Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Speaking of... apparently reddits husbando Kevin "Cloaken" left Blizzard today, or it's his last day at least, hope is waning.

This game might be rotting, but I'll always keep playing these dumb brawls so long as me and my friends/bro can just 5 stack to stomp them, feeling dirty once a week still give this shuttering poo poo client a home on my PC.

I can't even remember the last time I lost one honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The STORM LEAGUE queues have been like ~10 seconds so I dunno, seems fine.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I still love this game, but it seems the only people who play QM now are people who can barely even speak engrish

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

Rip this profoundly dead game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

This is peak thread synopsis.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
and murky talk

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
god i loving love murky

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's alive, ALIVE!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1119646920136376321

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Well colour me surprised.

Anduin lights his way into Smash HoTS.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ronnie posted:

Well colour me surprised.

Anduin lights his way into Smash HoTS.

It would only be 8 months too late.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So the replies on twitter seem to be... excited? About Anduin? Anduin?? Am I missing something

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Macaluso posted:

So the replies on twitter seem to be... excited? About Anduin? Anduin?? Am I missing something

Even stale white bread is appetizing to a starving man.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

W.T. Fits posted:

Even stale white bread is appetizing to a starving man.

drat

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Why would anyone care about this soiboi... I hope he's at least a proper multiclass character.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Im_Special posted:

Why would anyone care about this soiboi... I hope he's at least a proper multiclass character.

Varian is so lonely in his little category.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the bowl of oatmeal, king of stormwind, is soon to be joined by his son: the bowl of grits

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Ritznit posted:

Varian is so lonely in his little category.

I know someone said, or hinted at that the "multi-class" thing was dead, but in my headcanon the guy responsible for the "No more multiclass" comment has since left the dev team, and the only reason it took so long for Anduin to arrive was because they reworked him to be a multi-class hero.

With Varian you just pick your role at the start and that's that, if your team needs a Tank you go Taunt, if your team needs a Bruiser you go Twin Blades, if your team needs an Assassin to focus enemy target you go Colossus, or just slam Twin Blades no matter what in QM because QM. Not a true multi-class IMO. But oh boy do I love slamming Taunt to ruin a Tracer's day.

To me a real multi-class hero must be able to change roles in fight, like a druid shifting to Bear/Cat form. If your tank or healer dies you change role on the spot (maybe with a long CD and timer, or a weakened state once the form is over).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I reinstalled and the queue times on my server are still appalling but it’s still a p decent game imo

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Having a multi-class sounds great on paper but from what we've experienced initially with Varian, it didn't really pan out. Not because of the play style itself, but the players picking Varian gave no regard to choosing the appropriate class for the situation the team were in.

"We need a tank!" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We need someone to soak damage" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We have 4 assassin heroes, so why don't y--" *Varian goes twin blade*

I love the idea of switching classes on the fly, almost like Greymane. However, I don't have enough faith to think the regular player has the common sense to swap at the appropriate time (Just like I've seen with Greymane).
If Anduin is going to be multi-class then I think he should have that option at level 10.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ronnie posted:

Having a multi-class sounds great on paper but from what we've experienced initially with Varian, it didn't really pan out. Not because of the play style itself, but the players picking Varian gave no regard to choosing the appropriate class for the situation the team were in.

"We need a tank!" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We need someone to soak damage" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We have 4 assassin heroes, so why don't y--" *Varian goes twin blade*

I love the idea of switching classes on the fly, almost like Greymane. However, I don't have enough faith to think the regular player has the common sense to swap at the appropriate time (Just like I've seen with Greymane).
If Anduin is going to be multi-class then I think he should have that option at level 10.

Varian originally had the choice for which spec to take at level 10. They eventually changed it to level 4. :v:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, making your 'Role' selection at 10 is futile, really, because your 1/4/7 slots will have already largely been dictated by your planned choice at 10.
So your option at 10 then becomes either push on with your original plan (probably best) or play a sub-par version of the 'other' tree.

As a result, you might as well make the role choice be 4, or 1, or just not have a role choice at all, and play another Hero if you wanna be <whatever>

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The design of varian was to be a toilet until 10 and then have great stats. They walked that back because it didnt make much sense, it felt too punishing for lower level players who both wouldnt get an advantage 1-10 and had the most trouble playing against his late-game point and click kit. (Varian was always one of the most banned heroes at bronze/silver/gold while being totally average above it)

Multi class does not fit with how rigidly heroes have been reworked into their role system. I see very little chance of it happening, but maybe the narrowness of hero roles was all dabiri's doing after all, who knows.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's hilariously fun just deleting someone off the map once every 20 seconds with C.Smash Varian.

It almost seems like it'd be better if they removed his taunt talent so there's a baseline assumption of what kind of Varian you're going to get (one what kills things, rather than it being a 25/75 split of "tank" vs "Kills things")

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kurieg posted:

It almost seems like it'd be better if they removed his taunt talent so there's a baseline assumption of what kind of Varian you're going to get (one what kills things, rather than it being a 25/75 split of "tank" vs "Kills things")

At this point, I agree. Delete Taunt and match him as a bruiser in QM. For some reason even though he's classified as a bruiser now he still gets throw up against full tanks like Garrosh and Johanna sometimes. It would just be a lot less frustration all around.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As long as Tracer is in the game I need taunt varian to exist. If she goes I accept your proposal.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this game was much better like a year ago

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!

Mind over Matter posted:

At this point, I agree. Delete Taunt and match him as a bruiser in QM. For some reason even though he's classified as a bruiser now he still gets throw up against full tanks like Garrosh and Johanna sometimes. It would just be a lot less frustration all around.

Plenty of bruisers get CC/initiation related heroics. Why not just remove the stat changes around taunt and make his stats pure bruiser across the board. He'd be squishier, but could fit into dive/hard initiation comps. Do you want the blow up (smash) or the CC (taunt)? Or do you want to be bargain basement Illidan?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Illidan is bargain basement Varian tbh

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Moritastic posted:

Plenty of bruisers get CC/initiation related heroics. Why not just remove the stat changes around taunt and make his stats pure bruiser across the board. He'd be squishier, but could fit into dive/hard initiation comps. Do you want the blow up (smash) or the CC (taunt)? Or do you want to be bargain basement Illidan?

Honestly I'd be fine with that too. Taunt alone is not what makes tank Varian tanky. I'd support pretty much any option that reduced the occurrences of "One team has Diablo (or whoever), the other has a Varian with no interest in being a front line."

I know I post about this a lot, but it's pretty easily my biggest frustration with HoTS lately.

Edit: I know I can play draft modes, and do. But I don't want to do it all the time, and it doesn't solve the problem anyway.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Moola posted:

this game was much better like a year ago

anyone else remember when ammo existed :( please retweet

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bogart posted:

anyone else remember when ammo existed :( please retweet

F

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Ammo sucked and I'm glad it's gone.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No Anduin trailer yet? Rip this game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Anduin got released on the PTR I guess. Idk if a trailer is happening. He's a healer.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think they've been pushing anduin for longer than varian was actually in WoW and alive, and people still like him less than varian, and no one liked varian

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Tender Bender posted:

I think they've been pushing anduin for longer than varian was actually in WoW and alive, and people still like him less than varian, and no one liked varian

One time he murdered a giant croc with a slightly pointy stick, that was kinda cool

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Had a real good brawl game. One guy had Butcher and the rest of us had healer options so I suggested 4 heals + Butcher just for fun. We rolled the other team pretty hard, even though they had two blinds.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The difference in quality between Anduin's model and literally every other Warcraft male (with the exception of Muradin and Falstad, because they're supposed to look squat and stocky) is staggering.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Don’t talk smack about the old models or Arthas will slap you across the face and knock you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

Kith posted:

The difference in quality between Anduin's model and literally every other Warcraft male (with the exception of Muradin and Falstad, because they're supposed to look squat and stocky) is staggering.

i can't praise falstad's model ever since I noticed the baby legs

yeah yeah, programming/modeling shortcut, but it's one of those things you can't unsee.