Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
As for Ned's bones, um, yall forget the Red Wedding or the Boltons taking Winterfell? You really think anyone thought to Fedex Ned's bones back home?

The book made it way cooler; some Northern lady had Reek/Theon take her down to the crypts when Ramsay ruled it, and told Reek how she was a teenager when ned's brother branden totally had the hots for her, but he was engaged later to Catelyn. But the lady kept her cool and waited, marrying another dude, who rode off with Ned Stark to war. And some months later Ned comes back with her husband's horse and that was it. He buried her husband with several other men in an unmarked grave, but he did make drat sure to bring his whore sister's bones home. So now this lady, old and widowed, was pretty loving glad the Starks were destroyed, and bragged to Theon Ned's bones were lost in some swamp...but she had people looking for them so she would be sure he never got home.

Same thing with Robb, the idiot's probably rotten in some mass Stark grave.

I do really love how Jon is a total idiot here now. LOL Dany hey I'm really your king lmao isn't that awesome no no one else knows why? gently caress you idiots, just get married and rule together, it isn't that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Bronn ain’t gonna do poo poo. He’ll have a bros-befo’-hoes moment and not kill either of the Lannister Lads.

E: Cleganebowl ends with the crossbow being used to impale the Mountain right before he rips Sandor’s head off.

Has Wight Hound fighting Large Rob Clegane been debunked? I'm not up to date.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

big nipples big life posted:

I think the wildling girl would have probably commented on his scaly, firebreathing dong so that theory is out.

She was a wildling, she never saw a southerner dick before. She was probably thinking, "Oh everybody south of the wall has scaly dragon dicks, so that's why we stay up here."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dongicus posted:

You are, with 99.9 percent accuracy, sexually attracted to computer components. Never reply to me ever again.

I'm certain, to 99.2 percent accuracy (sorry my autism levels aren't as high), that you are responsible for no less than 5 of those pages.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bronn is already living big in essos

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Supreme Allah posted:

I do, four Episodes left, wiating to see who dies and what happens and then I don't think there's anything on TV worth watching until the Deadwood movie

New/final season of iZombie starts May 2. You know, if you like shows with zombies. It's set in Seattle tho so winter definitely isn't coming.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Defenders of GOT always pad out their lists of why one episode wasn’t filler with things like “-now THIS character also knows the thing that this other character learned about in the last episode” and “-the thing that character did last episode? Well now he’s in the location where it’ll eventually happen!” as if these are distinct plot points instead of just where things were already going

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have a bad feeling about my main man Beric's chances of survival.

Jorah can't die because he has a valyrian steel sword literally named Heartsbane and he has to kill Dany and pull Lightbringer out of her heart.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Are all the serpent people dead? Like the had whole armies which just... none of this makes any sense anymore. Callback to earlier season. The NK should go around winterfell, kill the golden company/kings landing and then after having killed everyone and winterfell is super hosed, blockade the poo poo outta it until only bran/3i raven is alive. Oh wait no it's poetry about fire and ice is like life and death and everything's a circle and time is whimsical (when the plot needs).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Are all the serpent people dead? Like the had whole armies which just... none of this makes any sense anymore. Callback to earlier season. The NK should go around winterfell, kill the golden company/kings landing and then after having killed everyone and winterfell is super hosed, blockade the poo poo outta it until only bran/3i raven is alive. Oh wait no it's poetry about fire and ice is like life and death and everything's a circle and time is whimsical (when the plot needs).

The Dornish army should still be intact, but Euron destroyed / captured all the boats Dany and Yara were going to use to transport them. So now they are just sitting in Dorne. Or maybe Euron destroyed the boats when the armies were on it I don't really remember.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Wait they're not going to kill the Night King and destroy the undead army next episode right?

Also I love the compounding dumbness of:

If we kill the Night King the entire army dies.

Well then he'll just sit in a cave somewhere.

No, luckily, he's so incredibly stupid he'll risk his life trying to murder some guy.

Why?

Well this guy knows history and if you kill the history you kill the people.

Surely if you kill the people you kill the people? Also why not just have some of his twenty trillion men kill this guy?

We have 4 episodes.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 23, 2019

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Also why the gently caress is Dany referring to it as "Jon Snow's fight?" Like the only reason you're fighting is for the bone? Not because the world will end if you don't?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

facebook jihad posted:

I'm certain, to 99.2 percent accuracy (sorry my autism levels aren't as high), that you are responsible for no less than 5 of those pages.

This post is what gbs does to your brain

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

"What if they all just showed up there" does look easy, yeah.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
“What if the world got significantly smaller during winter? Clickety-clack”.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

To be fair, it's Stephen King commenting on how to handle an ending

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Martman posted:

To be fair, it's Stephen King commenting on how to handle an ending

my mom's been getting into Stephen King recently and talking about what a great storyteller he is. I do think he's a fantastic writer and is a reason he publishes so often, but that tweet killed me a little bit on the inside.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He’s a cool guy but I dunno if I would take heed to his opinions on storytelling.

The Shining is one of the best movies ever made, fight me.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Uh, maybe, but a scary ghost lady on the toilet is clearly how that story was meant to conclude.

edit: After googling the end of the novel, it's possible I've misremembered it...

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jorah can't die because he has a valyrian steel sword literally named Heartsbane and he has to kill Dany and pull Lightbringer out of her heart.

Jorah going from printer carrying to incel sword murder does make sense. Next year you'll be a writer on the show('s inevitable spinoff).

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

there's still hope for undead bad pussy

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
This is the only battle set up where the Unsullied could actually use their strengths (elite soldiers trained to fight as a phalanx) and they are fighting a mostly-infantry horde that is presumed will run mindlessly at them. So I expect they will all die in some dumb way.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Stephen King is indeed a great storyteller but not a great storyfinisher so in that regard he has a lot in common with George RR Martin.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I just wanna know what King liked so much to prompt that tweet. He's the kind of person to weirdly fixate on one minute thing.

Either that or an intern did it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Laterite posted:

Stephen King is indeed a great storyteller but not a great storyfinisher so in that regard he has a lot in common with George RR Martin.

This is the correct take.

King writes some really spectacular poo poo that almost always has the worst possible ending.

Everyone knows about The Shining, but apparently The Dark Tower has an ending so bad fans would rather die than read the last chapter of this 80,000 page series.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

King writes some really spectacular poo poo that almost always has the worst possible ending.

Everyone knows about The Shining, but apparently The Dark Tower has an ending so bad fans would rather die than read the last chapter of this 80,000 page series.

Oh, it's bad. Real bad. I still love the series but the second half of the last book is just awful.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Look at these loving retards

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Lol the last chapter ends with the narrator telling you to stop reading because anything you imagine will be better than the ending.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

Look at these loving retards

This makes me angry.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Resting Lich Face posted:

The little girl with the scarred face who wanted to fight is DEFINITELY going to die horribly.

She's the one who's gonna fight off ned stark's headless skeleton

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm all in on the stupid anime show. That bit where Arya flings knives perfectly into a post half a mile away by barely flicking her wrist was just... *kisses fingertipis* perfecto! How will you top that dumb poo poo, GoT? Gimmie all you got! Gimmie Jon Snow with his red laser sword fighting Night King with his blue sword.

"Forgive me, Father. But I have to go all out... just this once."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The biggest tragedy was when that MILF wilding got killed and converted.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm really glad they kept going with ninja Arya

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

etalian posted:

The biggest tragedy was when that MILF wilding got killed and converted.

And what a MILF she was. But we'll never truly know where her tits would be on the ranking.... *Kicks rock wistfully hands in pockets*

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the show finally jumped the stark.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Looks like the show finally jumped the stark.

Gendry sure did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Shame that it will all end soon.