Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

You can't expect much from a chinagame that doesn't focus heavily on wuxia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 4, 2020

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

puberty worked me over posted:

MMO .... Dynasty Warriors.

Man, rip Dynasty Warriors Online.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Any updates on Wushu 2?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They don't understand, because they weren't there man! Telling people you played a buggy rear end MMO that allowed you to shout in random pics and then you formed a goonball and used giant billboards demanding money as camouflage while stealing poo poo from the Shaolin makes for an amazing story.

I never played this buggy rear end MMO because it looked full of jank and pay2win cashgrabs and watching paint dry timesinks, but I absolutely love the dumb PvP stories that came out of it and would love to hear any.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbeet posted:

Any updates on Wushu 2?

Yes, always one year away from today

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never played this buggy rear end MMO because it looked full of jank and pay2win cashgrabs and watching paint dry timesinks, but I absolutely love the dumb PvP stories that came out of it and would love to hear any.

Chinagame will always have a special place just because of the purestrain insanity that regularly occurred and hell it even survived decently well through the second internals before pay-to-win poo poo started to dig in. The problem with trying to explain wushu to someone is that it will just make them think you're insane.

Like the fact that for a time a bunch of people were fighting over spots to sit in trees for weeks on end. Massive brawls in the middle of cities because of puke. Forcing a leader of one of the schools to be demoted by suplexing him off the cliff (repeatedly) so he couldn't sign up for the fights. Breaking goons out of jail before they could be executed. Goons dying be the hundreds in early fights against the viet guild and turning them into pyrrhic victories. Or just the mundane hilarity of finding a rival guild member next to a waterfall or whatever and slingshotting them off. And even the pvevp part was integrated surprisingly well with the dungeon invasions. And that's all before you get into the insane chaos that was scroll stealing times which is its whole other thing.

And then at the end of the day if you were a member of a school that cared about pesky little things like rules you'd be stuck doing lines as punishment while sitting next to said rival members and wondering why you were still playing this bizarre game. That or stuck in jail while playing board games for quite significant amounts of time usually, again, with the people you were just fighting.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 31, 2019

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Rynoto posted:

And then at the end of the day if you were a member of a school that cared about pesky little things like rules you'd be stuck doing lines as punishment while sitting next to said rival members and wondering why you were still playing this bizarre game. That or stuck in jail while playing board games for quite significant amounts of time usually, again, with the people you were just fighting.

Haha wtf, what does doing lines even mean? Is there a mini game where you have to hand write poo poo over and over again?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Xun posted:

Haha wtf, what does doing lines even mean? Is there a mini game where you have to hand write poo poo over and over again?

For scholars, at least, it was just sitting on a nice comfy pillow writing on those bamboo sheet things for a time that was relative to the amount of rules you broke. No minigames. Just waiting and watching the small animation while seated next to a bunch of other naughty rulebreakers. Having hour plus punishment periods wasn't unusual for the neutral/good schools if you were big into open world pvp and dickery. Other schools had the same type of thing with different animations/repenting types though I don't know the specifics of them.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 1, 2019

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I hope the second one is as hilarious because goddamn do I want to play

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I seem to remember the Shaolin repentance being just beating yourself over the head repeatedly?

e: Also you had to repent for stuff like drinking alcohol. What a bunch of bald uptight assholes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I only repented once as a royal guard and I have no idea what I did for that.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Third World Reagan posted:

I only repented once as a royal guard and I have no idea what I did for that.

quote:

Each school have their specific rules. Violating these rules will earn you Punishment Points (PP), once you have accumulated 100 PP,
you will be forced to repent at school's specified area, unable to do anything beside kneeling.

NOTE: You can also repent at specified area before your PP reaches 100. (-10 PP every 10 minutes)

Shaolin 少林 - Monk (7 rules)
● Did not wear proper clothing (+10 PP) [Naked while staying in school / city.
● Drink wine / beer (+10 PP)
● Kill a player from own school (+40 PP)
● Slaughter Value more than 2,000 (+20 PP)
● Kidnap a player (+10 PP)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Wudang 武当 (7 rules)
● Did not wear proper clothing (+10 PP)
● Sell a kidnapped player (+10 PP)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Emei 峨眉 (7 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Gai Bang 丐帮 - Beggars Sect (6 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Ji Le Gu 极乐谷 - Blissful / Wanderer's Valley (1 rule)

Jin Yi Wei 锦衣卫 - Royal Guards (2 rules)

Tang Men 唐门 (3 rules)

Jun Zi Tang 君子堂 - Scholars (7 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)
lmbo imagine getting put into time out shame zone because you tried to earn some unbound silver

e: as opposed to getting put into shame wall for murdering your fellow school members but in my defense all Tang players were assholes

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 1, 2019

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Only Beggars and WV didn’t care if you ran around without pants so they were the best schools by default. Also vomiting on people to make them drunk and pile driving people for Beggars and dunking people into the volcano in WV.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Beggars could throw up on people and get them drunk, which would get them in trouble with their school.

Also you could use repentance time to gently caress with people because you were immune to pvp while repenting. Plenty of times I remember being chased around scholars and ducking into one of the desks, surrounded by some angry dudes with knives and swords waiting for my time to be up. Other goons did it too, there’s even a screenshot floating around of that.

There was also the time we had the goon cops kill grithok so that he could sign us up for war.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
I miss this game, no one plays it anymore right?

The first guild fights we had were epic.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah last time I dropped in there was literally nobody but bots and like 5 p2w goobers trying to feel like they got their money's worth

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beggars best school. Spending time in jail for puking all over everyone at the Luo Yang auction house and then getting busted out by goons was good times.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nothing will ever beat the one time I actually managed to land the impossibly bad Beggar flying suplex in one of those mass PvP fights and take someone with me into an abyss.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

throw to first drat IT posted:

lmbo imagine getting put into time out shame zone because you tried to earn some unbound silver

e: as opposed to getting put into shame wall for murdering your fellow school members but in my defense all Tang players were assholes

It's funny, WV let you walk around naked but were paradoxically the best dressed so why bother.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Royal Guard was the best because you could use your chain to yank people right off their stupid horses for your buddies to curb stomp.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
RG was also great because I made an alt that I parked in Emei's meditation zone and if I was bored, I would switch to that and throw all the AFK people down the waterfall and if someone tried to fight me, I would just bounce in the air on the waterfall and they either had to run away or eventually get pulled in too.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I just liked scholars for the silly fancy clothes and how pretty the school zone was :shrug:

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Xii posted:

I miss this game, no one plays it anymore right?

The first guild fights we had were epic.

You can play on the chinese server, we had a discord group for it. Was a fun two months or so on a new server, but the language barrier makes grouping outside of our group hard. Otherwise though, we have a translation pack and the server ping is fairly decent. It's a totally playable chinagame experience minus the goon retard squad.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
if there's no goon retard squad then what's even the point

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

hailthefish posted:

I just liked scholars for the silly fancy clothes and how pretty the school zone was :shrug:

I liked scholar because people thought it was just spin to win and in a duel if you broke out leisure kick they'd have no idea what was going on

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought it was weird how two of the three beggar's styles needed to build resources in order to use all the abilities or combo, but everyone else just hit buttons and used their abilities. Which was sad because beggars had some very fun fighting styles.

God damned love dragon slap comboing people who had ancient Tai Chi, sure they might kill me but they know I kicked them in the dick and slapped the poo poo out of them.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I loved that Mt. Hua competition where whichever two goons were in the final bracket used whatever common style against each other.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

angerbeet posted:

I loved that Mt. Hua competition where whichever two goons were in the final bracket used whatever common style against each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqL728k7yMo

Edit: Almost six years ago, Jesus.

Little Abigail fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 12, 2019

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought it was weird how two of the three beggar's styles needed to build resources in order to use all the abilities or combo, but everyone else just hit buttons and used their abilities. Which was sad because beggars had some very fun fighting styles.

God damned love dragon slap comboing people who had ancient Tai Chi, sure they might kill me but they know I kicked them in the dick and slapped the poo poo out of them.

So on Chinaserver there's a style that revolves entirely about punching/kicking people in the dick.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I see you are a fan of my work.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Feeling the chinagame itch again, good chance i'll be jumping in with the new china server whenever that is. Really want to give shaolin a try and just wrestle through blocks all day.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Tbh the biggest issue I found playing on China server from the states is are the occasional lag spikes you get. It's barely good enough when it's a constant 150ms, but when it suddenly spikes to 1.4kms you might as well throw in the towel.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SweetBro posted:

when it suddenly spikes to 1.4kms you might as well throw in the towel.

I hate it when my lag spikes so bad you can measure it in kilometers

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

An unintentional typo, but a welcome one.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I will always love Chinagame, the only MMO that I ever kept interest in and was decent at. I tell stories of the beuatiful sketchiness of the company making/managing the game, how they clearly used machine translating and used a Russian payment processing service with an unebliviable number of payment forms accepted - I begame friends with the check out girl at the burger king around the block from me, because I was always getting gift cards to pay for stupid stuff with.

It let me just have the simple and vulgar name "Bastard" as my username, it was a truly great game. It had a pretty complex/huge mechanical design for mediridians and random stuff but in no way made it clear or known to most players, and having the power dynamic favoring the Chinese speaking regions, because they could just read guides in Chinese made by the Chinese players and therefore be more powerful just because they knew how to play is amazing. It offered a romanticized setting of China's past not afraid to bring up how gross old times were, while also having the full experience of shady Chinese company management. It taught important social lessons and understand, when the Vietnamese hatassed me by calling me an ape and also 'dark stupid' I not only got a better understanding that other countries have their own hosed up racism centered on very different dynamics on racial superiority and prejudices. I also learned that if I forget to explain that players gathered into groups based on language that I come off hella racism talking about how we did X or Y when fighting the Vietnamese. Eating spicy rectum was an important element of proper war and I spent a large amount of my time setting up production of ingredients, to keep Goon fighters eating them rectums.

Pretty much every weird or totally stupid thing I'd want in a MMO, and also was a pretty good MMO.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I hope y'all chinagamers are playing Total War 3 Kingdoms and conquering lew-o yang and chang doo

(unfortunately the other age of wushu zones are not represented)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am sorry I must ma tang without the cuckhold strat

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Welp. Finally ran past my misgivings and got a China account for the Chinagame.

What is it with this drat game? I keep coming back... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Skylight posted:

Welp. Finally ran past my misgivings and got a China account for the Chinagame.

What is it with this drat game? I keep coming back... :negative:

Obey the Rules of the Flying Eagle Stronghold and Follow the Lady to the Guestroom

Green Cloud Castle was just insane in general