Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Turkey curry.

https://www.raymondblanc.com/recipes/leftover-turkey-curry-recipe/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

I had turkey curry on Boxing Day every year of my life from about age 6 to 30 and I honestly ended up looking forward to it more than Christmas dinner (we stopped doing big Christmas turkeys when about half the family ended up being vegetarian)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

forkboy84 posted:

Probably a bit ScotPol for this thread but worth reading anyway for a picture of a tweet in the article from ForWomen.Scot, who are anti-trans bigots who got mad at Patrick Harvie (Green MSP & all round great guy) retweeting a "cat's" Twitter account and claimed that because the Twitter profile described the cat as an "orange boy" it was sectarian which just...perfect

it's been fun to see Joan's twitter feed slowly getting more and more openly terfy as she gets lovebombed by a small group of obsessives telling her she's speaking truth to the trans cabal, and refuses to listen to anyone who says different. doing the Linehan Slide

she's not directly called any trans women a man yet but she may still get there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

Due to a family mishap my wife and I have an enormous roast turkey and no one to share it with. We’ve already had a turkey dinner and turkey & bacon on fancy bread (artisan sourdough - wall) and that’s it for ideas we’ve got on how to eat roast turkey. Any suggestions?

any recipe you'd use chicken in you can also use turkey

like carbonara for instance

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Sanford posted:

Due to a family mishap my wife and I have an enormous roast turkey and no one to share it with. We’ve already had a turkey dinner and turkey & bacon on fancy bread (artisan sourdough - wall) and that’s it for ideas we’ve got on how to eat roast turkey. Any suggestions?

Mash up some spuds with some brussels sprouts* and fry it for bubble and squeak, slather it and the turkey with tomato ketchup and scarf a plateful

*the only acceptable method of consuming sprouts

You could also render the turkey bones down into stock and make a risotto; that's our standard post turkey meals but hopefully you'll be done by then

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Sanford posted:

Turkey freezes well if it's taken off the bone. Otherwise just use it however you would chicken. Stews, casseroles, and pot pies are good ways of using it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He then pissed that so completely down his leg with poo poo like the em@iler that Sky had to buy out Amstrad to guarantee availability of set top boxes for the HD rollout.

The em@iler has to be one of the biggest technology turkeys of modern times. It is hilarious that at at a time when dial-up internet access was widespread and broadband was beginning to see a lot of take up and PCs had become affordable he thought there would be demand for an ugly monstrosity that used a premium rate phone number to send email. He was still trying to flog these things by featuring them on the TV show in the mid 2000s.

quote:

When the Amstrad E-mailer E1 was released in March 2000 it was 12p per email collection,by 2004 the price increased to 17p,and then in 2006 the cost increased again to 20p and stayed at that price until the service was closed in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mailer

The whole thing is very funny reading. You think he can't possibly stoop any lower but he always does! :laugh:

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 22, 2019

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

So, gently caress M&S and all that but apparently there's been a massive run on their mojitos lmao

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Bundy posted:

So, gently caress M&S and all that but apparently there's been a massive run on their mojitos lmao

Regardless of anything, to see that on a hot day you'd be forgiven for thinking "yeah, I want a mojito!". I'm honestly probably going to try one in the next few days.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Turkey and bacon sandwich, mayo, slice of tomato.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sanford posted:

coronation turkey for sandwiches

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I assume that article was written by an old, the only people who would ever want that thing

quote:

By 2011 and when the service closed down, there were still about 150,000 customers still using the Amstrad Emailer, It's a bit like Marmite, you either liked it or disliked it ..

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1120417755499573248

finally, the real news.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

At least he didn't shove a Lannister sex dwarf up his bum

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:laffo: that emailer thing is incredible.

I confess I have a soft spot for British computing though, given that somehow things worked out such that the field was dominated by America and Japan but we managed to have our own thriving little industry over here with Speccies and BBC Micros and what have you

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Qwertycoatl posted:

At least he didn't shove a Lannister sex dwarf up his bum

That's on page 12, after we find out what chimneys have been shat down this week

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Qwertycoatl posted:

I assume that article was written by an old, the only people who would ever want that thing

No idea if they're an old or not, but they're even more weird than you imagined because they are actually collecting these things:

quote:

I just added some things to this because I am collector of the Amstrad E-mailer,I have 3 of them,I uploaded a photo of 2 of mine that I have next to me,the Plus and E3. this page is starting to look better now.is there a way of changing the title from E-mailer to Amstrad E-mailer because that what I have always called it, like you are not going to call a Amstrad CPC 464 just CPC 464 or Amstrad PCW,PCW..?? Spannernick1 (talk) 13:35, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

quote:

Just added some stuff about the device and about hacking the E3 to Run Linux on,please don't remove it,I done my best.This needed added it it,cos not all of us disliked ,I like mine.It's like Marmite

Scikar fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 22, 2019

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
People will collect everything and anything up to and including actual literal poo poo

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Getting very yospos in here

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RabidWeasel posted:

People will collect everything and anything up to and including actual literal poo poo

dont doxx me

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/Scouse_ma/status/1120349724043894786?s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

baka kaba posted:

Getting very yospos in here

I don't know what that means.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I only watched a bit of that show but it seemed pretty racist and also quite dull

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I only watched a bit of that show but it seemed pretty racist and also quite dull

An accurate look into average daily life in britain

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DesperateDan posted:

An accurate look into average daily life in britain

yeah it was grim

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

"consider what we can do in this crisis" followed by BE LOUDER
is funny to me

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Ms Adequate posted:

:laffo: that emailer thing is incredible.

I confess I have a soft spot for British computing though, given that somehow things worked out such that the field was dominated by America and Japan but we managed to have our own thriving little industry over here with Speccies and BBC Micros and what have you

:science: Most Android phones use a processor that's pretty much a direct descendant of the BBC Micro's :science:

edit, uh, co-processor. It's basically Acorn stuff, anyway.

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 22, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Regarde Aduck posted:

yospos is a cool forum with good people but sometimes they're a little too into old computers!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

"I'm blown away that people with different coloured skin would be normal, like me and own electronics. They even surprised me by having a glade plug-in freshener and not just smearing poo poo on the walls."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

baka kaba posted:

yospos is a cool forum with good people but sometimes they're a little too into old computers!

you can admit you gently caress your computer we won't judge too harshly

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

RabidWeasel posted:

I had turkey curry on Boxing Day every year of my life from about age 6 to 30 and I honestly ended up looking forward to it more than Christmas dinner (we stopped doing big Christmas turkeys when about half the family ended up being vegetarian)

I have read Bridget Jones and therein Una Alconbury's turkey curry buffet but did not realise this is a real thing. Are horrible jumpers also involved?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

Take a look at the chip running your phone.

(Yes ok ARM are owned by a Japanese bank these days. World HQ is still just down the road from me though)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

did we forget about ARM?
e: drat timing

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

lol imagine eating something as poo poo as turkey

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's a subforum for computer dorks.

Which, you'd think would just be the entire Something Awful but there we go.

https://twitter.com/mrdavidwhitley/status/1120422953202737152

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Her tiny brain spent 3 seconds in overdrive for the best answer.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jose posted:

you can admit you gently caress your computer we won't judge too harshly

This was an original selling point of the E-mailer or as I call it, the Amstrad E-mailer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Everyone should read Keyboard Goop in the SA Goldmine if you want a funny story about Amstrads

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is it OK to be annoyed by Laurie Penny? I find her an insufferable posh priviliged Oxbridge twit who won't shut about how she's actually really kooky and basically a "manic pixie dream girl but in a good way" to the point she wrote more than one article trying to take down Zooey Deschenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Middle class folk with no experience of the police other than as a customer services department. It might have leant far more stupid than malicious on their part but fucks sake those poor folk facing deportation camp :smith:

I'm sorry but if someone steals my wallet, I'm calling the police. What happens to them is not my problem.

Seriously, have we gotten to the point where the choices are "LITERAL Nazi dictatorship" and "Never call the police for any reason, if you are the victim of a crime... Uh... Don't be"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 22, 2019