Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

hell yeah what are you up to
I've just done the first too missions of Ace Attorney so far. It's incredibly hype but also tense and exhausting in a weird way.

Also I had a mild breakdown when I realized where IT's name and av came from, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm on case 2 of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and if this one is any indication this game is going to be super long. I have a bad habit of starting Ace Attorney cases late at night and playing through the whole case in one shot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I've just done the first too missions of Ace Attorney so far. It's incredibly hype but also tense and exhausting in a weird way.

Also I had a mild breakdown when I realized where IT's name and av came from, lol.

he got the name and avatar from another poster he killed, he has never played the games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

he got the name and avatar from another poster he killed, he has never played the games

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never played Phoenix Wright but Ghost Trick is amazing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My name isn't from PW, but it's a cool coincidence

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

My name isn't from PW, but it's a cool coincidence

What's it from

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

What's it from

Diapers.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

same, and as a result I'm unsure whether I should try out the pw games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You should. The first three games are awesome

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm on case 2 of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and if this one is any indication this game is going to be super long. I have a bad habit of starting Ace Attorney cases late at night and playing through the whole case in one shot

i should get back to aai2, i think i got a couple minutes into the third case.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

SciFiDownBeat posted:

ghost trick is easily one of my favourite games ever made. it is absolutely outstanding in every aspect, and more people have to play it. Also you both should try at least PW1. The lack of an overarching mystery might not make it as intense as GT, but some of those cases are mindblowing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
id say the final case of PW2 ranks right up there with ghost trick when it comes to sheer thrills, crazy twists and dramatic tension, and thematically it ties very well into the concept of being a defense attorney and phoenix's character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DeKiller

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I started playing XBC2 and it’s quite good. I like that there’s a little bit of a timed element to combat

make sure you pick up the skill that lets you cancel arts into arts on whichever character you're playing as, that makes the combat even more fun since you can eventually just chain all your moves together into really long combo strings across all the blades you have equipped if you're good with the cancel timings

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I always think of the Philippe IT avvy as canon personally

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1117980220538015744

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ArfJason posted:

id say the final case of PW2 ranks right up there with ghost trick when it comes to sheer thrills, crazy twists and dramatic tension, and thematically it ties very well into the concept of being a defense attorney and phoenix's character.

High praise, considering ghost trick's final level. top 5 gamer moment right there.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when you leave Nintendo they preserve a grotesquerie of your head forever lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3QwDpTmsew

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1118531116279840768

THEY FINALLY DID COLOR PICROSS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really need to pick up Picross S 1&2. I've been obsessively playing that Konami picross game on my phone lately

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
1 was my go to "sit on the couch while half watching sports on the TV" game but then I got to the mega puzzles and my brain broke.

I love the whole presentation of the games though. They're incredibly slick.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think i finished all the regular puzzles in 1 but never touched the mega they were far too scary

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Picross isn't fun. But i will buy S3, I didn't even know there was a S2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like mega picross, and i love color picross

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i like mega picross, and i love color picross

Lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
This looks neat

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/hd-emulation-mod-makes-mode-7-snes-games-look-like-new/

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Mega picross is good.

I still miss the touch controls and the gradual color filling in from the picross e games though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1120388085068570628?s=21

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aw sheet ill buy that crap HEEL yeet

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
my box is rigid

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Did they ever fix the really long loading times on the Switch version of Lumines?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ptarmigans posted:

Did they ever fix the really long loading times on the Switch version of Lumines?

i played it the other night and they seemed shorter than i remembered

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://kotaku.com/a-teen-dirtbag-beat-em-up-with-phenomenal-writing-1834113635

Anyone played this? Looks super cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that article is completely unbearable but the game looks cool. Might give it a go