Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I was really hyped for FF12 because I thought it was coming out this week but it’s actually next week and now this whole week has been ruined and I want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:psypop: 8-player splitscreen?!?!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/sega_ages_virtua_racing_speeds_onto_the_japanese_eshop_next_week

Does anyone know if this is the Genesis version or the 32x version? The 32x ran better and had better draw distances, poly count, etc, but drat, 8-way splitscreen???

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:psypop: 8-player splitscreen?!?!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/sega_ages_virtua_racing_speeds_onto_the_japanese_eshop_next_week

Does anyone know if this is the Genesis version or the 32x version? The 32x ran better and had better draw distances, poly count, etc, but drat, 8-way splitscreen???

I think it's based directly on the arcade version actually

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Segdo what Nindon't

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think it's based directly on the arcade version actually

Oh, yeah, even better.

This is a day one purchase, I'm totally wading through the JP eshop for this one

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you're in NA, I would say wait for the NA release. The Mexican eshop Sega games are all half off by default, so its worth buying through that if you're gonna go through a foreign shop. I bought outrun early, and immediately regretted it when I saw the price differences.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

If you're in NA, I would say wait for the NA release. The Mexican eshop Sega games are all half off by default, so its worth buying through that if you're gonna go through a foreign shop. I bought outrun early, and immediately regretted it when I saw the price differences.

You shouldn't, because Outrun is a fantastic game worth the full price.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Been watching days gone previews and besides the high fidelity open world and huge horde count, Dawn of survivors, does a lot of the same things. I won't miss the narrative, and having bite sized maps can be a blessing when trying to play the actual game instead of just travelling a map, though days gone tries to use that to it's advantage with dynamic ambushes. All that to say I spent $2 and don't feel remorse or like I'm missing out on some cool new zombie game experience.

Takoluka posted:

You shouldn't, because Outrun is a fantastic game worth the full price.

That's true, but everything helps on a budget.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

I have a Japanese account but haven't set one up for Mexico. Would I have to buy a foreign eshop point card for this or will it take my American credit card on file?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

loudog999 posted:

I have a Japanese account but haven't set one up for Mexico. Would I have to buy a foreign eshop point card for this or will it take my American credit card on file?

It takes any American card, which is why i use it over my Japan account. Get used to googling exchange rates lol

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

loudog999 posted:

I don't know about CC, but the eshop will take any region's Paypal account

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

a7m2 posted:

I always assumed PayPal was broken on Switch. I've never been able to get it to work even on my US shop. It pops up some error, not sure what since it's been awhile since I tried it. Maybe it's working now, so if there is an issue with the CC I'll give it a shot.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a7m2 posted:

The JP eShop would not take my EN PayPal, for what that's worth.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is all of Nintendo's games on the N64, they all look like poo poo since Nintendo really didn't know what they were doing.

It's not that the game designers didn't know what they were doing. It's that the N64 has almost no texture memory.

Unless you meant that the hardware designers didn't know what they were doing. Then yeah, they do seem to have missed a few things.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nuclear Throne is Good! I'm really bad at it, but it's not so hard or so un-fun that I feel like I wasted my money. It helps that it's very quick to play and arcadey. I've unlocked a couple of dudes and already I'm seeing how I can take the game farther. It's hard to play with joy-cons. I had to put shoot on the the left controller, with the special on the right, since I wasn't able to shoot and aim at the same time. Also, I've put auto-aim at max because I'm terrible at aiming well.
Crystal is by far my favorite to play since I suck at shooting and it favors defensive play. I got the Plant, and the seed it shoots out, does it only slow enemies down? Because they also seem to shoot less. Seeing how much I've liked the wrench (the furthest I got, the sewers, was with the wrench) I think the Plant could really do well with slowing down enemies and smacking them dead.

Nuclear Throne is so good. The wrench is a great backup for the sewers. Crystal is an ok character when you're first starting out but imo she encourages bad habits. I find myself trying to tank shots out of habit with other characters instead of juking them. I don't like her Throne Butt ability either. Don't play Robot right after using her and eat your best weapon on reflex :argh:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

loudog999 posted:

I always assumed PayPal was broken on Switch. I've never been able to get it to work even on my US shop. It pops up some error, not sure what since it's been awhile since I tried it. Maybe it's working now, so if there is an issue with the CC I'll give it a shot.

I've always used it with no issues

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was really hyped for FF12 because I thought it was coming out this week but it’s actually next week and now this whole week has been ruined and I want to die.

You didn't notice the line where it said the release date was April 30 ever since it was announced?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Waffle! posted:

Nuclear Throne is so good. The wrench is a great backup for the sewers. Crystal is an ok character when you're first starting out but imo she encourages bad habits. I find myself trying to tank shots out of habit with other characters instead of juking them. I don't like her Throne Butt ability either. Don't play Robot right after using her and eat your best weapon on reflex :argh:

One of the first things I did with Robot after unlocking it was eat a good gun accidentally :saddowns:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bought that 200 GB microSD card when it was on sale, so I have a spare 128 and honestly, I have no use for this thing. If anyone wants it, let me know and it's yours. Won't even charge you postage as long as you don't mind me mailing it in a normal boring envelope.

Monitor Burn
Nov 29, 2001
No clever to be found here

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Bought that 200 GB microSD card when it was on sale, so I have a spare 128 and honestly, I have no use for this thing. If anyone wants it, let me know and it's yours. Won't even charge you postage as long as you don't mind me mailing it in a normal boring envelope.

Sure, sent you a PM

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Monitor Burn posted:

Sure, sent you a PM
And responded. Glad to rehome it!

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

What games can I get for my Switch that are relaxing in the same way as Stardew Valley but also not SDV because I've played it for hundreds of hours on PC already? I was looking at My Time at Portia but apparently that runs like rear end.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Danyull posted:

What games can I get for my Switch that are relaxing in the same way as Stardew Valley but also not SDV because I've played it for hundreds of hours on PC already? I was looking at My Time at Portia but apparently that runs like rear end.

Picross. Picross forever.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Danyull posted:

Yoku's Island Express

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Danyull posted:

Golf Story

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SteamWorld Dig

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Danyull posted:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on 50cc difficulty with Isabelle.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Danyull posted:

Breath of the Wild, Moonlighter, or Minecraft?

e: Dragon Quest Builders

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Danyull posted:

Here are the games that I routinely fall asleep playing, not because they're bad, but because they're so relaxing

-Golf Story
-Katamari Damacy
-BOTW

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Danyull posted:

Dragon Quest Builders is exactly what you're looking for. It's actually much less tedious than SDV since you aren't constantly doing busy work with the crops. I've actually been trying to find another game like this until the sequel comes out in a few months.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Just filed a refund request for Portia. Missing features, huge load times and game-breaking bugs. The trifecta of 'this is a bad port'

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Disgaea is like SDV but the demons are your crops

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am so loving amped for more god drat Picross.

I'll likely pick up Boxboy at some point too, played a little of the first one on 3DS and enjoyed it, but for some reason never got too far.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

The JP eShop would not take my EN PayPal, for what that's worth.

Can’t use my JP Paypal with my Canadian account. Japan is really restrictive.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

jfc FFXII is a full £45 too? Is anyone actually paying these prices for 15 year old games?

(I mean I know they are but why.)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Steve2911 posted:

jfc FFXII is a full £45 too? Is anyone actually paying these prices for 15 year old games?

(I mean I know they are but why.)

Hi. Because it owns and I don't mind paying the Portable Premium.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

KingSlime posted:

Hi. Because it owns and I don't mind paying the Portable Premium.

You are the problem

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Square’s business model in 2019 is releasing games from last time they were good, and games that reference that time like music crossovers, fighting crossovers, and like 17 different mobile game crossovers

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

StabMasterArson posted:

You are the problem

Make more money or emulate it for free. You are the master of your fate, not square enix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

KingSlime posted:

Make more money

loving hell.