Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I was literally making a mental list of People Who Are Going To Die In The Next Couple Episodes. So far, I've got Theon, Ser Jorah, Jaime, Pod, and Davos.

Theon is WAY up at number one, because there is no loving WAY he survives a confrontation with the Night King in the godswood.

calling it now, the night king goes for the ole groin kick to move theon out the way and theon looks up and grins.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
i feel like they could have done the arya/gendry ship by not making it the creepiest thing on earth and instead, like, reminding arya of when she used to have human emotions, or something, and maybe it could have been wholesome and not so insanely bad

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

*finds out she incested with her nephew* you mean i'm NOT the heir???

targs normally marry their siblings so a nephew isn't even incest.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

itskage posted:

lmbo gently caress off with this poo poo. You're whining about exposition in a show that started a decade ago when we're not going to see half these characters again. We deserve these moments. You want to be all like "beep boop the show did not advance the plot therefore it is bad writing beep" when Jaime just knighted Brienne, or Sam gave Jorah his family sword as if that doesn't mean poo poo in this character driven story. You and the Zaphod42's of the world: I'm sure I speak for over half of the thread readers when I say "lmbo gently caress off".

problem is they spent last season teleporting everyone around to get people into place when they could've taken their time and then had one last full season. at this point it's just get on with it. plus if the set up is this slow the next four episodes are gonna have to again zip through poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

13Pandora13 posted:

Lol why, she's a lovely leader and loving nuts

When has Jon ever cared about being king. He begrudgingly took on being King in the North.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mnoba posted:

calling it now, the night king goes for the ole groin kick to move theon out the way and theon looks up and grins.....

It's Theon, he'd get decked in the face, but not killed out of pity

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mnoba posted:

Yeah and I want to see Gendry dual wielding dragon glass hammers.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It's like I'm watching DBZ again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

itskage posted:

lmbo gently caress off with this poo poo. You're whining about exposition in a show that started a decade ago when we're not going to see half these characters again. We deserve these moments. You want to be all like "beep boop the show did not advance the plot therefore it is bad writing beep" when Jaime just knighted Brienne, or Sam gave Jorah his family sword as if that doesn't mean poo poo in this character driven story. You and the Zaphod42's of the world: I'm sure I speak for over half of the thread readers when I say "lmbo gently caress off".

the Jaime moment was good I guess. The rest of the episode was hamfisted poo poo tier dialogue that belonged in a Marvel movie.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Episode was great outside of the yikes Arya/Gendry scene, TV/IV goons brains have been broken since fat man stopped making books.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

Because she just lost her rightful claim with a male heir alive. Who cares about the loving!

Bu the loving means she be Queen...does she think he'll bogart the crown after getting to know him? That's how the Targs traditionally shared power too: equally with their relative spouses

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Arya's gone full-on anime where she's a master ninja assassin but has the body of a 13 year old girl.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bobjr posted:

It's Theon, he'd get decked in the face, but not killed out of pity

If the others don't point at Theon and laugh I am canceling HBO.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

teagone posted:

When has Jon ever cared about being king. He begrudgingly took on being King in the North.

A competent leader who doesn't hunger for endless power is 1000% better than an incompetent one who thinks she's owed the throne

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RevolverDivider posted:

Episode was great outside of the yikes Arya/Gendry scene, TV/IV goons brains have been broken since fat man stopped making books.

the show has been mediocre to terrible (and more on the latter side) since season 4. and i aint a reader of them books.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I was literally making a mental list of People Who Are Going To Die In The Next Couple Episodes. So far, I've got Theon, Ser Jorah, Jaime, Pod, and Davos.

Theon is WAY up at number one, because there is no loving WAY he survives a confrontation with the Night King in the godswood.

Jaime should be fine, I expect an ironic Cersei killing from him. Davos has no narrative purpose, nor does Jorah now so they're gone. Oddly, I think Theon is okay for a bit.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I feel like if the crypt does have proper fully intact bodies in it and they didn't remove or burn them, then that is some major idiot ball on the part of everyone at Winterfell. It's probably gonna happen now but man, that's just awful.

Now if the Night King actually does some sneaky poo poo and get some zombies in there somehow to kill people in the crypts, and then the people who die keep getting brought back and it spreads similar to a zombie outbreak, that'd be a fun turn and it'd be a nice surprise to see this oppressing evil force show some tactical guile that they weren't expecting.

I had figured that a loss and retreat made sense, but unless people are taking off on horseback I feel like they'd be screwed, it's hard to picture a whole army getting out of there unless they nope out before properly engaging. Travel rules are clearly out the window anyway so I guess that's still viable.

I think next episode we're losing Brianne, Giantsbane, Flamin' sword lord of light dude, Theon, Jorah and Podrick at a minimum, probably quite a few more than that. Bran being the bait means he's either toast or getting wheeled off to KL to be more bait.

Also I'm thinking we lose another Dragon here, that's sufficiently shocking to me, and it puts Dany or Jon in great peril until they barely get saved by a big ol' heroic sacrifice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah. Making Pod sing guarantees his death. I agree on Theon, Jorah, Jaime, Pod, and Davos. Tyrion has to live so that Bronn can decide to kill him (or not). Jamie will die saving Brienne and Tormund will live because he's good at killing people. Clegane will live because we need Cleganebowl. Dondarrion... no loving clue.

Arya will live because she still needs to have a chat with the Red Woman. Gendry's hosed because he hosed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tyrion’s going to live a while because he’s the only one who knows Bran’s story and I don’t even know why that would matter at this point.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

the Jaime moment was good I guess. The rest of the episode was hamfisted poo poo tier dialogue that belonged in a Marvel movie.

Hear, hear!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jorah's gone for sure next episode. But not before swinging around Heartsbane like William Wallace in Braveheart.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

teagone posted:

Almost like that's the cliche reason he'd be perfect and it's tragic when she dies.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
the biggest thing I'm worried about is the Night King depriving me of the Cleganebowl I've been lusting for, for like a decade now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JT Jag posted:

the biggest thing I'm worried about is the Night King depriving me of the Cleganebowl I've been lusting for, for like a decade now

the mountain looks so dumb on the show though.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Everyone’s saying that, but a bunch of brittle-rear end skeletons aren’t going to be able to punch their way out of their crypts. Ned’s probably the freshest body there.

In S2 or S3 they make a point to mention that it's Ned's bones that were returned to the North; his body's long gone. The only question is whether the crypts were for Starks/nobles only or if all the dead were interred there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

don't care, give me Cleganebowl

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Theon is one insane gently caress to stand by Bran.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bran told Tyrion his story so i guess Bran is dead

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

teagone posted:

Jorah's gone for sure next episode. But not before swinging around Heartsbane like William Wallace in Braveheart.

Jorah, Grey Work, Tyrion, and Theon are 100% gone. Kinda got vibes for Arya, Davos and Jamie too but we'll see. Everybody else is a coin flip. I assume Dany and Jon are gonna make it out at a minimum, also probably Sansa.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Since Mtn. Clegane is already dead and revived, how does that work with the Night King? Is he going to like, snap is fingers and everyone in the throne room eats poo poo immediately accordingly?

Actually that seems pretty likely.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was hoping in the last season's truce negotiations for Qyburn to look at the zombie and say "we already got one of those."

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Mustache Ride posted:

It's like I'm watching DBZ again.

So you’re saying Ned will be revived and steal the win?

(Jaime would be Vegeta in this analogy)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

JT Jag posted:

Cleganebowl

:golfclap:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JT Jag posted:

bud light gave us the only Cleganebowl we'll ever see

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

are they on the 4th or 5th actor now or is it still the iceland guy

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
episode good except for arya/gendry and sansa/dany

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Like, Theon ran from some dudes and left his sister once. What happens when the Night King plops down next to him on a dragon.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Bran told Tyrion his story so i guess Bran is dead

Eh I'm kind of still leaning towards Bran being the Night King though time and space fuckery.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

are they on the 4th or 5th actor now or is it still the iceland guy

it's still him (1st season guy obviously objectively the best one) but i saw art of what zombie mountain looks like in the books and it's so much better than the skyrim reject we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

Since Mtn. Clegane is already dead and revived, how does that work with the Night King? Is he going to like, snap is fingers and everyone in the throne room eats poo poo immediately accordingly?

Actually that seems pretty likely.
I think the Mountain is a voodoo-style zombie and not a Romero-style zombie