Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

It also adds electric damage and crit to the primary fire when shooting through the orbs.

It's still not amazing, but it tries.

Wait so it's a freakin Volt Shield on demand?

poo poo, it's got a 5 Dispo, I might have to try and make this thing badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

big cummers ONLY posted:

How many formas are you using in you folks using in your Mesa Ps? I have heard everything ranging from 1 to 8, between the frame and the exalted weapon. I'd like to squeeze by with the lowest number I can, which might be easy since I don't have primed mods.

Even with primed mods you only need like 1-2 on the frame and 3 on the Regulators.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey anyone got a quick guide on how to build kitguns (not the mechanics but advice for what parts to use)? Think I might get one for the gild challenge
Haymaker is the best grip for Tombfinger and Catchmoon, while Lovetap is the best-balanced for Rattleguts. Use Splat or Killstream for the loader depending on your preferences re: mag size and reload speed.

e:

Flytrap posted:

Wait so it's a freakin Volt Shield on demand?

poo poo, it's got a 5 Dispo, I might have to try and make this thing badass.

Go look it up on the wiki before you go rolling rivens, it's not quite that good.

It does have some goofy interactions though, so it can be fun to mess around with.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 22, 2019

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Tombfinger-Haymaker-Stitch Splat
Catchmoon-Haymaker-Zipneedle Splat

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Profit-taker is just a miserable fight, it doesn't help that I'm stuck pubbing it up on PS4. But I need to do it for Hildryn. ugh...

Unrelated, I finally started to put sizable damage into the Eidolons using Volt, Rubico Prime, and a 111 amp. I have a 322 made and ready, but I want to max out the 111 first for the MR.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Helter Skelter posted:

It's still not amazing, but it tries.
another thread title candidate

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Helter Skelter posted:

Even with primed mods you only need like 1-2 on the frame and 3 on the Regulators.

All Madurai?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

wait these have a name? and you think we learned them?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah I have finally learned to consult the wiki first when I have a question, and have been punished by learning only the things that don't matter

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

"Vee", "Dash" or "the vitality one".

For mesa I turned her Aura into a dash and added a vee. For regulators I added 2 vees.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 22, 2019

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

For the Regulators and if you're just doing 1 forma on the frame (which is really all you need unless you're aiming for a silly Umbral build or something), yeah.

E: Actually Mesa just needs the aura polarity changed to -.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 22, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Madurai is the V.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I just automatically mod every aura slot to take corrosive projection/siphon energy/loot radar/enemy radar. Can't live without em.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The armor types wouldn't be so dumb if it was simplified and actually knowable just by playing. Most people will never see in game anything about any armor or clone flesh because there is zero in mission way you'll never pick that up. Just give me some sweet colored health bars and armor types I can count on one hand.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Phigs posted:

I just automatically mod every aura slot to take corrosive projection/siphon energy/loot radar/enemy radar. Can't live without em.

The auras are Corrosive Projection, and the ones you shouldn't use outside extreme gimmick builds.

Almost everyone mods their aura slots for a dash because Corrosive Projection is just so much better than any other option. The people who don't get yelled at in high level content because they make everything so much harder boring.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

StashAugustine posted:

Hey anyone got a quick guide on how to build kitguns (not the mechanics but advice for what parts to use)? Think I might get one for the gild challenge

Crit parts. Catchmoon/Tombfinger + Haymaker + Splat, for example. Rattleguts might trade off a part for ROF and Gaze trade off a part for range (Ramble, I think) but you can only go varying degrees of right with crit kitguns, not wrong.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

endlessmonotony posted:

The auras are Corrosive Projection, and the ones you shouldn't use outside extreme gimmick builds.

Almost everyone mods their aura slots for a dash because Corrosive Projection is just so much better than any other option. The people who don't get yelled at in high level content because they make everything so much harder boring.

Yeah Corrosive is the main reason but it's funny that most of the good gimmick auras are also dash. From memory Energy Siphon I use on Saryn cause she strips armor anyways and Limbo when I'm just holding down a spot forever and don't give a poo poo if anything dies. Enemy radar is nice for solo survival and loot detector is for random looting runs like wisps.

On the subject of kitguns I really favor Rattleguts. It's such a super versatile weapon that you're never unhappy to have, especially with pax charge so you never run out of ammo either. Just knowing you can bring whatever niche random primary and if all else fails just whip out your secondary to do ~whatever~ is so valuable. I built the Tombfinger first and sometimes I'd just be pissed at the travel time projectile, especially since all my favorite primaries are short ranged or projectile as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Uh...okay wasn't expecting that. So got a bunch of Mutagen Mass from invasions, decided to make some Infested weapons, get MR at least. Spent some time trying out this Mutalist Quanta, trying to figure out what the gently caress its alt fire does. It has no range, I can't seem to make it explode on command, you can sorta lob it right on an enemy for a low DoT...

Then I noticed I could fire through it and they couldn't fire back. It's a shield. One that seems to be time based instead of health based.

That seems like it'd be really OP if the gun itself didn't seem like a piece of poo poo outside of it.

A lot of people have tried to make the MutaQuanta good. No one has succeeded.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

MutaQuanta was my very first riven :smith:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand, the reload animation is so kawaii.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
That’s the “gobble gobble gobble” one, right?

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
question: is possible to finish nightwave for a few hours each day? I mostly wanna devote my time to doing homework more nowadays since that's all I'm gonna use my computer for now ( I still live with my parents and i'm like 19 this year).

Fruity20 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 22, 2019

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Fruity20 posted:

question: is possible to finish nightwave for a few hours each day? I mostly wanna devote my time to doing homework more nowadays since that's all I'm gonna use my computer for now a days ( I still live with my parents and i'm like 19 this year).

I barely have 2 hours to play each day and I could do it but I have good support (a wife that helps me out in missions). You need a good weekend to ensure you finish the whole set since some of them could be loving annoying, like the Index one or the one hour survival.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fruity20 posted:

question: is possible to finish nightwave for a few hours each day? I mostly wanna devote my time to doing homework more nowadays since that's all I'm gonna use my computer for now ( I still live with my parents and i'm like 19 this year).

Finish every mission every week probably not, finish enough to reach rank 30 over the course of the whole season easily. I've been playing 2-3 times a week over the course of the season and hit rank 29 today ignoring any mission that I thought was going to annoy the piss out of me (I haven't done any of the animal capture, index or 60 minute survival ones). With daily missions stacking up to 3 deep you could drop in for a few hours every 2-3 days and get enough done for sure. Despite what some people feel it isn't some insane grind frenzy where you need to get absolutely everything done.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

njsykora posted:

Finish every mission every week probably not, finish enough to reach rank 30 over the course of the whole season easily. I've been playing 2-3 times a week over the course of the season and hit rank 29 today ignoring any mission that I thought was going to annoy the piss out of me (I haven't done any of the animal capture, index or 60 minute survival ones). With daily missions stacking up to 3 deep you could drop in for a few hours every 2-3 days and get enough done for sure. Despite what some people feel it isn't some insane grind frenzy where you need to get absolutely everything done.

well that's good to hear.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

njsykora posted:

Animal captures are easy, just bring Enemy radar (animals show up on it), and preferably Equinox (or Ivara), you can perfect capture 3 poppers in one go with Equinox's sleep if you stay out far enough.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was extremely ready to start complaining about these Nightwave missions but to be honest the two weird elite ones aren’t that bad and you can get them done in one mission. Playing an hour is meh but assuming you get with a goon group (which I guess you’re required to) it won’t be too bad. Plus, who doesn’t need kuva?

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Anora posted:

Animal captures are easy, just bring Enemy radar (animals show up on it), and preferably Equinox (or Ivara), you can perfect capture 3 poppers in one go with Equinox's sleep if you stay out far enough.

maybe i'm super impatient, i didn't see any animals even when i used bait or their mating calls.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Fruity20 posted:

maybe i'm super impatient, i didn't see any animals even when i used bait or their mating calls.
For Animal Captures:
- Ivara
- Hunt Pobbers

Use Prowl immediately after using the call, then start spinning around with your RMB clicked until it highlights the pobbers. Wait for them to approach. Switch off tranq rifle, activate your 2 for steering ability, 1 change to sleep arrow. Steer a sleep arrow into one of their little cute faces. Congrats on 3 perfect captures.

Don't bother with birds or even the big slower creatures for the Nightwave, since pobbers go fast and actually show up on the ground right away.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Alaan posted:

Valkyr is really fun gently caress the haters! The slide attack on her claws is one of my favorite things in Warframe. Sure other people can kill better but sliding into a crowd and unleashing your murder tornado is a blast.

i've been thinking of getting garuda since she seems simlar to her.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

For Animal Captures:
- Ivara
- Hunt Pobbers

Use Prowl immediately after using the call, then start spinning around with your RMB clicked until it highlights the pobbers. Wait for them to approach. Switch off tranq rifle, activate your 2 for steering ability, 1 change to sleep arrow. Steer a sleep arrow into one of their little cute faces. Congrats on 3 perfect captures.

Don't bother with birds or even the big slower creatures for the Nightwave, since pobbers go fast and actually show up on the ground right away.

are pobbers the small tiny mice things?

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Why Splat versus the others? I’ve seen recommendations on both sides and I’m wondering about the differences.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fruity20 posted:

are pobbers the small tiny mice things?

Yep

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mentalcontempt posted:

Why Splat versus the others? I’ve seen recommendations on both sides and I’m wondering about the differences.

Splat has the highest crit chance of all loaders, and for Tombfinger and Catchmoon you don't care about status chance, you just want the one single shot to do as much god drat damage as humanly possible. With Primed Pistol Gambit, those guns will get I believe 99% crit chance with a Splat, and reload speed isn't so different between the loaders that you need to worry about it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fruity20 posted:

i've been thinking of getting garuda since she seems simlar to her.
IMO Garuda is roughly equally survivable to a Eternal War build, provides better team support, and scales better into endgame. But Garuda can't Spiderman around a map, so Valkyr is infinitely superior

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

njsykora posted:

Splat has the highest crit chance of all loaders, and for Tombfinger and Catchmoon you don't care about status chance, you just want the one single shot to do as much god drat damage as humanly possible. With Primed Pistol Gambit, those guns will get I believe 99% crit chance with a Splat, and reload speed isn't so different between the loaders that you need to worry about it.

It should be noted the crit is tied with the other faster but smaller rank 4 crit loader, but that one for a while was much easier to build because longwinders are pretty easy to find. Dunno about now though but if you don't have the synthanid bits or whatever you can use that instead, the difference practically doesn't exist.

Soothing Vapors posted:

IMO Garuda is roughly equally survivable to a Eternal War build, provides better team support, and scales better into endgame. But Garuda can't Spiderman around a map, so Valkyr is infinitely superior

Garuda can however launch herself claws first at a man across the map, which is still fun.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 22, 2019

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Today is a good day.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Zoig posted:

It should be noted the crit is tied with the other faster but smaller rank 4 crit loader, but that one for a while was much easier to build because longwinders are pretty easy to find. Dunno about now though but if you don't have the synthanid bits or whatever you can use that instead, the difference practically doesn't exist.

It's Killstream. Splat has bigger mag, Killstream has faster reload. But either way the difference is just not that significant so it just comes down to personal preference.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Soothing Vapors posted:

Zoig posted:

Garuda can however launch herself claws first at a man across the map, which is still fun.

when garuda was first released, i felt like she was basically valkyr 2.0 right down to having claws.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
garuda's got unique relationships with energy and health which can be exploited in different ways with creative mod use, but her actual powers aren't all that great. like, why the heck do you have to charge her lackluster 4?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
NOw that I’m past rank 30 for night wave, I can dispassionately look at a challenge and just go “naw.” An hours play for 10k points, a rank up and 15 wolf creds? Oh, that’s half a potato. gently caress that. See you next week Nora, bring better skins with you next time too. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

mentalcontempt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFcyL0PJJE&feature=youtu.be&t=85