiction-y the show has ever gotten

Same, after everyone was saying "Ghost has always been around, he's been hanging out barely off-screen the whole time!", and then we see Ghost do exactly that for 5 seconds on-screen made me laugh.

That forge sex scene was honestly really uncomfortable to watch, mainly because we've been with Arya for 8 years so it's difficult to see her as anything but a kid (same with Sansa in 'that scene' from S6). I guess D&D couldn't resist giving them The HBO Treatment now the actors are over 18.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

In It For The Tank posted:

Arya made the most limp-wristed throws with those dragon glass shards.

That little girl that wanted to fight who talked to Davos and Gilly might be the worst child actor since the boy Arya stabbed in season 1

Please tell me this is a joke

eta: PLEASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

trickybiscuits posted:

Please tell me this is a joke

eta: PLEASE

It's a joke.

That happens to be real.