Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Doltos posted:

I always wonder who supports D&D turning a nuanced book into watered down sex and gore but here you go

Lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Next week Beric dies by transferring his own life force to resurrect... Theon's dick.

Carts and Grey Worm look on in envy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JT Jag posted:

what nuanced book, there's been no book to base the show off of for over a season

The quality started dropping off before the book material ended.

TyrantWD posted:

The biggest problem people seem to have with the sex scene is that we got to know Arya when Maisie Williams was 12, and somehow still looks 12.

Yeah I felt physically uncomfortable watching that. Maisie Williams just looks so young.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well you’re probably going to have to keep waiting since that’s most assuredly a digitally inserted body double, like Dany in Vaes Dothrak or Cersei’s walk of shame.

Or what they also do and had her wear clothes, but then digitally inserted nudity.

Cersei will be the final bad of the series, because i cannot imagine her end being less satisfying than the Night King.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fellatio del Toro posted:

at least I get to look forward to half of these characters getting killed next week
the director for the next episode is the guy who did the Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome so it's gonna be a bloodbath

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Sydin posted:

Jorah... I want you to have my father's printer. I'm too weak to hold it upright, but I heard you once carried one a great ways.

scrolling through & this made me lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

precision posted:

Next episode won't be the final battle for the Walkers, just the final battle for half the cast.

I'm betting there are two big battle scenes this season. Next week is the one that makes everyone lose hope.

Yeah. If it stays consistent, the 4th episode is the one that will have the "holy poo poo" moment.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

"And she shat and shat. The more she drank the more she shat"

Love that nuance baby

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TyrantWD posted:

The biggest problem people seem to have with the sex scene is that we got to know Arya when Maisie Williams was 12, and somehow still looks 12.

She doesn't look 12 at all she just has a very round head. When she makes any kind of facial expression besides boredom she definitely looks like she's in her 20s.

She'd also extremely short so I guess that plays into it as well. Gendry is like a good foot and a half above her.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Matt Zerella posted:

"And she shat and shat. The more she drank the more she shat"

Love that nuance baby

It's consistent to what the character would do

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JT Jag posted:

what nuanced book, there's been no book to base the show off of for over a season

The current season is based on notes written on a napkin during a jets game that say “Arya+Gendry, Brienne+Tormund, night king wins”

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

The quality started dropping off before the book material ended.

Yeah I felt physically uncomfortable watching that. Maisie Williams just looks so young.

Kinda. It's mostly when they ran into stuff that was half finished in book 4/5 and decided to make up new stuff or change things to try to meet the end conclusions for characters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Baron von Eevl posted:

The reason Tyrion's been giving poo poo advice some season 4 is he stopped loving, he's like Elaine.

Tyrion: "How come he's gettin so smart? I stopped having sex 4 seasons ago and I don't know no Dothraki"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

The current season is based on notes written on a napkin during a jets game that say “Arya+Gendry, Brienne+Tormund, night king wins”

Better than book 5.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lol, people double checking to make sure if it was OK that it moved during that scene

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

twistedmentat posted:

Or what they also do and had her wear clothes, but then digitally inserted nudity.

Which somehow feels worse to me, honestly.

"Hey, I get that being put into a sex scene can be really uncomfortable and also triggering questions about the male gaze and exploitation of women in the entertainment industry, so you can just wear clothes for it. But don't worry, we'll use our computers to pore over every inch of your body and replace it with a digital substitute to make sure everything thinks you're really nude."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Tyrion: "How come he's gettin so smart? I stopped having sex 4 seasons ago and I don't know no Dothraki"
Pod has mastered swordsmanship and become a great singer in the span of a season so this theory checks out

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nail Rat posted:

She doesn't look 12 at all she just has a very round head. When she makes any kind of facial expression besides boredom she definitely looks like she's in her 20s.

She'd also extremely short so I guess that plays into it as well. Gendry is like a good foot and a half above her.

Tiny and in really good shape.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

They've been hiding her body growth by dressing her like a boy or ninja her entire time on the show so she doesn't look to age as much as everyone else and everyone still thinks of her as a girl. On top of that, a lot of people just don't like seeing people they knew as preteens having sex in general because they get natually paternal/maternal over them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just want the Night King to say something. Just give him a line or two, I just don't want him to be this force that never says anything the whole series.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

JT Jag posted:

Which is why I’m ok with them sticking to the 73 episode goal set in season 2 and hurrying, rather than the show overstaying it’s welcome and going for 10 seasons of 10 episodes. Benioff and Weiss are great at adapting the series for TV, but when the author himself can’t figure out how to pull this grand story together and release another book after 9 years, I can’t begrudge them too much for not living up to the standards of earlier seasons.

It’s like having a heart surgeon sub in for a neurosurgery. Sure it would be ideal if the neurosurgeon was available to carry out this important surgery, but the heart surgeon is all we have got. The fact that they don’t want to put themselves in a position where they have to create even more of the story from scratch is completely understandable.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

bobjr posted:

I just want the Night King to say something. Just give him a line or two, I just don't want him to be this force that never says anything the whole series.

Nah I dont want him to talk, it makes the white walkers seem more alien and inhuman.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh yeah there was one other thing I didn't like (and I'm saying this as someone who still generally likes the show and loved this episode). Sam's weird way too long speech about death during the war room meeting. What was that

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
It was cool when a woman who is 22, but at one point was 12 (like most 22 year olds) had sex and everyone had to post "Umm gross much?" for eight pages.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Didn't Jon say he'd kill Theon the next time he saw him or something? The episode was ripe for a Whoops murder

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LinYutang posted:

Didn't Jon say he'd kill Theon the next time he saw him or something? The episode was ripe for a Whoops murder

There was a whole scene last season where Jon forgave Theon to his face

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Macaluso posted:

Oh yeah there was one other thing I didn't like (and I'm saying this as someone who still generally likes the show and loved this episode). Sam's weird way too long speech about death during the war room meeting. What was that

"Death is just the ultimate forgetting, maaaan. It's the only thing that makes us not men anymore, maaaaan."

Sam then takes a deep inhale from his family sword-bong and begins talking about how only Joy Division truly understood him.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Look, uncomfortable Maisie Williams sex scene is the price you pay for all of the much more erotic sex scenes from the early seasons. You got Natalie Dormer, Sibel Kekilli, and Nathalie Emmanuel. Now it's time to pay the Arya price.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

Look at this misanthrope not enjoying 58 minutes of filler

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Anyone else call Arya/Gendry back in like Season 2?

Pretty sure the Bad Thread wrote that fanfic back in Season 2.

Along with Arya/Jon and Arya/Catelyn.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Doltos posted:

Yeah, 1016 pages of filler is much better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fellatio del Toro posted:

at least I get to look forward to half of these characters getting killed next week

if only the same could be said of the forums

I amongst them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

You should maybe look at his other posts in the Game of Thrones threads

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah, 1016 pages of filler is much better.

me matt zerella, me hate book, me love disappointing tv

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Mantis42 posted:

Look, uncomfortable Maisie Williams sex scene is the price you pay for all of the much more erotic sex scenes from the early seasons. You got Natalie Dormer, Sibel Kekilli, and Nathalie Emmanuel. Now it's time to pay the Arya price.

What is the option for "None of the above" and/or "Oh god please stop putting sex scenes on my prestige television I just want to watch people brood about their emotions no more boobs please."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Doltos posted:

me matt zerella, me hate book, me love disappointing tv
you're just trolling at this point dude

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What a waste of an episode. Nothing happened.

And the writing is so dumb now. :sigh:

Brienne being knighted was like the only scene I really enjoyed. The rest was just going through the motions. Nothing interesting at all.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

What is the option for "None of the above" and/or "Oh god please stop putting sex scenes on my prestige television I just want to watch people brood about their emotions no more boobs please."

What are you gonna do? People like titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JT Jag posted:

you're just trolling at this point dude

The episode stunk and he's posted several times about the book in the last two pages