Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Gripweed posted:

I did it, I beat Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. That elite four/champion sequence was awesome, and I really liked the final little fight with May. That was a nice way to end the game.

I wasn't crazy about the weird sequel tease at the end. Watching the meteor shower with May was such a nice moment to end on, but they kinda ruined it by reminding you of your dysfunctional home life just to get you interested in the next game. Also, why do you need to buy tickets to see a meteor shower?

That quibble aside, I really liked the game. As I said, I hadn't played a Pokemon since I was a small child with Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy, but I am back on the Pokemon train now

you should keep playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

El Burbo posted:

No, it's not a tease for the next game, it's a tease for the post-game story

Oh.

Nevermind, I take back my final thoughts until I actually beat the game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Am I gonna have to decide whether to give the ticket to May or the Ex-Team Aqua girl?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who would you give it to regardless

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

looker

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I really loved the postgame battle with Brendan or May, it just puts a great cap on the main story

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RR episode spoilers:

me: Okay I'm on my last legs due to mixing a type matchup but if I remember my gen 3, that camerupt was maxie's ace and it's all downhill from there
maxie: my man have you heard of this boy named groudon
me: oh right this is maxie from an alternate universe where he won, of course he has groudon

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

RR episode spoilers:

me: Okay I'm on my last legs due to mixing a type matchup but if I remember my gen 3, that camerupt was maxie's ace and it's all downhill from there
maxie: my man have you heard of this boy named groudon
me: oh right this is maxie from an alternate universe where he won, of course he has groudon

Be warned, ALL of the bosses in there have their target Legendary. Be prepared.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BlazetheInferno posted:

After I got demolished, I assumed that would be the case. This is gonna be fun. :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think I managed to avoid wipes in both RR runs, once with the Alolan Only and once with the Ghost Team.

How I survived with the Ghost Team I have no clue. Dark shits on it so hard.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

There should totally be DLC with a Rainbow Rocket opponent for every legendary/mythical. The Pokemon Go team leaders with the Kanto legendary birds, Lawrence III with Lugia or Mew, the Iron-Masked Marauder with Celebi, an evil version of Eusine with Suicune...

Not sure who they'd use for Ho-Oh, though; I can't remember a villain in any continuity who had designs on Ho-Oh. Maybe the GSC rival or an evil version of Ash Ketchum?

Edit: I guess Archer can have Ho-Oh because he's the Gen II "villainous team leader" despite not even having a name at the time.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 22, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new pokemon movie trailer

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1120344032016621571

pangoro :allears:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Oh my goodness that's delightful.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If you haven't played Pokemon in a while, you should pick it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDgtg0kDpEk

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

God this is what I've needed for years.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like Pancham is oddly the most common Pokemon in this alternate world's Pokemon city

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

I am glad that they know that Pokemon are friends.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that psyduck looks disgusting

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The White Dragon posted:

that psyduck looks disgusting

I used to think that too, but it grew on me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i mean not like it's offensive but like if you touched it your hands would be covered in poo poo

"grimy"

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Don’t touch birds without washing your hands afterwards, btw.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Yeah like have you touched a duck. They look pillowy and soft, but they're pretty gross.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Waterfowl in particular are kind of oily. It helps them stay warm and dry when they float or dive. You can't fly if you're weighed down by water!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

The White Dragon posted:

i mean not like it's offensive but like if you touched it your hands would be covered in poo poo

"grimy"

Persistent migraines can make it hard to do self-care

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

psyduck cute

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This movie is going to be great :allears:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This movie is going to be great :allears:

It's like the directors are giving me everything I've ever wanted in a piece of pokemon media. Like verbatim this is it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
HOW loving LONG IS THIS GAME? After defeating an ancient god, foiling a terrorist scheme, ending a flood that was destroying the world, and becoming champion of the Pokemon league, I then went on to tame a dragon god, free the last scion of a dragon cult from her endless vigil, destroy a meteor hurtling towards earth, and kill the alien monster hiding inside.

And after all that, I'm handed a boat ticket and a new starter. What the gently caress is gonna be on the other end of that boat ride? Am I gonna find out the moon is a Pokemon that wants to kill the sun? How much more can this story escalate?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Gripweed posted:

HOW loving LONG IS THIS GAME? After defeating an ancient god, foiling a terrorist scheme, ending a flood that was destroying the world, and becoming champion of the Pokemon league, I then went on to tame a dragon god, free the last scion of a dragon cult from her endless vigil, destroy a meteor hurtling towards earth, and kill the alien monster hiding inside.

And after all that, I'm handed a boat ticket and a new starter. What the gently caress is gonna be on the other end of that boat ride? Am I gonna find out the moon is a Pokemon that wants to kill the sun? How much more can this story escalate?

Yeah you're at the end of the game now. The remaining story content is some minor vignettes and some stuff locked behind completing the highest tier contests and the difficult as hell Battle Facility.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Don't forget to catch the alien. Deoxys respawns after that encounter at the top of the sky pillar.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I stopped playing Pokemon after Gen 3. I'm playing through Platinum (for the first time) right now, and will go through all the remaining main DS games. I highly doubt I'll ever play the 3DS ones. Anyway, a question. My knowledge of Pokemon mechanics is pretty much limited to what a kid playing Pokemon would have known or cared about; is there ever a good reason not to evolve a Pokemon? Cute Pokemon were always my favorite, especially "baby" ones like Pichu, starters, etc. and would love to just them without having to evolve them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Zore posted:

Yeah you're at the end of the game now. The remaining story content is some minor vignettes and some stuff locked behind completing the highest tier contests and the difficult as hell Battle Facility.

oh good. I really enjoyed the game but if there was more significant plot after that, that would be too much

Flopsy posted:

Don't forget to catch the alien. Deoxys respawns after that encounter at the top of the sky pillar.

That guy's a dick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Farecoal posted:

I stopped playing Pokemon after Gen 3. I'm playing through Platinum (for the first time) right now, and will go through all the remaining main DS games. I highly doubt I'll ever play the 3DS ones. Anyway, a question. My knowledge of Pokemon mechanics is pretty much limited to what a kid playing Pokemon would have known or cared about; is there ever a good reason not to evolve a Pokemon? Cute Pokemon were always my favorite, especially "baby" ones like Pichu, starters, etc. and would love to just them without having to evolve them.

Eviolite can stregthen pre-evos but that's one of a very few ways pre-evos can get a leg up on their evos

About the only other one I can think of is like how Scyther and Scizor have the same bst so you might want Scyther higher speed for something or another

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Farecoal posted:

There are always moves that can only be learned in a lower stage, so it can be beneficial to delay evolution for as long as it takes to get them. Sometimes upwards of twenty or more levels beyond where they'd naturally evolve. This is especially true with stone evolvers who usually stop learning anything after evolving. Take Shroomish for example: it evolves in the early 20s, but only learns its best move Spore in its 40s.

That said, it is worth it to evolve anything that can evolve eventually. The stats are almost always worth it as soon as you get decent moves.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
that all being said you can totally get through single player not evolving anything, pokemon ain't hard. just use the babies you enjoy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Meltan good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVvMSvzce3o

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Playing through Omega Ruby. I like how we got exp share, but man I miss the exp system from Ultra Moon. I want my Sandslash to be useful already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I could not get through Omega Ruby. I thought I just didn't like the remake, but then I got Alpha Sapphire and loved it. I played the original Sapphire back in the day, so maybe that's why. I dunno.